PDA

View Full Version : I got to slaughter a poolee today.

Ol Bob
10-10-07, 06:21 PM
I'm doing the whole recruiter's assistance thing right now and one of my duties is to supervise IST's and PT with poolees. Well today report cards came out and one of the poolees didn't do so hot, so one of the recruiters says to me that the poolee is coming by later and it's my job to punish him. I worked this kid for an hour and he was nearly dead. I just made him do the usual table excersises like diamond pushups, dirty dogs, donkey kicks and maybe a few things I picked up from an occasional run in with a kill hat. The good part for him is now he has somewhat of an idea of what to expect from PT. I'm starting to like this job haha.

thewookie
10-10-07, 06:24 PM
You can do that? With a poolee, out freiken standing! Didn't have to get a note from his principal, parents and priest? Can I still get recruiter assistance?

ForeverMarine
10-10-07, 06:36 PM
HAHA yea....Sgt Wookie .....anyone can get recruiters assistance....Just call your nearest recruiter back home or whever you wanna go....they will ask you what dates you wanna come to them...they will fill it out and sign it, then fax it to your company officer......and if the 1stSgt and Co sign it......your good to go.....thing is, you gotta convince that recruitor and your 1stsgt why you need that time off, and why you think it would be good......

as a Sgt of Marines....tell them you wanna see the ropes of being a recruiter before you renlist for the b-billet....that always works....

SemperFi

Sgt Coy

:flag::tank::flag:

ForeverMarine
10-10-07, 06:42 PM
and ol bob......hahaha.....get your kicks in now with that poolee.....cause you got a long hard road in front of you...specially as a grunt.....its like boot camp....but this is real fleet marine force....life depends on this stuff.....keep your head up, dont ever let your personal feelings get the best of you, always use respect, do good on your MCIs (actually freakin do them devildog, first chance you get) PFT, rifle.....you will be a Corporal in no time.....

and trust me....the Cpl I hated the most when I was a PFC...was the same person I had pin me as a Lcpl, Cpl, and Sgt.....Best Friends.....He was hard on me bc he cared about me....He would of taken a bullet for me, and vice versa.....and thats the Marine Corps....SemperFi!

-Sgt Coy

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-10-07, 06:44 PM
Forever, it is important to note he got out in 1999.

ForeverMarine
10-10-07, 06:48 PM
hahah my bad.....I got a ole Sgt Flash back...."CHESTY PULLER *$*( AHHHH CHESTY PULLER" whoa i needed that.....OOH-RAH!

thewookie
10-10-07, 06:54 PM
I'm still gonna try.:)

Hey good advice, Bob, remember use your authority with discretion and don't abuse it. Listen to what was just said, the guy you wear out today could be the same guy taking a bullet for you tomorrow. Make em hard but train them right and they will follow you wherever you go or tell them to go.

ForeverMarine
10-10-07, 07:08 PM
hey Sgt Vernazzaro....you were at Camp Hansen for a while.....ever go to the e-club and get the taco rice? hahahaha mm good....I was on the 31 (thirty-worst) MEU....but with LAR and AAV on camp schwab...haha...

you ever go to whisper alley lol jk.....was crazy eddie still roaming the streets back in your day? peace!!!......hahaha no F$*( you....haha i heard that guy was the richest person in okinawa...Marines would just feed that guy 20's after drinkin at the bars.....

damn I didnt think Id miss it all that much.....Sometimes it hard for me not to renlist.....I miss all the mornings seeing my Marines up and ready in formation for PT....screaming good morning SGT! .....hahaha then the rest of the days filled with field work, humps, and MRE's and 1,000s of squad rushes lol...I still got all my uniforms pressed and servicable in my closest...

DAMN, This is gettin me motivated....haha

SEMPER FI!

thewookie
10-10-07, 07:28 PM
I had fun there, Taco, Rice and Cheese, w/ ketchup dude that was my diet. We used to get ripped in the e-club and after closing we'd walk around the base looking for unlocked bicycles (I was a PFC the first time, give me a break) we'd steal/borrow a few un-locked bikes and ride up to the front gate, leave the bikes in the bike rack and go off base to Kinville (sinville) and get our grub on. Maybe after we'd hit a few clubs, have some diabsun (that liqueur drink, wow) and then get another T,R&C for later, wave to the gate guards as we came back on base, get the bikes from the bike rack and ride on down to the barracks! Beer machines in the barracks, taco rice and cheese, life was good. Except when the company Gunny used to catch us, but it was still all good!

Funny quick one about the good ole Company Gunny, I was with 1/3 H&S 1st pump, any way, one 96 weekend, in December and for some reason I think the weather was bad, my roommates and I, with a few others got 20 cases of Coors Light (the silver bullet babay) they were on sale at the base px for like 4 bucks or something ridiculous like that, and so we drank them all and while we drank them someone got the bright idea to build a Christmas tree out of the empties. So we got some super glue, and built the base, The perimeter was big man. When we got done, we were all hammered of course. But the Coors light tree was as tall as the ceiling in the barracks, must have been a 9' ceiling. I actually think we had extra cans that we hung w/ 550 cord as ornaments, ha ha ha. OMG, I love it. Any way, we were proud and the whole barracks eventually knew about our creation. And of course the Company Gunny found out, he probably knew first, they have special powers. I miss that place, typhoon parties, whew. I could go on, and on I had so much fun.

Ol Bob
10-10-07, 07:32 PM
I'm still gonna try.:)

Hey good advice, Bob, remember use your authority with discretion and don't abuse it. Listen to what was just said, the guy you wear out today could be the same guy taking a bullet for you tomorrow. Make em hard but train them right and they will follow you wherever you go or tell them to go.

Ya I feel the same way, but I'll never ask any Marine beneath me to do anything I wouldn't be willing to do myself. I wasn't screaming at the kid, I was just "guiding" him through a PT session of sorts, plus I did everything right along side him.

thewookie
10-10-07, 07:41 PM
I got you Bob, I'm all about staying in shape and making my Marines the same way. PT, IST, whatever they call it, it works but you also have to teach or lead while you wear them out. Like you did doing it beside him. Just like your DI's and my DI's did, they did it for a reason, for the most part. And I'm sure you did today for a reason. But later in your career don't fall into the trap a lot of young Marines do when they get some power, whether it be a new LCpl among a group of PFC's or a new boot Corporal. Some of them wear guys out for "power" reasons but then they never understand why they can't get blind loyalty. Today you wore him out and being that you just got back you probably thought about your DI's wearing you out and maybe you mimicked them, how they were to you. That's all good, have some fun, but don't leave that civilian thinking your some punk azz on a power trip. Lead him, and wear his azz out. Understand, I think you do it's simple. Semper Fi, thanks for listening.

ForeverMarine
10-10-07, 08:59 PM
good ole okinawa japan......2 pumps there...31 meu both times....once to iraq and then to korea, thailand, phillipines, singapore, and back to okinawa.....damn i hated ship life.....haha....

But yea ol bob.....you gotta earn respect....its just not given....SemperFi....

and since you a grunt.....try to get BLT 2/4 Go company....no offense to other grunt bns and copamies...but that is defintely one of the best out there....

sparkie
10-10-07, 09:10 PM
http://www.i-mef.usmc.mil/DIV/5MAR/2BN4/_images/24_emblem.jpg
I was there... What Sh1t you talkin?
I was there when it belonged to us,, Not Japan...

ForeverMarine
10-10-07, 10:41 PM
I was not talking sh1t.....i was telling him to try to get to that unit...its one of the best!.....best time I had in the Marine Corps was with 2/4....OOH-RAH!

Covey_Rider
10-11-07, 06:45 AM
Haha I'm in Oki right now on Hansen. Ohhhh T,R&C is the best thing in the world. Kin is a second home. Crazy stuff happens out here that I'll never forget. I'll have to make a post in the open squad bay about it lol.

thewookie
10-11-07, 07:02 AM
I've heard Hansen, and all the Camps are top notch in terms of services and amenities these days. Back in my day Kadena (the AF base) was top notch, and the rest of them were trying to be Kadena. They always said when you went to Oki that you did one of three things, became a PT freak, or a religious zealot, or a drunk. I was the first and the last, but the only religion I found was in the head when I was trying to remove all the liquor from my system!

Funny stuff happens in Oki, I remember, here we go,,,watching from my window inside the barracks as the Recon guys parachuted (if you want to call it that) using their ponchos off the roof from the 4th floor of their barracks during the typhoons, fools. I guess all their fun ended when someone broke their leg, f-in Marines.

I was also there for my first and only tornado, real up close and personal and whew, that's some serious power by mother nature!

Covey, start up a discussion or I'll go on here forever!

ForeverMarine
10-11-07, 09:35 AM
HAHA....okinawa....great memories....hahaha and you right.....either a pt stud or alchie......my first time....every day i was at the gym....i was a motivator.....got my pft to my all time high which was like 288 or something...you know the top 10% or whatever...yea that was me.....2nd go round.....i was a drinker lol everyday....pft fell to about 210...hahaha....

i dont know about hansen....but at schwab we had to strip and wax the decks every week.....boot camp style....god i hated that when i was a pfc...all nighters.....strip, wax, and buff every hour of the night.....thank god my second time i was a Sgt....damn i can still taste the Taco Rice over there....freakin outstanding Marines....freakin good to go.....yall understand that?! lol......

I could go on forever about oki too.....hell thats where our BN sunk two aav's hahaha Titanic 1 and 2!!!!!! lol

thewookie
10-11-07, 10:32 AM
I shot my best rifle qual at camp schwab, 2nd pump (I think it was schwab) on pre-qual but that turned out to be my qual score for the year. 242 or 244, I can't be sure but I tied the range record I know that, and then we had a typhoon or some big storm come in off shore the very next day, qual day, so they canked the range and I got that score. All my time working on ranges, through some pretty rough weather and I only saw that happen one other time and that was at Dam Neck, that place got pretty nasty sometimes. I like that range at schwab, the asphalt helped you get into some pretty tight positions,,, that's schwab right? Talk about a sea story,,,hahaha Sure pal, it was more like a 200 and a pizza box, doh :cry:

Fubar5812
10-11-07, 10:38 AM
talking about how much fun you guys had in the old days in the poolee hall? your making me jealous :P

Ol Bob
10-11-07, 05:00 PM
How's that banana show? haha Can't wait

fs19
10-11-07, 06:45 PM
I wish my recruiters would kick my @ss like that at every pool fucntion.

USMC90
10-11-07, 06:46 PM
How's that banana show? haha Can't wait

The banana lady? I'm not even a Marine and.. ew.
:p

sparkie
10-11-07, 06:52 PM
Banana??? No big deal. Wait till the donkey is brought on stage.

Accord
10-12-07, 02:30 AM
I'm doing the whole recruiter's assistance thing right now and one of my duties is to supervise IST's and PT with poolees. Well today report cards came out and one of the poolees didn't do so hot, so one of the recruiters says to me that the poolee is coming by later and it's my job to punish him. I worked this kid for an hour and he was nearly dead. I just made him do the usual table excersises like diamond pushups, dirty dogs, donkey kicks and maybe a few things I picked up from an occasional run in with a kill hat. The good part for him is now he has somewhat of an idea of what to expect from PT. I'm starting to like this job haha.Um, yesh..... do yourself a favor and never tell that story to anyone once you get to the fleet.

Yami Chasi
10-12-07, 10:57 AM
I wish my recruiters would kick my @ss like that at every pool fucntion.

If you want that, just tell them that PT is too easy, or something like, "Is PT always this easy in the Marine Corps?", what might also work is "Well, that was fun, but I thought you said we'd be doing PT!".

Or what is quite possibly the worst "My mom wants to know if PT is always this easy in the Marine Corps?"

Be creative and I'm sure it'll happen for you.

zx6rdr
10-12-07, 12:01 PM
Hey Covey, Is that irish type bar still open out in kin? I think that you took a left right outside the gate and it was on the corner... Do they still serv spiritus (sp?) out there?? man that stuff burns!!!! is peaberry still open (on the main drag on the right)???? they had the best yakisoba....