PDA

View Full Version : Looking 4 direction

YoungGun702
09-10-07, 05:56 AM
I am ready 2 enlist in the Marine corps but i am still unsure about which Mos 2 pick...

My recruiter is pushing me in2 security forces and he's makin it sound real nice wit lots of action and gun bustin but i wuz lookin at other threads and saw ppl saying that there's no action in security forces???
I'm jus looking for sum other suggestions to possible Mos 4 me 2 choose... The main things i want 2 get 4rm the corps is lots of travel and i wanna do sumthin important like recon type stuff where skill is involved not jus b a bullet sponge....
I just don't want 2 get stuck in sumthing i dont like and forced 2 stay wit it for 4 yearz

Zulu 36
09-10-07, 06:41 AM
OK, Nick, first thing. This part of the site is not a chat room and we write proper and complete words here, along with proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. There is a chat room on the site where you can go almost as crazy as you want with abbreviations.

The word Corps is ALWAYS capitalized when use in reference to the Marine Corps as it is a proper noun when used in that respect. The word Marine is likewise always capitalized, which you did do.

MOS is an acronym, meaning all letters in it are capitalized.

Lastly, as many young men ask about being recon, your first hurdle is to become a Marine. Use the search function on the site to find a large amount of information about getting into recon. Many seek recon, but few are accepted.

Phantom Blooper
09-10-07, 06:44 AM
I am ready 2 enlist in the Marine corps but i am still unsure about which Mos 2 pick...

My recruiter is pushing me in2 security forces and he's makin it sound real nice wit lots of action and gun bustin but i wuz lookin at other threads and saw ppl saying that there's no action in security forces???
I'm jus looking for sum other suggestions to possible Mos 4 me 2 choose... The main things i want 2 get 4rm the corps is lots of travel and i wanna do sumthin important like recon type stuff where skill is involved not jus b a bullet sponge....
I just don't want 2 get stuck in sumthing i dont like and forced 2 stay wit it for 4 yearz

Read and heed all the stickies in the Poolee Forum....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989

r u really serious bro? i mean r u really really serious? wit all thiz shiat I can knot like chek out dis scoop.,like you can like frikon spel.pleeze tell me it's so dude! like if it is true that will be like so sweet,dude.tell me u r not joking. pleeze tell me that spell chek is going to be used! like this is like not like a chat room! like this really going to be kickin if u could post on here and see the proper grammar and spellin. that would really like make my day and make me feel like all is like u no,like really dam good bout wakin up an readin' dis shiat! thanks dude!

And maybe...just maybe you might...get a serious reply!

:evilgrin:

Marine84
09-10-07, 07:49 AM
Lol!

rvillac2
09-10-07, 10:15 AM
Sgt Sparkie! Looks like one of your Nevada Public School kids. ha ha ha.

Marine Kane
09-10-07, 01:02 PM
The main things i want 2 get 4rm the corps is lots of travel and i wanna do sumthin important like recon type stuff where skill is involved not jus b a bullet sponge....

What, you don't want to be a part of the mindless hordes who give their lives for the Motherland?

Go away.

davblay
09-10-07, 11:38 PM
Hey Fist---is this any of your kin folk?

grizzly
09-11-07, 01:49 AM
Oh Boy,We got another one here sparky.Gonna be Marine of the qtr. at least the kid asked for advice

YoungGun702
09-11-07, 02:25 AM
Alright sorry about the spelling and grammar....It didn't hurt me on my ASVAB I got a 85...
So any suggestions on a good MOS for me? Eventually I want to go out for force recon just like everybody else looking for action but i realize that's not going to happen over night

Covey_Rider
09-11-07, 06:19 AM
Oh wow. This kid is a trip.

Ok here you go though...

1. TRY and pass boot camp
2. Make it through SOI
3. Go to your MOS school
4. Take the indoc for Recon...MAYBE they'll take you
5. Force Recon no longer exists...there is something that took it's place.
6. Good luck...You have much to learn and a lot of things to experience.

I will with-hold all of my other comments.

sparkie
09-11-07, 07:32 AM
Sorry folks, I think it may be the neon. I try to keep my kids in at nite to avoid exposure.
Vegas schools.... Ya send them fully equiped, ready to learn, and what do they do? Eat the teacher.

sparkie
09-11-07, 07:47 AM
If you want Recon, Better start practicing. When you can sneak up and sniff a coyote's butt without being noticed,,,,you will have learned, grasshopper.