PDA

View Full Version : passing IST

docileurxtasy
08-30-07, 11:51 PM
What are the exact amount score to pass the ist? Also, is it "possible" in other words realistic to pass the IST in less then a month of time frame?

davblay
08-31-07, 12:03 AM
You Poolees place waaaay to much interest in the IST! It is important, but you need to worry about the PFT. That is rthe test that will pass or fail you at Boot Camp! If you can pass the PFT, you will have absolutely no problems with the IST. You will be tested at your Recruiters station (or should be) before you ship out to MCRD! I suggest you google Marine Corps PFT and get yourself going in that direction. If you can't pass the IST pior to shipping or at MCRD, then you will be reasigned to the PCP platoon for conditioning for about two weeks, or until you can pass the IST. That means an extra two weeks on the Island, however. Again, work towards the PFT, I assure you that will more than prepare you for the IST!

The answer to your second question is yes! if your in good shape and are used to working out, no problem!

Covey_Rider
08-31-07, 12:36 AM
This question has been asked far to many times. Stop being lazy and research the forums before you come and ask questions. And as davblay said, stop worrying about the IST anyways. It doesn't mean anything. Run PFT's because THOSE are what you will run in the Corps.

docileurxtasy
08-31-07, 12:42 AM
i do aim for the PFT requirement -_- but was asking if its possible with in one month.

davblay
08-31-07, 01:03 AM
i do aim for the PFT requirement -_- but was asking if its possible with in one month.

And I answered your question!