PDA

View Full Version : Physical

wannabe0311
08-31-07, 01:02 PM
What do you guys think was the hardest physical part in BootCamp.:yes:

Marine84
08-31-07, 01:36 PM
Getting over that damned log on the O Course - the things were set at about my height - HAHAHAHAHAHA! I could get over it but NOT the way they wanted me to.

PatriotGirl422
08-31-07, 01:42 PM
Getting over that damned log on the O Course - the things were set at about my height - HAHAHAHAHAHA! I could get over it but NOT the way they wanted me to.

It wasn't the log so much as that horizontal bar on the O course that you have to get yourself over by using your chicken wing. I'd run up to it, grab it, pull up and...nothing. It took a few tries, but I'd eventually get it.

rvillac2
08-31-07, 02:42 PM
What do you guys think was the hardest physical part in BootCamp.:yes:

I'm not sure what has been separated into MCT, but in my day the humps were the hardest in my opinion. Especially on the little end where we were practically jogging the whole way.
And heaven help you if you were picked as a messenger on the hump and had to relay messages between the big end and little end running up and down the DI Highway!

SlingerDun
08-31-07, 04:49 PM
Humping San Onofre #1 its an abrupt transition from rear barracks boy to high country ridge runner, a toughening up process 4 sure. People who only workout in a controlled environment like gyms, circuit/obstacle course, level asphalt terrain etc, are always in for a surprise when they take to the field.

#2 getting thrashed due to the fact that Mr/Ms/Mrs D.I. rarely order a specific number of calisthenics...so the end is never in sight. Your living in the present one rep at a time, subject to their whims and disposition. Squadbay games with and without props stand out in my memory as the most painfull.

--->Dave

SkilletsUSMC
08-31-07, 05:06 PM
Doing rifle manual with my foot locker for hours... present arms was a real *****...

BR34
08-31-07, 05:53 PM
Running the flight line at Paige Field in full deuce gear while carrying sandbags over our heads. We actually had 3 recruits fall out (or fake it atleast) before our D.I. stopped killing us.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-31-07, 08:22 PM
I do have to agree, the command "Present Footlockers!" is one of the worst things I ever heard... although I wasn't a big fan of "inspection footlocker" either.

Marine84
08-31-07, 09:04 PM
Doing rifle manual with my foot locker for hours... present arms was a real *****...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PatriotGirl422
09-01-07, 11:34 AM
Running the flight line at Paige Field in full deuce gear while carrying sandbags over our heads. We actually had 3 recruits fall out (or fake it atleast) before our D.I. stopped killing us.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the running at Page Field. That kind of sucked. We had the hottest crucible on record (117 degrees).

thewookie
09-01-07, 11:46 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about all the running at Page Field. That kind of sucked. We had the hottest crucible on record (117 degrees).

get ouda here, 117 degrees, wow, that's like Africa hot!

I'd say the humps and being the shorter guy in the rear for anything is the toughest or was the toughest for me. You work much harder I think.

hawks
09-01-07, 01:55 PM
Basilone's Challenge was pretty tough, I think that it was harder then the Grim Reaper. Also, the Grim Reaper is not really that bad, its the walk back from it, the next 5 miles which is a killer.

How did you do rifle manual with foot lockers? I don't think I could fanthom doing inspection arms with them. Would have been funny to see trail arms with them though.

Haffner
09-01-07, 03:38 PM
For me it was the MCT 10k. Soooooo much harder than the 15k (good ol' Mt. Motherf***er and Anklebreaker). But, that kinda does tie, now that I think of it, with the remaining hump back from the crucible.

Advice time: when you pack your pack with all of your gear, take time and effort to distribute weight to the best of your abilities. Also, strap that sucker on right! If a large amount of the weight is on your hips, you'll be better off than the ones with it on their upper back.

SlingerDun
09-01-07, 04:24 PM
Would have been funny to see trail arms with them though.it aint, foot locker games are quite sinister and they always win.

hawks
09-01-07, 06:02 PM
I'm kind of glad we never had to play games with our foot lockers...now that I think of it ever. We had to dump them alot during forming but that was about it. I remember 3 recruits had to hold their foot lockers for like 5 minutes. What I did hate was setting up the mini-grinder though, then setting the house up, then mini-grinder, then house. That stuff got old fast.

BR34
09-02-07, 01:31 PM
Marching with racks sucked too!!! Especially "too the rear MARCH!".