PDA

View Full Version : Questions for you Poolees

bucksgted
10-13-07, 09:51 PM
Folks, I need your assistance, PLEASE!

I just got off the phone with my nephew, Chris. He is a DEP in Texarkana. He told me about a Pool Competition held at Little Rock AFB with Little Rock RSS, Pine Bluff RSS and Texarkana RSS. He said bunches of Marines, including the Major were there. Texarkana got their arshes handed to them, but Chris said he finished 2nd (1st loser) overall. (He said the Major gave the first place man a challenge coin. Really a nice touch and a good motivator also.)

I can't figure out how to score his stuff so maybe you folks can do it for me if I give you the numbers. The first place man had a 287 score and the third place had a 275. Chris's Sgt was talking to him during the announcements so he didn't hear his score. (He did not ride back home with Sgt. Cobble, but he has left him a voice mail.) Here are his numbers:

18 pullups
57 crunches
10 min 6 sec 1.5 mile run

BTW he said he also did 59 pushups, but they don't count for score.

He still has his Guide position, so I am sooooo proud of him. Do I sound like a "doting old man"???

Semper Fi, Devil Pups!!

Ed

LeonardLawrence
10-13-07, 10:07 PM
bucksgted,

Congrats! You sound very proud indeed. I tried to work the numbers for you, but my mind failed when I realized it wasn't off the PFT charts, but the IST charts.

I guess this is a super-secret chart that we aren't privy to.
Poolee up! :D

bucksgted
10-13-07, 10:27 PM
bucksgted,

Congrats! You sound very proud indeed. I tried to work the numbers for you, but my mind failed when I realized it wasn't off the PFT charts, but the IST charts.

I guess this is a super-secret chart that we aren't privy to.
Poolee up! :D
LMAO I tried the PFT charts also, but fell on my arshe as well. Like you, I have no idea what charts are used. The Poolee from Little Rock with the 287 must have been "rocking"!!

I am VERY proud of Chris. He also got mostly A's, some B's and only one C this reporting period. In my humble opinion, DEP is the best thing to happen to Chris. He is focused on a goal and it shows. He told me tonight that he REALLY wants his Eagle, Globe and Anchor. His Dad and my wife don't like it, but what the *#*# do they know?

Ed

LeonardLawrence
10-13-07, 10:30 PM
Your right. You are the Sgt...and you know best. Maybe a challenge coin from Uncle Ed would be in order...

I posted a second inquiry in one of the poolee areas to ask if anyone saw your post and to see if we can spread some light on those darned charts ;)

CathyGo
10-13-07, 10:50 PM
His score MIGHT be 234. I took the pull-ups and crunches off the PFT chart and then just multiplied his 1.5 mile run time by two and used the score from the equivalent 3 mile time. If they did that he got a 234. If they didn't he'll need to get the charts they were using.

LeonardLawrence
10-13-07, 11:09 PM
Thanks Cathy. I tried that as well, but that wouldn't fit with Busksgted's
1st place=287
2nd place= ???
3rd Place=278

We have it narrowed down to a 9 point score...but think there must be a standardized IST chart? No?

PatriotGirl422
10-14-07, 07:17 PM
I have always been big into numbers and statistics, and the whole time I was a poolee, I never heard of an IST scoring chart. I was always just told that there are minimum scores for passing the IST (45 crunches, 2 pullups, and 1.5 miles in 13 1/2 minutes). If we ever asked about scoring, we were just told that there were no scores for an IST since it's only 1.5 miles and to just worry about improving/passing the IST.
But in this case, I don't know how they calculated those scores. At our statewide poole function, no one was given any scores like that, we just got awards for whomever got the "best" score (i.e. whoever overall ran fastest, did the most crunches, and pullups)

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-14-07, 07:42 PM
It is a 233 according to my calculator. The way you do the run is to multiply the time by 2 and pretend it is a PFT- or that is how my RSS did it anyway.

Even if they used the PFT chart and gave him 100 points for the run, it would only be a few points higher. So, that tells me that they invented their own way of scoring them- and we'll just have to know that he's somewhere between 276 and 286.

bucksgted
10-14-07, 07:56 PM
Please accept my thanks for your collective efforts. I am going to call Chris right now. Maybe he has heard from Sgt. Cobble by now and knows how the numbers were calculated. If not, like has been said, we'll accept that he was first loser ( 2nd place ). It's just a number to me, but I'm confident that it's important to him and others trying to prove their worth at this early stage of the process. I'm confident he has what it takes to earn The Title, he's confident and really wants it, so come June of 2008, we will see!!

Semper Fidelis Brothers, Sisters and Devil Pups!!

Ed