PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Leave?

hawks
10-07-07, 12:14 PM
My reserve company got activated and they sent me to SOI and we graduate Nov 6. On my orders it has me going to 29 Palms for ILOC after SOI. We grdaute on a Tuesday and I guess we are supposed to get 72 hours where they can't touch us between SOI and ILOC. Would it be possible for me to request leave for 5 days and check in on Sunday, if so how would I go about doing this. I can't really get ahold of my fire team leader, my squad leader or platoon sergeant, so would I just call my reserve unit directly and talk to the admin and tell her the situation? I'd really like to come home for those few days because my brother will still be recovering from his bone marrow transplant. Also on the orders it says taking leave is recommended during your orders so I don't know what the problem would be.

BR34
10-07-07, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure how it works in the reserves but when I request leave it has to go up the COC starting with my Cpl.

hawks
10-07-07, 02:54 PM
The thing is I can't get ahold of my CPL because they are all at ILOC. I never really even knew my COC, never met them yet really.

rvillac2
10-07-07, 03:02 PM
Call and ask the I&I staff at your Reserve Center. There's always someone on duty there. They are your contact to your COC.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-07-07, 03:04 PM
Call the I&I staff at the reserve center and see what they can do. Usually I think you'd be out of luck, but for a medical situation like that, they may be able to work something out. They may just tell you that you're stuck- needs of the Corps and all that- but it won't hurt to ask.

I don't know how leave works in the reserves. Being a 92 day reservist- you didn't have to take leave after boot camp- so you should have some on the books.

Also, you need to clean out your private message folders.