PDA

View Full Version : Poolee Documents?

Books
09-06-07, 09:22 PM
Evening folks,

This is a question for poolees/Marines: When you officially become a poolee, what documents are you provided with to show that you are a poolee, if there are any? Is there a card or something?

Thanks in advance,
Books

Haffner
09-06-07, 09:50 PM
When you finish the enlistment process and what have you and you go to your MEPS headquarters you get a certificate of enlistment or some crap. I ended up getting like 2 or 3 certificates talking about how I enlisted and all that good jazz.

sparkie
09-06-07, 10:07 PM
What do you get?.......... What do you need?

Haffner
09-06-07, 10:26 PM
Need? Nothing.

Get? Some B.S. certificates just notorizing the date time and name of the civilian who just enlisted and is now a poolee etc etc etc.

You get that with your, "Welcome aboard!" package. It's got a VHS (I think nowadays its a DVD) with some Marines trying to motivate you and a couple documents, a little book with some workouts and what not where poolee's can keep track of their exercises, an IST log, some stickers (lmao the gold bordered EGA ones people love putting on their vehicles).

Just a little moto package really, Sgt.

Integrity57
09-06-07, 10:59 PM
All I got was my DEP I.D. card, a t-shirt and my DEP book. I can't really say I wanted anything more than that and really all I wanted was my DEP book but a free t-shirt is always a cool thing to get.
:) :thumbup:

sparkie
09-07-07, 07:36 AM
For Christmas I got a shirt and a piece of tail,,,,Both too big;] All I ever got for depping was fear.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-07-07, 08:15 AM
All I got was this silly little green book that had a little bit of the stuff you need to know for boot camp. Funny enough, we did fine without all the stuff that poolees get now.

Covey_Rider
09-07-07, 09:10 AM
Hey don't even worry about it. All that a poolee is, is somebody who's signed a piece of paper saying that they'll go to boot camp. The contract you signed is not binding and therefor doesn't really mean anything. You will sign a brand new contract the day before you fly out for boot camp and that's when you're committed. Until then don't really worry about anything.

semperfiman
09-07-07, 01:00 PM
i got a free plane ride to s c 7 days after seeing a recruiter

davblay
09-07-07, 02:36 PM
On 19690318 I enlisted and got a certificate signed by a 1st Sgt. I shipped out 19690511 and didn't get nothing but a plane ticket to San Diego. But even waaaaaay back then I did get a cerificate...

Zulu 36
09-07-07, 03:37 PM
I had an official letter from someone in the Recruiting command stating I had enlisted in the Marine Corps, with my name, rank, and serial number, etc. My recruiter told me to carry it with me, especially after I turned 18 because I didn't have to register for the draft. It would be accepted if I were asked for my draft card, which the police could (and did) do back then.

I carried that letter in my wallet daily and wore it out looking at it all of the time and dreaming. On July 1, 1971, my dream turned into a nightmare, but that is a different story. :evilgrin:

sparkie
09-07-07, 06:34 PM
Draft Dodger!!!!!!! Me Too;] ...... I turned 18 outta boot.

Zulu 36
09-07-07, 08:18 PM
Draft Dodger!!!!!!! Me Too;] ...... I turned 18 outta boot.

Yeah, and I went into the National Guard too. :D