PDA

View Full Version : My journey begins soon....

kbs95125
10-05-07, 09:37 AM
So I wanted to get this done a little bit before I left because I really don't know how much time I'll have to be on the computer in the next few days.....

I know I haven't always made the best impressions here, and not everyone likes me but I've given the best effort I could to make these forums a great place for Poolees like myself to get the most and best information possible.

I'm not really good with words, so I'll just cut to the chase.

To all the Marine's who put up with us Poolees and still find it in themselves to send us into the fire with the tools to fight it, thank you. I can safely say I'm better prepared for the journey ahead of me. If I wouldn't have come across this website my nerves would be ready to explode right about now. I wish I could thank you all with more then a few words, but hopefully coming back with an Eagle, Globe and Anchor of my own will be enough.

To all the Poolee's who I've gotten to know as time has passed here on the forum, I wanted to thank you for keeping me motivated. Some of you I already consider friends who I can't wait to stand side by side with and call brother. STAY FREAKING MOTIVATED!

To all the new, future Poolee's and Wannabe's...... complete your profile and read and follow the rules! ;) Respect the Marines on this forum (like davblay, sparkie, Echo Four Bravo, the drifter, yellowwing, jneilson, Marine84, Bulkyer, Haffner, Accord, Achped, thewookie, rvillac2), and they will provide you with an unlimited amount of information. Respect your fellow Poolee's, especially those who have been around these forums for awhile. There is a good chance that they can direct you to the answers you look for and help you on your journey. Remember, they are taking the same journey as you. Start building upon the brotherhood of the Marine Corps right here, right now.

If anybody would like me to write them PM me your address and I'll do my best to write you.

I'll be sending PM's out to a few of the Marines and Poolee's here that I'd like to keep in touch with/thank on a more personal level.

Thank you all.

rvillac2
10-05-07, 10:07 AM
Good deal, Kyle.
I hope those earlobes don't cause you too much trouble. Be careful that you don't get them stuck up on the O-course.

Remember that all the times that make you sit cross-legged on the deck is an opportunity to stretch those muscles. You'll want to be able stretch into a nice solid shooting position by the time you hit the range. Same when they tell you to take a knee during a class. We have no doubt that as long as you stay healthy you'll march off with that EGA. The only question is what shooting badge you'll be wearing. ; )

Make us proud.
Semper Fi,

yellowwing
10-05-07, 10:07 AM
Never Quit!

Jdncowboy
10-05-07, 10:22 AM
Go GIT R DONE Kyle! Stay moto. And get back here with the EGA.:flag: Funny thing is you are graduating 3 days before I show up there to start my journey. I'll be sending you some moto along the way.

kbs95125
10-05-07, 10:32 AM
I got my earlobes closed up last week! So they are good to go, just some small scars.

As hard as I am going to try for expert....as long as its not a pizza box I'll be able to tell myself I can requalify.

Jared, I'll make sure SSgt. Martinez or Sgt. Valencia gives you my address when they know it. Hopefully I'll be back in town before you leave, and I'll come visit you at our 5 star Windham Hotel.

I wish I wasn't at work, its a nice chill outside and the sun is still hiding a bit... I want to go PT cuz I'm freakin extra motivated today.

Jdncowboy
10-05-07, 10:39 AM
[quote=kbs95125]I'll come visit you at our 5 star Windham Hotel.[quote]

Yeah that 5 star hotel, phew! Lol. The MEPS liason there is the funniest character

kbs95125
10-05-07, 10:45 AM
Ha yeah he is. I love how he was in the Army but he hates the Army so much. Best thing I heard from him ever (he was talking to two guys checking in)- "You, you're smart, why are you joining the Army? Join the Marines. You're friend, he's an idiot. He'll do good in the Army."

jinelson
10-05-07, 10:53 AM
Kyle its time for you to take the next step in the challenge of your life. Although nothing can fully prepare you for what you are about to experience I believe that you will have a leg up on the competition. This is the title shot you can not turn back, you can not quit and giving your all in most cases will not be good enough. Good luck on your journey to the brotherhood. Come see me when you return victorious and a Marine and I will square away your profile.

Jim

Fubar5812
10-05-07, 07:53 PM
good luck man! you have been very helpful to me and the other poolees and i am confident that the next time we see you on here will be with the word "Marine" next to your name,good luck and godspeed!!

Justin493
10-05-07, 07:57 PM
13 weeks of hell for that glorious title. Get some Kyle.

HurricaneRJ
10-05-07, 08:05 PM
I'll see yah back in 2008 sometime. My shipdate clock has just started tickin!

"Failure is not an option."

sparkie
10-05-07, 08:21 PM
Kyle,,, Meybe you don't Know how I Think about you,,, You are the first 'Poolie I think about, And I pray about you. " Come home carrying your shield, Or being carried upon it" Semper Fi,,, Little Bro.

Integrity57
10-05-07, 08:43 PM
Best of luck to you Kyle, I know you got it in you. And you damn well better qual Expert and show Woody up lol. I guess we'll both be having Boot Camp Christmas' this year, I hope yours is a good one. See you on the other side man, stay moto.

LeonardLawrence
10-05-07, 09:00 PM
Kyle,

Keep charging, keep your head up and don't let the bastards get you down...you'll do fine, young man.

davblay
10-05-07, 09:31 PM
Respect the Marines on this forum (like davblay, sparkie, Echo Four Bravo, the drifter, yellowwing, jneilson, Marine84, Bulkyer, Haffner, Accord, Achped, thewookie, rvillac2), and they will provide you with an unlimited amount of information.

Well after a going away speech like that I don't know what to say! I can't see myself, with the other Marines he listed, as being that helpful. I only try to make Poolees understand the Corps a little better in some small way.

Good Luck Kyle, God Speed during your journey into the Brotherhood. We, your brothers and sisters, will be waiting when you return! Don't concern yourself with what you will fire at the range! Just listen to the PMI and do as he tells you----you will do fine!

Semper Fi, my little Pup!

Marine84
10-05-07, 09:39 PM
I sent you my address..................good luck - the next step you take will be a B I G one.............................hold on!

Dave Coup
10-05-07, 09:48 PM
Best of luck young man

JChebahtah
10-06-07, 12:27 AM
Good luck Kyle! Kick some a**!

jungholee90
10-06-07, 02:10 AM
You got it Kyle! Stay motivated and never quit! Good luck to you. Come back here in 3 months as a Marine!