PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thanks from your Canadian Cousins

nursejen
03-30-03, 01:26 PM
I just wanted to forward a message of support and thanks to the US Marines over in Iraq. Unfortunately Canada's leaders have declined to support our US cousins in this conflict - as a Canadian citizen I would like you all to know that we support you and pray for you everyday. *Big Canadian Hugs To All Of You*

http://members.rogers.com/ritzas30/homepage/index.htm

MillRatUSMC
03-30-03, 05:13 PM
Nursejen thanks for those Canadian hugs.
Everyday, when I'm in my den/computer room.
On one wall that has a cork panel, there three ecthings from the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, D.C.
The frist one is my recon platoon commander in Hawaii, 1st Lt. Frank Stanley Reasoner USMC.
The second one is L/Cpl Randall Kenneth Campell USMC a citizen of the Canada.
The third one is PFC Carl R. Wenzel USMC from New York.
Randall and Carl died the same night.
Randall and many of your fellow citizens came down to serve because Canada considered at the time North Vietnam to be a "friendly nation".
Many of your fellow citizen that came down to serve can't apply for aid from Canada because at that point in time it was against the law to serve in the arm forces of the US of A.
Might history be repeated?
We won't go into whether it right or wrong for Canada not fight in Iraq.
Each man and woman must decide in their own mind.
Why this war must be fought, everyday more evil by the Iraqi's is shown on the news.
The execution of our POW's for one.
An Iraqi minister said there has be a witness to those war crimes before it proven.
They might live to regret those war crimes.
Again thanks and may God bless and keep you safe.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

SHOOTER1
03-30-03, 06:33 PM
Welcome Nursejen, and thanks, we understand about poitics, and I ve talked to a lot of Canuks down here, and know how the regular citizen feels, you cant be responsiable for the talking heads,anymore than we can shut up the Hollywood knowitalls, so thanks for the yell, jump in and shoot the breeze whenever,no tea and crumpetts, but pull up a beer,and join in.

nursejen
03-31-03, 08:22 AM
I am so glad to hear from you and I appreciate your replies. Even though it is just one person I speak for many as you said Shooter the talking heads don't speak for everyone. I look forward to making many new friends here.

Millrat - I would be one of those Canucks coming down south to serve if circumstances were different. I was heartsick for the POW's and the fact that the red cross isn't being allowed in. I was gratified yesterday morning to see on the front page of one of our newspapers a young lady in full dress uniform and the headline was that she is serving with the US troops in Iraq. Nice to know there are some as your collegue willing to sacrifice for what is right.

I look forward to chatting with you again soon. Take care and God bless.

Jen

SHOOTER1
03-31-03, 08:41 PM
Thats Ok nursejen, your hearts in the right place, and I know your words help lighten the load of our men and women going in harms way, keep em coming Northern Sister, they will help.:marine:

nursejen
04-01-03, 06:47 AM
Thanks shooter :) Are you in service now? Are you to be going over? I can't chat long today - major life decision in the owrks right now *groan* God bless and prayers to you and yours.

Jen

SHOOTER1
04-01-03, 08:43 PM
nursejen , no , I was in the last one, Viet Nam,but when one Marine is going in harms way, Its felt by all Marines, did got to the recruiter about 3 mo. ago to see if it would be possiable to go back in, no luck, they will take up to age 60 ,If you had been released within the last 5 years, I got out of the Marines, in 1966, joined the Army Special Forces, in 1970, and got out in 73, a little more than the 5 years , told them no worries, Im still in almost as good shape, and could still prefom in all my MOS, Combat Elec., M.P.s , Demolition, and Heavy Weapons Sgt, but they seem to have all of those they need,so now can just sit here and join in second hand, keep well, and keep posting, Its still pleasant to hear from our sisters up North. Semper Fi.:marine:

firstsgtmike
04-02-03, 01:05 AM
Shooter,

For you, me, and our generation of Marines. I doubt if any of us could pass the MOS test required for promotion to L/Cpl.

Sad, but true.

nursejen
04-03-03, 10:27 AM
Shooter, THe way I look at it , you have done your time :) But I hear ya...I would love to come and help - but my health won't allow for it...I would end up in a funny farm guarnteed - thank God there are those young ones able to do it and keep all of us back here from harms way. :)

Nursejen *sister up north*

SHOOTER1
04-03-03, 08:49 PM
firstsgtmike, your right,but I can still hit the bullseye at 500 yds ,I wouldnt mind going as grunt,not like I havent done it before, wouldnt need rank, just put me in.And sister up north, I guess we both just have to sit on the sidelines, and do the cheering,so keep the faith,and keep checking in here.