PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp Dates

TobyMAG
09-27-07, 09:52 PM
Sometime in the next couple weeks I will be heading off to Milwaukee to get signed up for the DEP and picking out my MOS (thinking about 1371 or 1812). My recruiter informed me that DEP lasts for one full year. So my question is when I will be heading off to boot camp assuming I get done with DEP this date next year. Does recruit training go for 13 weeks, once a year; or is there multiple training 'sessions' per year (so once i finish up my time in DEP i will head off to the next training 'session' coming up)?

I'm sorry because I could have asked my recruiter but you all seem very (if not more) helpful. Thanks alot.
-Tim

HurricaneRJ
09-27-07, 10:10 PM
1. DEP does last a year, and now a little bit longer. That does not necissairly mean you have to be in there for a full year to ship out to Boot Camp.

2. You head off to Boot Camp once your recruiters puts in your job request. There is so many slots a RSS can ship out a month depending on how much a RS wants them to.

3. Boot Camp is 13 weeks, and once you complete Boot Camp thats it, there is no going back.

4. There is no training sessions, but there are Poolee Functions.
A Pool Function is where Recruiters, take all Poolees (DEP) and do various activities, and give insight about the Marine Corps.

I tried my best and I hope it helps.

Got anymore, just shoot.

AMW
09-27-07, 10:11 PM
Milwaukee? Where are you located in that great Wisconsin state? Ha I'm over in Racine myself, hellhole that it is

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-28-07, 01:38 AM
By training session- I am guessing you are talking about boot camp. You will be in a company of recruits when you go to boot camp. There are new companies formed just about every week. Probably 40 times a year or more.

jungholee90
09-28-07, 03:54 AM
I'm not sure but I think you might be getting the idea of Delayed Entry Program wrong. DEP is basically from the time you sign up to join the Marines until you ship out to Recruit Training (between your 1st and 2nd Oath of Enlistment.) It's not a program you must complete before Recruit Training or anything. The time is not specifically set to one year, and your ship date can vary from as short as within that month, to a year -- so your DEP time also varies. While in DEP you are preparing for Recruit Training. You get together with your pool weekly (until you ship out) to do PT, IST, and also Pool Functions. This is not mandatory, but it is highly motivating and fun, and it's to benefit you and to get you more physically ready for the Recruit Training. I think it's rare to get one full year or longer DEP time unless you are a High School Senior. There are tons of ship dates in a year, so you'll just have to see what date you get.

Recruit Training is 13 weeks. They have multiple "sessions" within a year, and that's why there are so many ship dates. You get 13 weeks of training from the ship date you get. (If there was only one session of Recruit Training in a year, you would need a ENORMOUS facility for that lol)

PatriotGirl422
09-28-07, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure but I think you might be getting the idea of Delayed Entry Program wrong. DEP is basically from the time you sign up to join the Marines until you ship out to Recruit Training (between your 1st and 2nd Oath of Enlistment.) It's not a program you must complete before Recruit Training or anything. The time is not specifically set to one year, and your ship date can vary from as short as within that month, to a year -- so your DEP time also varies. While in DEP you are preparing for Recruit Training. You get together with your pool weekly (until you ship out) to do PT, IST, and also Pool Functions. This is not mandatory, but it is highly motivating and fun, and it's to benefit you and to get you more physically ready for the Recruit Training. I think it's rare to get one full year or longer DEP time unless you are a High School Senior. There are tons of ship dates in a year, so you'll just have to see what date you get.

Recruit Training is 13 weeks. They have multiple "sessions" within a year, and that's why there are so many ship dates. You get 13 weeks of training from the ship date you get. (If there was only one session of Recruit Training in a year, you would need a ENORMOUS facility for that lol)

That sums it up pretty well. I think that just about every week is a ship week for male recruits. I've seen people who enlist and are part of the DEP for as little as 3 days or a week and then ship out to boot camp. It all depends on when you want to leave (if you have a semester at school to finish up or if you have family obligations or whatever).

TobyMAG
09-29-07, 06:31 PM
Thanks.