PDA

View Full Version : Tell Him Off!

Cbx9
10-12-07, 11:51 PM
So one of my buddies thinks that because his Dad's girlfriends dad was an Officer in the Corps during Korea, he can get special priveledges if he enlists.
Let him have it in here for me!

Jdncowboy
10-12-07, 11:59 PM
Well just tell him when he enlists, and finally steps foot on those yellow prints, that he should let his DI's know about the speacial privelages he should be getting. They'll take care of it for him.:evilgrin:

SlingerDun
10-13-07, 12:24 AM
_If_ he enlists? he's blowin silly smoke, so ask him to have a conversation with the former Marine Officer dad's, sisters, dad whatever and clear things up.

There was a recruit in my boot camp platoon who had an 06 Marine reservist for a father. He couldn't hide it, the D.I.'s found out directly. This young man was once thrashed in the sand pits harder than anybody i have ever seen to this day, for dis-respecting his squad leader. He came within a hair from cracking. Other than that one episode his treatment was same same as everyone else, best i could tell.

--->Dave

LeonardLawrence
10-13-07, 12:29 AM
We had a MSGTs son in our bootcamp. I remember the DIs telling him that he was getting no special favors as a result....I think that they found out during mail call.

It followed him the entire time and he definitely had extra mental and physical challenges as a result. So, sorry. No special treatment. You live up to the standard, or you don't....simple as that~

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-13-07, 01:06 AM
I went to comm school with a girl whose dad was a Sgt. Major. She never complained- but from what other females told me, she went through hell in boot camp because of dear old dad.

HurricaneRJ
10-13-07, 05:28 AM
My twin's Drill Sergeants were furious when they learned I had joined the Marines and not the Army. So they ****ed with him all through OSUt for that. I remember one of his Drill Sergeants is a Marine and he said something like this.

DS: So Johnson, what is your brother doing again?
Twin: Drill Sergeant, my brother is joining the Marine Drill Sergeant.
DS: Ahh you gotta be ****-ing me Johnson, you going to let him beat you!!!??!??

Funny thing in my life when I saw him get smoked when I wore my USMC t-shirt for Family day.

I know that my brother is going to try some fishy ****, so I'm getting ready.

davblay
10-13-07, 08:46 AM
SPECIAL TREATMENT BECAUSE HIS MOM WAS AN OFFICER IN THE CORPS!, Hum, my brother was a Marine Sgt (E-5) serving in Nam while I was in Boot. When I got a letter from him, my DI knew him, they went thru Boot together, so yeah, I had special treatment from then on, alright! Not what I would have wanted though. He was nice enough, that he didn't tell the other DIs though, Thank God!

Tell him to make sure and tell the DIs about it when he gets there and make sure he has his stress card with him, he'll need it!

KRenee87
10-13-07, 06:07 PM
I should have never read this thread.

SlingerDun
10-13-07, 08:49 PM
I should have never read this thread.Uh Oh, is a family members military status going to cause you grief in boot camp?

--->Dave

Covey_Rider
10-13-07, 09:04 PM
I went to boot camp with John McCain's son and he got NO special privileges whatsoever. I felt sorry for the guy because he had a name for himself already as soon as he got there.

KRenee87
10-14-07, 12:58 AM
Uh Oh, is a family members military status going to cause you grief in boot camp?

--->Dave

Perhaps, Sir.:confused:

My recruiter mentioned this before so at least it won't be a complete surprise.

LeonardLawrence
10-14-07, 01:00 AM
Perhaps, Sir.:confused:

My recruiter mentioned this before so at least it won't be a complete surprise.

BOTH PARENTS????!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!? OMG, duck and cover....lol

Yami Chasi
10-14-07, 02:15 PM
Uh oh, my brother and both my parents were in the Army. I should be in for some fun then, maybe I can say I'm adopted?

JefferyMarine
10-14-07, 09:45 PM
My brother is a Marine and so is my cousin, both of which are saying there going to write to me with this address

RCT. MSGT Franks, Jeffery

I think I am going to die!

Wyoming
10-14-07, 09:52 PM
My brother is a Marine and so is my cousin, both of which are saying there going to write to me with this address

RCT. MSGT Franks, Jeffery

I think I am going to die!

You aren't GOING to die, you're just gonna WISH you were dead.

I'd try to get your brother and cousin to just forget about all of this, cause I'm here to tell you, it ain't gonna be sweet.

We had 2 poor souls in boot, 1 named Sargent and the other named Major. Jeez, I still feel for those 2.

Fubar5812
10-15-07, 11:32 AM
krenne87-BOTH PARENTS?!!! oh my god...

Zulu 36
10-15-07, 01:26 PM
Here's my sob story.

Shortly after my platoon picked up, the Kill Hat and I had a little "session" in the duty hut. He was basically introducing everyone to his right fist and it was simply my turn.

But, I wrote home to my father proudly (I thought) telling him I had gotten my very first DI beating. Dad took my letter as a whining, sniveling complaint. (Note: Dad had been a scout-sniper in the 6th Marines at Saipan and Tinian).

Dad, bless his departed soul, wrote my DIs reporting my "whining" and giving them his permission to beat me all they wanted without fear of a complaint from him. Of course, Dad mentioned his Marine Corps pedigree too. Dad also failed to mention this letter to me.

I was called into the hut and all three DIs were there. Quietly, they handed me my father's letter to read. I knew I had read my death sentence before I was half-done.

They took full advantage of my father's permission, especially the Heavy since I had 'ratted" him out. I didn't feel so good for the rest of the night and, sure enough, I was pulled into the hut for Round Two the next morning.

Soon afterward I was made Scribe so I was very convenient for them to take shots at me when ever the muse was upon them. Whack! "There, tell your Dad about that one." Whack! :evilgrin:

Ahh, it was a good character building experience (or so my shrink tells me).

Accord
10-15-07, 02:02 PM
in the 6th Marines at Saipan and Tinian
Errrr

KRenee87
10-15-07, 08:36 PM
Zulu, I think your story made me feel 100% better. Did you ever talk to your Dad about his letter he sent after you graduated?

At least my parents won't suggest beatings. I better get them something really nice before I leave. Just to be sure.

HurricaneRJ
10-15-07, 08:44 PM
Wish my parents were so supportive. They keep threating to take my 40" LCD 1080P Tv and my PS3, because they say I can't use it when I'm dead. WTF!?!?! I hate hearing that **** everyweek.

I know my dad is going to try something fishy, when I get there.

crazymjb
10-15-07, 10:30 PM
My mom keeps saying shes going to send me cup-cakes and a copy of "The Brave Little Toaster." I think shes kidding... I hope shes kidding!

Mike

SlingerDun
10-15-07, 10:35 PM
Wish my parents were so supportive. They keep threating to take my 40" LCD 1080P Tv and my PS3, because they say I can't use it when I'm dead.

how much you want for that 40' LCD TV, minus shippinghttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

HurricaneRJ
10-15-07, 10:37 PM
I'll have to think about it, I still want it, but If I can't keep it while in the fleet, I'll gladly give it away for $500 easily. (I paid $1,450 for it, in July.)

SlingerDun
10-15-07, 10:48 PM
Really you should sell it. It might be obsolete by the time you get to enjoy it again and you may only get a fraction of what you paid for it.

Covey_Rider
10-16-07, 02:51 AM
I'll buy it...send it to Okinawa...I'll pay for shipping and handling too.

Zulu 36
10-16-07, 05:51 AM
Zulu, I think your story made me feel 100% better. Did you ever talk to your Dad about his letter he sent after you graduated?

At least my parents won't suggest beatings. I better get them something really nice before I leave. Just to be sure.

Actually we had a good laugh about it while I was on boot leave. It was kind of his way of welcoming me to the Corps. No reason to be mad, that was just Dad being Dad. After all, he tried to bribe my recruiter to send me to boot camp immediately instead of putting me into DEP to finish high school. :D

I'm glad I took it with good grace as Dad died less than six-weeks after I returned for ITR (MCT now).

Cbx9
10-17-07, 07:28 PM
When did this get so off topic?