PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Enlistment Tattoos

JChebahtah
09-18-07, 01:56 PM
I was curious if anyone had tattoos before enlisting and what kinda of grief they got during bootcamp. I know it might be a little different now, being that tattooing is much more popular with younger generations (30% of 18-24 year olds have one or something like that) and that I'm a girl. Here's a pic of mine, clearly it's not small enough to get brushed off at bootcamp! And I'm sure I'll get the "We don't promise you a rose garden" thing but anyway... Anybody have stories or predictions?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/divinesecrecy/S6300216.jpg

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-18-07, 02:23 PM
The Marine Corps has passed some pretty strict rules about tattoos. With these rules, there will be fewer problems. That aside, unless the tattoo you show up with is Marine Corps related, it won't be any worse than any other thing they'll find to use against you. Boot camp is what it is- you're going to get picked on- you're going to spend time on the quarterdeck. It is impossible to avoid.

rvillac2
09-18-07, 03:45 PM
Very nice color.
Since it won't be showing while wearing your uniform, I wouldn't expect too much grief over it. Everyone will get picked on during boot, whether it's your nose, or your last name, or your height.

Cricket
09-18-07, 05:33 PM
From my experience, the DI's will tease you about it during hygeine inspection (where you line up in your underwear every night to be checked over for injuries and explain any bruises or unusual marks).

I had a small tattoo on my shoulder and the DI's asked me when, where and why I got it. There were other women who had larger tattoos and the DI's asked them a lot more questions. I don't think they really cared that we Recruits had tattoos, they just used any reason they could find to mess with us.

jetdoc
09-18-07, 07:52 PM
The location of yours one would think that it would create no issues, btw, nice work, and I love the location. I have a few myself....lol.

Eddie Z
09-18-07, 08:41 PM
I agree with everyone. They will know about your tattoo already if they bother to look in your records. (you will have pictures taken of it.)

JChebahtah
09-19-07, 12:37 AM
Hahaha thanks for the compliments! And the help too! :D