PDA

View Full Version : Military Relationships

Corndog
10-16-07, 08:22 PM
OK, I am an almost Marine Corps girlfriend. My boyfriend is currently in bootcamp at MCRDSD. OK, since I am in DEP is it against UCMJ for us to date after he gets back from boot??? I really dislike talking to my recruiter abot these things so any help is great! Thanks!

Fubar5812
10-16-07, 08:32 PM
wow that's pretty cool actually.

there are a few women on here who are Marines and have Marine boyfriend/husbands..only one off the top of my head is patriotgirl422 you can PM her and ask.

Isrowei
10-16-07, 08:35 PM
No. Prior existing relationship for one and two... he's going to be a PFC at most and you're going to be a civilian. By the time you get in, he'll be a LCpl at most?

If he were a GySgt... it might be different. But I don't see that happening in a year, do you? :)

Corndog
10-16-07, 08:44 PM
Lol. No. He might be below zone at some point, but I don't think he'll be that much below zone. Thanks!!!

Marine84
10-16-07, 08:57 PM
Corndog.................get ready to have your heart ripped out of you .....................often. People will come and go throughout your enlistment - about the time you get used to a place and get comfortable dating somebody, the Corps snatches you up and takes you away.

KRenee87
10-16-07, 09:03 PM
I don't have any advice but I wish you two good luck.:D

Corndog
10-16-07, 09:03 PM
Corndog.................get ready to have your heart ripped out of you .....................often. People will come and go throughout your enlistment - about the time you get used to a place and get comfortable dating somebody, the Corps snatches you up and takes you away.

Nobody said it was easy. If they did then I'd slap them across the face multiple times. It helps that he's reserves, and who knows what we'll do when I leave for boot camp. But for right now I am remaining faithful and true. Jodie ain't no friend of mine.

HurricaneRJ
10-16-07, 09:12 PM
My recruiter is a SSgt. and he married a girl ten years yonger than he was.

Well soon, enough she couldn't find work and then he recruiter her in the Marine Corps. Now she is a LCpl married to a SSgt.

crazymjb
10-16-07, 11:18 PM
Allegedly about 5 years a back a DEPper was "getting with" her recruiter at our RSS (A returning Marine on his second enlistment who came to PT us on Libo told us about it), as I understand it that was a violation of UCMJ. Both Marines are now long gone from this area.

There is a couple in my pool right now, and my recruiter said they would be fine if one went before the other. The girl was supposed to have left a while ago but her mother got sick so shes put it off, and her boyfriend is waiting on some waivers, so there was initially going to be at least 10 month gap between enlistments.

Mike

PatriotGirl422
10-17-07, 08:14 AM
Yup me and my boyfriend are both PFCs. I only went in 3 weeks before him though, so it wasn't a problem. The rule is that if you're dating before you become Marines, then there's nothing anyone can do about it. He and I started dating when we were poolees.
I do remember my recruiter coming and confronting me one time when he found out that I hung out with a couple of PFCs when I was a poolee. Apparently you're not allowed to hang out with Marines when you're a poolee. But, as long as you're dating before either of you is a Marine, then there's no rule against it. Fraternization rules aren't there to complicate life and break up good relationships. They don't get all technical about that stuff. The main purpose is to just make sure SSgts aren't dating PFCs and giving them special treatment on the job or anything.

Corndog
10-17-07, 01:06 PM
Yup me and my boyfriend are both PFCs. I only went in 3 weeks before him though, so it wasn't a problem. The rule is that if you're dating before you become Marines, then there's nothing anyone can do about it. He and I started dating when we were poolees.
I do remember my recruiter coming and confronting me one time when he found out that I hung out with a couple of PFCs when I was a poolee. Apparently you're not allowed to hang out with Marines when you're a poolee. But, as long as you're dating before either of you is a Marine, then there's no rule against it. Fraternization rules aren't there to complicate life and break up good relationships. They don't get all technical about that stuff. The main purpose is to just make sure SSgts aren't dating PFCs and giving them special treatment on the job or anything.

We started dating when we were both poolees and he gets back on November 2nd, and I don't even ship until June. Thanks a lot everybody! And I hang out with other Marines all the time, but they are the ones that I've been friends with since before I was in DEP.

Zulu 36
10-17-07, 05:51 PM
I knew a Canadian Army militia LtCol who fell in love with his clerk (a corporal). She had to get out so they could get married. Nice folks too.