PDA

View Full Version : Contract

raiderfanatic21
10-04-07, 09:07 PM
Do any of you Marines know how long an Military Police contract is?

yesyouam
10-04-07, 09:23 PM
The last I knew, all contracts are 8 years, with at least 4 of those being active. I did know a guy who had only 3 years of active service on his contract-- not sure how he managed that. As for a minimum active service for a guaranteed MP, I'm not sure. I had to sign up for 5 to get 0231. I know it doesn't answer your question, but hopefully that info will help a little.

rvillac2
10-04-07, 10:43 PM
You need a profile, Poolie. Get it done and read the rules of the site.

davblay
10-04-07, 11:28 PM
The last I knew, all contracts are 8 years, with at least 4 of those being active. I did know a guy who had only 3 years of active service on his contract-- not sure how he managed that. As for a minimum active service for a guaranteed MP, I'm not sure. I had to sign up for 5 to get 0231. I know it doesn't answer your question, but hopefully that info will help a little.

Until you finish your profile this will probably be the last answer to your question!

As my learned brother stated the usual contract is the 4X4 option! That's 4 years active and 4 years IRR, with the understanding that you can be involuntarily recalled to active duty during that 4 years of IRR service!

In general, 4 years will get you any MOS in the Military (with exceptions), or at least that's the way it used to be.