PDA

View Full Version : Mypay

Moderboater
09-15-07, 04:22 PM
This forum might only be for poolies but....I decided I didn't like PMCU, so I switched to USAA, and I was wondering how I would going about changing my direct deposit to my USAA act and canceling the PCMU one. I know you can do it through mypay, however I just graduated bootcamp last friday, and I do not have the pin number to access the act.

Any advice appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

Moderboater

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-15-07, 05:07 PM
You're probably going to have to wait to get to your unit. The mypay thing didn't exist a few years ago- so I am clueless about it. In fact, you'd probably be best served to wait until you finished MCT/SOI and waited until you got to your unit or MOS school. Then talk to the people in the admin section and they can help you out- probably get you the mypay PIN as well.

LeonardLawrence
09-16-07, 12:14 AM
Hmmmm....

Sounds complicated. I would forget the whole thing and keep getting your socks filled with loose change every two weeks......just my humble opinion:confused:

davblay
09-16-07, 12:22 AM
Leonard Lawrence (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=37900) , Lawrence, Lawrence what--of Arabia? That name sounds like royalty! LMAO! :beer:

Sgt Leprechaun
09-16-07, 12:55 AM
They will mail you the access number to mypay (your pin) and it takes about 2 weeks to get to your last listed address (usually at this point your home of record).

My guess is, you'll have to wait til you get to your next command (SOI I'd assume) and let S-1 know so you can get your records straight. Hopefully, you didn't totally close out your other account, cause if you did the money will get bounced back to DFAS, which will screw up your pay, royally, for awhile.

sparkie
09-16-07, 05:41 AM
Tell them you want cash, don't trust 'puters. Keep it under your matress.;>

thewookie
09-16-07, 08:04 AM
Man I remember back in Okinawa, and especially the Philippines, we would write checks, or "float" checks for literally weeks until they got to the states and cleared. I didn't do it all the time, but I did many times when I was out of cash and had to buy beer to preflight before a tsunami or a 96 weekend. Some guys got a little carried away and got caught, and got pg 11's, I don't think they NJP'd them? But I was lucky or just smart in how I did it. I'd write the check on the 5th at the base PX or something, knowing it wouldn't get back and then clear in the states until after the 15th. I was always broke, between bar fines and great memories,,, but there's no more of that,,,,

Haffner
09-16-07, 12:31 PM
In the schoolhouse environment, if you float a check more than once, you very well might get NJPed, if not, at LEAST a negative page 11 entry, but, hell, that's the school house for ya.

MyPay pins do NOT ship to your address in 2 weeks anymore, haha. More like 6 months. Your best bet is to wait until MOS school to bother trying to get a pin; I don't beleive we were able to go to the admin at MCT unless it was terribly urgent. If you're going to ITB, though, that'd be different.

Also, believe it or not, you were issued a MyPay pin at bootcamp. You probably just lost the paper. I know you're probably thinking, "I know there's no way in HELL i threw away anything related to that ****; our DI's wouldn't let us!" But only like 3% of new Marines actually somehow come out with that piece of paper. The last class I was in at the Stumps had Marines that had been outta boot for about 3 months, only me, a Sgt, and one of them had a MyPay pin. I asked him and he said he had his at bootcamp, so that verified it for me lol.

BR34
09-16-07, 09:10 PM
I threw away my pin in bootcamp. Got to MOS school and got another...takes about 4 weeks. Or you could go to a Marine Federal Credit Union and get it in about 10 minutes.

DIBLO7
09-21-07, 03:08 PM
Your best best is to wait until you get to your first duty station to even mess with your pin, because if you order one now you probably wont see it until you get there anyways, and it will take forever as the mail is going to be playing catch up with you.

What you might be able to do though is that certain admin sections are beginning to get mypay taso privledges, which allow them to reset the pins right then and there. When you get to SOI/MCT, if you go to the PAC, (big admin center) you should be able to find someone there that can do it for you.

Once you get it reset and log onto mypay update your direct deposit information with the bank routing number, and account number. DO NOT CLOSE YOUR OLD ACCOUNT until you see money going into your new account. Depending on the U/E schedule it could take a month or two for your money to start hitting your new account.

Hope that helps.

MarineNCO
09-23-07, 11:13 AM
Your best best is to wait until you get to your first duty station to even mess with your pin, because if you order one now you probably wont see it until you get there anyways, and it will take forever as the mail is going to be playing catch up with you.

What you might be able to do though is that certain admin sections are beginning to get mypay taso privledges, which allow them to reset the pins right then and there. When you get to SOI/MCT, if you go to the PAC, (big admin center) you should be able to find someone there that can do it for you.

Once you get it reset and log onto mypay update your direct deposit information with the bank routing number, and account number. DO NOT CLOSE YOUR OLD ACCOUNT until you see money going into your new account. Depending on the U/E schedule it could take a month or two for your money to start hitting your new account.

Hope that helps.

My advice as well.