PDA

View Full Version : SOI question and post-boot camp questions

hawks
09-09-07, 01:00 PM
I'm going to SOI tomorrow and just wanted to know a few things.

Can I toss all my marked skivee shirts with my platoon number on it? Or can I wear those there or what should I do with them. I have like 2 unmarked ones so I'm thinking I'm just going to have to buy some (oh well).

Also, can I wear boxers at SOI, if so do they have to be some strict color or can they be whatever.

After boot camp, do you still wear PT shorts under cammies or what?

Also, what is recieving platoon do at SOI, do we get nightly libo and all that? I was a 92 day reservist getting called up and get to go to SOI tomorrow knowing I dont pick up till the 24th, but thats just what I expect from the USMC now, hurry up and wait.

What are some good libo spots in Cali?

Haffner
09-09-07, 03:25 PM
Don't toss out tose boot skivvies yet, as it may be a while to when you can go purchase some new ones -- but -- the second you buy a new pack and have enough new ones for at least a week of work straight, throw those boot ones right the hell out. In MOS school when I saw a Marine wearing one of those I went absolutely ape****.

I wore boxers at SOI and it wasn't a problem, and it was also only a year and some change ago, so it probably hasn't changed -- we'll see from newer Marines though; don't want to lead you astray.

I still wear PT shorts under my cammies, but you in no way "have" to do so. I just do that and keep my runnin' shoes in my car incase during my lunch break or something I get motivated and feel like going for a run, or if I feel like running right when I get off work. Alot of Marines stop, alot keep doing it. Personal preference.

In the holding platoon, I heard that on most nights they get a couple of hours of nightly libo, in the local area. Basically means the closest Exchange and around the barracks. Once you actually pick up, you'll get libo on Sundays. You might get a couple of hours to yourself some nights, but it's not libo, per say, because it'll be strictly in barracks and more for you to square your **** away above all else.

Oh, regarding libo spots in Cali -- you don't get off base libo. in MCT.

hawks
09-09-07, 03:49 PM
Thanks LCPL, I'm going to SOI but not MCT so I get weekends off base I'm told

sparkie
09-09-07, 03:53 PM
Skivvie talk again? I may as well sign onto Myspace.

Haffner
09-09-07, 04:12 PM
Ohhh ****, my bad, Marine! I'm just used to seeing poolees/Marines mix up the acronyms of SOI/MCT constantly (since they're both SOI, it's just MCT and ITB are both offshoots of SOI) so I confused myself.

Anyways, if you're in that area, you got San Diego right there, of course. LA is only 2 hours away. I'm at Pendleton so if you got any questions you can just PM me.

sparkie
09-09-07, 04:37 PM
SOI/MIT. Yea I'm confused already. For me it was ITR,,,, And we really didn't have skivvie talk,,,left that for the BAMs,,,HAHA No offence, please.