thedrifter
09-28-07, 08:11 AM
SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE <br />
<br />
By Vicki Crawford <br />
Bonita Daily News <br />
SEPTEMBER 27, 2007 (Posted at: 11:11 a.m.) <br />
<br />
Liam Dillon did an excellent job on writing about Cpl. Bobby Joseph (&quot;The war at home&quot;,...

jahhead88
09-28-07, 09:19 AM
My word. Talk about anal retentive.

jinelson
09-28-07, 09:34 AM
I was a 3537 Truckmaster/OpsChief in motor pools in Nam and stateside and this would not have happened in my Marine Corps. The writer seems to know the same game that I do. Freaking Petty!

Jim

jahhead88
09-28-07, 10:26 AM
I got one to add to this. A buddy of mine who I served with in Iwakuni told me about how he was in Italy 18 months into an accompanied tour. About that time his wife developed complications with her pregnancy and had to be sent back to the states because they didn't have the equipment to properly treat her high risk situation.

He went to his batallion commander and asked if he could get credit for time served and be sent back to the states under family hardship reasons. Now, my friend had always gotten proficiency and conduct marks between 4.7 and 5.0, and at one time for a 4 month period had 5.0 pro and con marks. His fitness reports were outstanding straight across the board after he made Sergeant.

Long story short, he's allowed to go home and given an adverse fitness report after being chewed out for his lack of loyalty and commitment, and was threatened with a reduction in rank. He get's transferred to Camp Pendleton with his rep following him. However, the flip side of it was he was selected for Staff Sergeant at his 7 year of service mark. They couldn't understand why he wasn't going to re-enlist.

Now a Sergeant gets busted to Corporal for taking initiative. Go figure.