PDA

View Full Version : WHAT a WAKEUP call!

DaveXIII90
09-24-07, 07:26 AM
Now, I am posting this in the poolee hall so you guys can reply to this as well.
Anyways... Now, I knew already that the F-18 Super Hornet is one hell of a jet- I've been to many airshows to see this baby demo it's combat and ground attack line-up and approach maneuvers....I was in awe. But nothing could have prepared me for this video I jsut saw. After watching this video a second time, I couldn't help to realize what these Marine's were so excited about- the Marine that put this laser guided bomb down just happened to release it at the exact time necessary to have it actually land RIGHT inside the balcony of the room being targeted. Now THAT is accuracy- and I'm not suprised it was done by a Marine- just another great example of how precise our greatest branch is. Here she is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hB3J0WnimME

Marine84
09-24-07, 07:39 AM
Ordnance............:cry: it's a beautiful thing! I loved me some F18s too Dave - AWESOME piece of machinery!

yellowwing
09-24-07, 08:26 AM
Boooyah!

rvillac2
09-24-07, 10:08 AM
Ooohrah. Get some.
I especially love the audio.
Semper Fi, killers.

1stRad2671
09-24-07, 10:23 AM
Laser-guided bomb accuracy has nothing to do with timing. They're laser-guided. They go exactly where the laser it aimed, whether it's from the pod attached to the plane or a guy on the ground with a laser designator.

yellowwing
09-24-07, 02:31 PM
Its still pretty incredible. Could have used it at Betio or Koto Ri.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-24-07, 03:55 PM
I don't know how you can tell they were Marines- but one way or the other it was pretty amazing.

Corndog
09-24-07, 07:47 PM
Well that is what I call Motivation with a capital "M"!!!

HurricaneRJ
09-24-07, 07:56 PM
I don't know how you can tell they were Marines- but one way or the other it was pretty amazing.

Actually they are Marines. There is another video that was posted before that. I thnk the unit was 3rdLAR.

jungholee90
09-24-07, 10:58 PM
Wow that was amazing! LOL I love the freaking laugh right after the blast, hahaha.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-24-07, 11:47 PM
I knew you knew somehow that they were Marines- I just didn't see how you could from that video. I watched it too many times trying to figure it out.

HurricaneRJ
09-25-07, 02:20 AM
I think it's illegal for an Army Soldier to react that wildly. My brother said that is strictly enforced in the Army. Something to go against moral values and they were taught to be proper Soldiers.

LeonardLawrence
09-25-07, 02:14 PM
I think a moment of silence is in order........

So we can be in awe of that destructive weapon! Highly motivating is it not?

:beer: