PDA

View Full Version : 03xx contract quick question

Bim
10-09-07, 09:22 PM
I am for sure choosing the 03 field as my MOS but I just wanted to clear up a quick question. I am going active duty and I was wondering when you finish boot camp and begin training at SOI do you get your choice of specific occupation in the infantry or does the Corps put you where they need you? Im not positive but is it true that reservists get there pick? My preference would be 0311, so pretty much I just wanted to find an answer to this question. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-09-07, 09:58 PM
Accord put a post in the poolee hall about how they did it when he went through a few months ago. Everyone does common skills together. Then they set up tables and you get in line at the MOS you want. Then they go through the line- there are a specific number of openings, but if you are qualified and there is a slot you get to fill it.

For what it is worth, I've never heard of someone wanting to be an 11 that didn't get it.

Covey_Rider
10-10-07, 08:16 AM
Next time do a little research through the forums. This topic has been brought up before.

LeonardLawrence
10-10-07, 10:13 AM
Bim, <br />
<br />
In my experience at SOI, everyone trained as an 0311. At one point evryone sat down and made out a wish list of your two-three MOSs. Mortars, Machine Guns, Assault (demo), 0311. The way...

Ceya
10-29-07, 01:43 AM
Accord put a post in the poolee hall about how they did it when he went through a few months ago. Everyone does common skills together. Then they set up tables and you get in line at the MOS you want. Then they go through the line- there are a specific number of openings, but if you are qualified and there is a slot you get to fill it.

For what it is worth, I've never heard of someone wanting to be an 11 that didn't get it.

I did not get it. I became a 41 and loved every moment and still did 11 stuff and more.

S/F,
CEYA!
81s

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-29-07, 01:48 AM
Well, you are the first I've heard of. I'm glad you loved it- the thought up humping a baseplate makes me want to cry!

Ceya
10-29-07, 01:51 AM
I humped it all, baseplate, cannon and bipod. and yes Pric 119 on my chest ( Ammo/Radio man for a good while).

Baseplate, aiming stakes, radio had to be ready always.

S/F,
CEYA!
81s

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-29-07, 02:16 AM
Radios don't bother me- that's what I did. But the baseplate just looks like a killer to me. You all always had my respect, and usually my sympathy.

Quinbo
10-29-07, 06:29 PM
The 81's baseplate had to be a royal you know what. That thing was a monster. For the 0331's that have ever had to hump a 50 cal reciever .... hats off to you gentleman. Freakin 50 lb block of steel on your back. Good to go. 41's and 31's get to enjoy the motor T mantra most of the time so it is all good.

zackmerc
10-29-07, 07:07 PM
Wouldn't they give you '41 or '31 if you can hump very well?

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-29-07, 07:25 PM
If you can't hump well you're going to have problems in any infantry MOS. Walking is a part of the game.