PDA

View Full Version : Ooo-Rah!

davblay
10-04-07, 09:03 PM
I felt like this was the best place to post this!
-------------------------------------------

When a Marine comes home, he finds it hard....

...to listen to his son whine about being bored.

...to keep a straight face when people complain about potholes.

...to be tolerant of people who complain about the hassle of getting ready for work.

...to be understanding when a co-worker complains about a bad night's sleep.

...to be silent when people pray to God for a new car.

...to control his panic when his wife tells him he needs to drive slower.

…to be compassionate when a businessman expresses a fear of flying.

...to be grateful that he fights for the freedom of speech.

...to keep from laughing when anxious parents say they're afraid to send their kids off to summer camp.

...to keep from ridiculing someone who complains about hot weather.

...to control his frustration when a colleague gripes about his coffee being cold.

...to remain calm when his daughter complains about having to walk the dog.

...to be civil to people who complain about their jobs.

...to just walk away when someone says they only get two weeks of vacation a year.

...to be happy for a friend's new hot tub.

...to be forgiving when someone says how hard it is to have a new baby in the house.

...not to punch a wall when someone says we should pull out immediately

The only thing harder than being a Marine...

Is loving one.
---------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! :marine:

Semper Fi!

HurricaneRJ
10-04-07, 09:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Poolee Deavila post this on her Myspace Bulletin?

This is a nice reaed anyway.

davblay
10-04-07, 09:15 PM

This is a nice reaed anyway. I really don't know, It was on myspace, but from a fellow Marine on my site! I have no idea where he got it though! But I liked it and thought I'd share it with you, the other members of this site!

Semper Fi

Wyoming
10-04-07, 09:20 PM

Hurricane - so if this Deavila posted it already, the question is, what the hell is a Myspace Bulletin?

Dave made a good post.

2 pieces of advice -
check your spelling before sending
and
if you get far enough, make sure you ask your DI what his middle name is. They love personal business.

jeez ...

Papadubya
03-11-08, 11:18 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I can't wait to be able to have the honor of the title United States Marine.

PatriotGirl422
03-12-08, 08:55 AM
I can understand this because I have about 127 instances a day where I want to punch someone for saying **** like "I NEED a coffee right now" or "God, I'm SOOO tired!" or hearing two girls talk and say "Yeah I didn't get to see my boyfriend for a whole week" "Aww that sucks." I know, when you're a nasty civilian everythings about immediate gratification, but it still makes me sick.

SGT7477
03-12-08, 09:10 AM
Settle down girl them are just the little things in life,Semper FI.

davblay
03-12-08, 09:15 AM
Settle down girl them are just the little things in life,Semper FI.

It's a Woman Marine thing SGT, she just spent the weekend with her Marine Boyfriend a couple of weeks ago! LMAO! Oooops did I say that? ;)

DEAVILA
03-12-08, 11:36 AM

I did post this on a Myspace Bulletin a loonngg time ago Raymon..I got it from one of my Buddies who's in IRAQ...I wanted to share it with my friends..and other people..so that they could learn a little something of what its like for our men and women who come back home...and maybe..justtttt Maybe..they could stop their Whining about certain things..

But DAVE DAVE..thank you For Posting it here..It was nice reading it again...

SGT7477
03-12-08, 11:47 AM
It's a Woman Marine thing SGT, she just spent the weekend with her Marine Boyfriend a couple of weeks ago! LMAO! Oooops did I say that? ;)
Ok davblay, that is her excuse but is it good enough,lmfao?:flag:

krider91
03-12-08, 11:59 AM
I can't wait to be able to have the honor of the title United States Marine... The Thing i am waiting for is the enlistment... Its in May I can wait until then

SGT7477
03-12-08, 02:08 PM
I can't wait to be able to have the honor of the title United States Marine... The Thing i am waiting for is the enlistment... Its in May I can wait until then
We'll see if you got what it takes you know they should have a pre-boot camp to be run by us either the DI's would love us or hate us,lmfao.:evilgrin: :flag:

krider91
03-12-08, 05:03 PM
o i know all about that because that is what i was going to do so i just hope that i wount die because i was talking to a marine at school and he said it is going to be a very very very very hard time so is it really that hard to become a marine !!!!!!

SGT7477
03-12-08, 09:14 PM
o i know all about that because that is what i was going to do so i just hope that i wount die because i was talking to a marine at school and he said it is going to be a very very very very hard time so is it really that hard to become a marine !!!!!!
Tell you what only the strong survive do you think it hurts the DI's feelings if your ass gets dropped,HELL NO?:evilgrin: :flag: :evilgrin:

davblay
03-12-08, 09:26 PM
o i know all about that because, that is what i was going to do, so i just hope that i wount die because i was talking to a marine at school and he said it is going to be a very, very, very, very hard time so, is it really that hard to become a marine ?!!!!!!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

Read the thread from this link! My GOD KID! Is this myspace or your text phone? You are in High School, I presume, and you can't write any better than this? No Caps, no punctuation, poor spelling! Then that question at the end! :confused:

Sigh................I can't say anything else! I am without words! Marines, please note that this as a first for me! :scared:

MY GOD....... please tell me it ain't so!

Rains
11-05-08, 03:55 PM
Awsome post Cpl.!
I cant wait to be a Marine. :)
Being a nasty civilian sucks.

(just realized this is an OLD thread, but what the hell I'll respond anyways)