PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice concerning OCC application.

jhc2
10-02-07, 03:46 PM
Good Afternoon,

I am a 26 year old college senior, and I will be graduating with my bachelor's degree in December of 2007. My question is this: What would be the most effective route for me to pursue an appiontment to OCC in the USMC? I have some weight to lose so I intend on spending the next 6-12 months preparing myself for the PFT and the grueling physical challenges associated with OCC/TBS. If I dedicate these 6-12 months to honing my physical prowess will I place myself at a disadvantage? I will be 27 years old upon application to OCC. I have perfect eyesight and no criminal or drug use history and no diagnosed health conditions.
I grew up as a military dependent and have the highest regard and respect for all of you Marines and your mission. Because of this I want to be sure I present my absolute best in attempt to join your brotherhood, and I appreciate any feedback any members could give me in regards to the solidity of my plan. Thank you!

rvillac2
10-02-07, 04:56 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming degree.

Our best advice to you is to contact an OSO (Officer Selection Officer) right now. That Marine will be able to give you the best advice regarding physical preparation (he can see you). There is no disadvantage in preparing/improving yourself physically. You will need to be in your best physical condition to meet our demands.

If there is not an OSO on your campus, you can contact a local recruiter to get their OSO's contact info. There should be at least one Marine OSO per MEPS.

jhc2
10-05-07, 02:26 PM
Thank you very much for your advice, Sergeant! Would you happen to know the age cut-off for USMC aviation guarantees? I know they are highly competitive, but I would like to know if I even meet the guidelines to apply in the first place. Thanks again!

JC

rvillac2
10-05-07, 04:25 PM
I think you're under the age limit for aviation, but you better contact OSO now.

0341FwdObs
10-08-07, 11:42 PM
Get in OCS this summer and take the 10 week option (if you are in shape). You can go as a senior, or go to OCC after you graduate. If you are not in good shape yet wait and get into shape and go after you graduate. A good PFT is a high first class 280 or above (for OCS). This is hard but it is possible. Running and cutting your weight will help on pull ups. When you run go past the 3 mile mark every time. Work on sprints, and sit ups. I like to strap weight on when I do pull ups to make pulling my own bodyweight easy. Flight is 28 I think. If you will be there this summer I will see you at OCS.

0341FwdObs
10-08-07, 11:43 PM
Also

0341FwdObs
10-08-07, 11:45 PM
Also your placement (for your MOS) it based upon your preformance in OCS and TBS, so be in good shape, so that is not an added stress, and you can focus on the mission at hand. Best of luck!