PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question

Cope
09-11-07, 09:51 PM
Hey! Just signed up, I have lots of questions that i've been asking family and my recruiter, but I'd like to throw this one out on here to see if anyone can help.

I MAY have asthma. I know that that is pretty much an immediate disqualification for boot.

Here's the situation.

I live in a very high allergy area, and during the hay fever season I get mild nasal and eye irritations. I dont take meds for it or anything, unless i need a benadryl. I also get respratory problems and sometimes use an albuterol inhaler, mainly for comfort when going to sleep. It is not trigger by physical exhertion or anything else but hay fever.

Is it even worth trying to join with this problem? I am highly considering joining, but I would hate to join and find out in boot that I cant make it because of this dumb problem.

grizzly
09-11-07, 11:38 PM
Hey! Just signed up, I have lots of questions that i've been asking family and my recruiter, but I'd like to throw this one out on here to see if anyone can help.

I MAY have asthma. I know that that is pretty much an immediate disqualification for boot.

Here's the situation.

I live in a very high allergy area, and during the hay fever season I get mild nasal and eye irritations. I dont take meds for it or anything, unless i need a benadryl. I also get respratory problems and sometimes use an albuterol inhaler, mainly for comfort when going to sleep. It is not trigger by physical exhertion or anything else but hay fever.

Is it even worth trying to join with this problem? I am highly considering joining, but I would hate to join and find out in boot that I cant make it because of this dumb problem. That is something you really need to discuss with the doctor at the AFEES station when you get there for your physical or whatever they call them now.He'll have a better idea of what your lmitations will be,they dont want you falling out during PT and die'n on 'em GOOD LUCK

Cope
09-11-07, 11:43 PM
That is something you really need to discuss with the doctor at the AFEES station when you get there for your physical or whatever they call them now.He'll have a better idea of what your lmitations will be,they dont want you falling out during PT and die'n on 'emSo would I go DEP before or after going through with the physical? Is it possible to get the physical before joining, or talk to a doctor before I join to ask them about this so I dont waste my (and the Corps) time? I hate to say it, but my recruiter is not being amazingly helpful on this issue, which is why I came here.

grizzly
09-12-07, 12:00 AM
Before you ever get to boot you have to go to an armed forces entry station AFEES.there You'll be just like the song Alices Restaurant,You'l be inspected,neglected,rejected,injected,etc.. There you will see a doctor for the body for your head for all other parts of your anatomy and would discuss it with them.ultimatly they decide if you go on to boot camp if not they send you back home before you get to boot

Cope
09-12-07, 12:01 AM
Before you ever get to boot you have to go to an armed forces entry station AFEES.there You'll be just like the song Alices Restaurant,You'l be inspected,neglected,rejected,injected,etc.. There you will see a doctor for the body for your head for all other parts of your anatomy and would discuss it with them.ultimatly they decide if you go on to boot camp if not they send you back home before you get to bootOk thanks. I'm doing a little research and I think I already know the answer :(

grizzly
09-12-07, 12:06 AM
You'll never know till you try,Don't be discouraged,but be honest about it.it'll bite you if you're not