PDA

View Full Version : Engineer Assistant

marinebaby17
08-27-07, 11:17 PM
well I will be entering the DEP program soon and I want to tell my recruit that I want to be an engineer assistant instead of having a job as combat engineer. Is it possible to change because basically they dont have this job on the marines website and also he never mentioned it

rvillac2
08-27-07, 11:19 PM
You need to fill out your profile.

Covey_Rider
08-27-07, 11:40 PM
I'm a combat engineer and I've never even heard of an "engineer assistant." You're either a combat engineer or you have an engineering job relating to utilities etc.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-28-07, 12:55 AM
If it isn't on the Marine website and your recruiter doesn't know about it- there is a very good chance that there is no such thing. In fact, I'd guess there is about a 99% chance that thre is no such thing.

You filled out your profile, now remember that Marine is always capitalized.

Covey_Rider
08-28-07, 01:04 AM
I stand corrected. I just did some research and found that the MOS does exist...1361 Engineer Assistant. If that's what you want then ask for it. You'll have to ask your recruiter about it because I'm not sure if my source was up to date or not. But assuming that it does exist...then yes you can request to be switched to that MOS. You can't be contracted to be a combat engineer...only contracted to the engineering field. From there you will be assigned your MOS.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-28-07, 11:04 AM
Very well, our resident engineer knows best. But, unless you're a reservist you don't pick your actual job- just your job field.

marinebaby17
08-28-07, 09:47 PM
Thks for the information
I talked to my recruiter today and he said at MOS I can pick engineer assistant and also cimbat engineer
Tomorrow I go and get my physical and I also swear in