PDA

View Full Version : Frequency of running at PI

mcneelyben
10-17-07, 09:34 AM
I was wandering if there is a "set schedule" of running at Parris Island? or if the Drill Instructers could run a platoon as much as they feel like whenever they feel like? Like, do recruits run three miles everyday beginning on day one or do they run three days a week? How did it work for the current Marines who have been through boot camp? thanks.

Phantom Blooper
10-17-07, 12:26 PM
I can't answer your question since it has been awhile since I was there...however we ran every a.m. and it seemed like we ran if not drilling to go from point A. to point B. at any of the drill instructors whim.

Unless a young buck answers I guess you will just have to wait and see,and it might be up to each series or platoon.:evilgrin:

Now I have a question for you..off topic.

I see in your profile that in your civilian occupation you work for the USDA Sedimentation Lab. Is this where the USDA is conducting government studies to see how long it takes excrement to sink or liquefy and form a sedimentary base...sort of like a septic tank system ? A inquiring mind wants to know.

Now for the sarcasm...If the answer to the question above is yes ...let me know when you resign and go to boot camp because I have a few contacts in Washington,DC that are qualified for this type of position.:beer:

PatriotGirl422
10-17-07, 12:40 PM
We had designated pt like 3 times a week. And not all those sessions consisted of running. You only run 3 miles on the two pfts, and then when you do a few formation runs. There's not a lot of long distance running, but your D.I.s will mess with you and make you run from place to place a lot. Like even if you are doing pushups and crunches for pt, they'll make you run back and forth from the push up station to the crunches station.
And, if you're short like me, you'll end up running a lot when you are stepping it out. ("Step it out" were my most dreaded words in boot camp, because to me it meant "run like hell")

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-17-07, 01:35 PM
We ran 3 times a week usually- most runs were about 3 miles though some were a bit longer or shorter.

Phantom Blooper
10-17-07, 07:53 PM
Unless a young buck answers

Or a buckette=doe :evilgrin:

hawks
10-27-07, 02:57 PM
You barely ever run in boot camp. My 3 mile went from 19:30 to 22:40 during boot camp. I think we ran a total of about 15 times including the 6 PFTs we ran