PDA

View Full Version : 13XX MOS Feild

scotties7167160
10-21-07, 03:12 PM
I am about to sign the contract for the 13xx and I am just wondering the basic questions. If these are not important and stuff that I dont need to know let me know.
1. What are the basic living situations?
2. What is the specialty school like?
3. What is the basic job of a combat engineer?(this is what i hope to get)
If you have any other coments please feel free to add.
Your help is much apreciated.
My shipd date is 20080728 so i got alot of time.
Thank You

MKinney
10-22-07, 06:32 AM
I don't know much about the 1300 field. I myself tried for 1371 combat engineer. Question though.

Are you a good swimmer? I couldn't pass the swim qual in bootcamp required (Level 2) and I was put into the utilities MOS field.

davblay
10-22-07, 09:09 AM
I am about to sign the contract for the 13xx and I am just wondering the basic questions. If these are not important and stuff that I dont need to know let me know.
1. What are the basic living situations? The living situation is that of any other Marine, in the Barracks!
2. What is the specialty school like? You attend classes every day!
3. What is the basic job of a combat engineer?(this is what i hope to get)
If you have any other coments please feel free to add.
Your help is much apreciated.
My shipd date is 20080728 so i got alot of time.
Thank You

I was a 1341 (Engineer Equipment Mechanic), which means I worked on heavy equipment like bulldozers and such. I enjoyed it as I have always been mechanically inclined.

Covey_Rider
10-22-07, 11:07 AM
I'm currently a combat engineer out in Okinawa right now. Living situations are just like any other Marine. Usually it will be you and a roommate. You can have tv's, computers, etc...Working hours depends on what unit you're with...and what you do as far as work also depends on what unit you are with. If you are with division then you will be a grunt with demo. You won't deal with construction...just demolitions. If you are with an engineer battalion then you will do it all, construction, demo, mine sweeping, route clearance etc. If you get put with the wing then you will really only see the construction side of things...you won't really do to much demolition. It's a very broad MOS and you will learn a lot of things. Your school will be in Courthouse Bay on Camp Lejeune in NC. It's 8 weeks long and you'll get to do a lot of cool stuff. For example...we blew a hole in the ground big enough to put 30 Marines in...we also lifted a tracked howitzer off the ground and moved it with an anti-tank mine. Got to mess around with claymores and all others sorts of explosives. Fun stuff. Any other questions you have let me know and I'll happily answer them for you.