PDA

View Full Version : New Rumor

HurricaneRJ
10-04-07, 10:40 PM
My recruiter informed me that the Marines, will train all of it's Armor personnel at Ft. Benning.

He said he doesn't know when this will happen, but I haven't heard this from no one else, nor have i read it.

Have any of you Marines heard similar?

rvillac2
10-04-07, 10:47 PM
That doesn't sound likely. That's a big move from Fort Knox.

HurricaneRJ
10-04-07, 10:52 PM
I was finding it hard to believe, but the Army Sgt. was saying the same exact thing. I found this out while my recruiter and him were Busting each others balls at PT this evening.

davblay
10-04-07, 10:55 PM
Lets see Raymon----Fort Knox=Armor-----Fort Benning=Infantry-----DUH!
But who knows? I just wouldn't think it would be cost effective!

That's my 2 cents! :marine:

Matt88
10-04-07, 10:55 PM
I head this same thing. I was told it's because they want to train the Infantry with the armor so they have both Army armor and infantry in the same area.

HurricaneRJ
10-04-07, 10:58 PM
Well one the Cpl. is that the Army is re-arranging itself.

Ft. Campbell is packing up and heading down here, and the Army is heading Armor here as well. So I think it would make sense, and it's possible. Ft. Benning is adding all other types of Combat Elements. Instead of training sperate Infantry, Air Assualt, and Tankers. the Sgt said the Army wants to train all of its ground combat soldiers at Benning.

davblay
10-04-07, 11:22 PM
OK-----I am going to say this one more time! "IF IT AIN'T IN WRITING---IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN"! The military Rumor mill is as strong as ever. Not saying that you didn't hear the truth! But it is not official until it is in writing!

Based on what you say---it does make sense. But the rumor could have come from an announcement that the pentagon is considering such action. You have to understand how rumors work, my younger friends. ;)

NUFF SAID, carry on!

Fubar5812
10-05-07, 07:48 AM
I wouldn't believe until the Commadant says something.

I got a buddy who graduated in august and he told quote "Boot camp is now 11 weeks,they got rid of team week and recieving is only 2 days now" and that "my platoon was the last to go through the 13 weeks of training"

i told him "o really? that's funny because my brother insisted that HIS platoon was the last to go through 13 weeks,and that was in 2001!"

jinelson
10-05-07, 08:03 AM
This is a better one. MCRD San Diego and Parris Island are closing and all basic Marines will be trained at Fort Leonardwood KS. This scuttlebutt has been around much longer than even I have. Do not believe it until you see it in writing. You will know exactly where you are going when they issue your orders (in writing) after SOI/MCT. Oh and by the way the Corps is doing away with the MARPAT's for this new cammo pattern sure to bring insurgents to their knees;

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x157/usmc3537/350159.jpg

Jim