PDA

View Full Version : Mos Question

Morse
10-18-07, 01:08 AM
I have MOS 5811 contracted, and my question is after I graduate my MOS school, how would I go about volunteering for MOS 5812 (Working Dog Handler) because if I understand correctly, it's a seconday MOS (kind of an add-on to 5811)

Thank you for your help

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-18-07, 01:12 AM
I don't remember the exact thread, but this was covered in detail in this forum or the Ask a Marine forum. If you're contracted as a 5811 and not just 58XX I'd assume you're a reservist and will be filling a specific position- which may make it really difficult.

Morse
10-18-07, 02:38 AM
Actually Corporal, I was contracted Active Duty

Danman
10-18-07, 03:53 AM
haha I can see where this is going to go

Morse
10-18-07, 04:13 AM
That statement wasn't made as a correction to you Corporal, I was just stating that I was actually contracted to Active Duty. I hope no offence was taken to my post, as none was meant by it.
My apologies.

LeonardLawrence
10-18-07, 04:49 AM
Morse,

Please pay attention to detail. The Corporal took the time to help you....now you need to help yourself and do a search for your topic using the search feature.

Cpl EB4 said "I don't remember the exact thread, but this was covered in detail in this forum or the Ask a Marine forum". This is a hint where the information can be found.

Now I would recommend you use your initiative and find the information. It is there....seek and ye shall find.

Fubar5812
10-18-07, 10:54 AM
yea this WAS covered,I'm going for the same MOS but I didn't get a "contract" to guarntee me 5811.Active duty get 58xx meaning nothing is promised to you,you get your MOS once you get to school.

I'm also hoping for MWD handler,good luck man :)

Fubar5812
10-18-07, 10:57 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42784&highlight=5812

that is the best thread i could find,the topic has been covered but as far as I can tell there aren't any Marines on THIS site who have held that particular secondary MOS.

Morse
10-18-07, 11:10 AM
I did do some research, and actually found a BUNCH of threads that somehow linked to my search of 'MOS 5812' And I have since PMd someone about the matter. Thank you for the help!

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-18-07, 01:29 PM
No offense taken on my part at all. If you actually did get 5811 in your contract, good for you. Although, you'd be the first person I know of getting that promise since the QEP was ended several years ago. You may want to double check that your contract doesn't just promise 58XX which could be an MP or corrections.

Fubar5812
10-18-07, 01:48 PM
I did do some research, and actually found a BUNCH of threads that somehow linked to my search of 'MOS 5812' And I have since PMd someone about the matter. Thank you for the help!
really? good for you man,hope you find what your looking for..if you can share some info that would be awsome,i'm having a hard time finding any :)

bugeater
10-18-07, 03:59 PM
No offense taken on my part at all. If you actually did get 5811 in your contract, good for you. Although, you'd be the first person I know of getting that promise since the QEP was ended several years ago. You may want to double check that your contract doesn't just promise 58XX which could be an MP or corrections.
I signed my Active Duty contract a few weeks ago and also got 5811 instead of 58XX. There was only one MP slot open at the time for a female in my area and since I scored really high on the ASVAB, they made sure I got exactly what I wanted.

Morse
10-18-07, 05:09 PM
Yea, same here... I scored an 85, so I was open for everything. Contracted 5811 at MEPS... There were a few slots open, and I got one. I was pretty excited. I'll talk to my recruiter agian, to make sure I'm Active Duty.
And CWalling... I'll PM you the stuff i found.

Thanks again everybody!