PDA

View Full Version : Soi

poolecarollo
08-27-07, 08:20 AM
i Just graduated boot and i have a quick question im Infantry Active and i was wondering after i complete SOI can i like do a switch from active to reserve like i want to become an officer is there anythihg i cna do like that cuz im currently active but i was talking to my recruiter and he was saying like If i Wanted to get out without any hassle i can get out nowbut i really want to be an officer is it possible to switch from active to reserve to do a ROTC?

hawks
08-27-07, 08:23 AM
haha, good luck. Sorry but I don't think there is away. By the way, you were Charlie Co? what platoon?

davblay
08-27-07, 08:33 AM
Hey mods---lets let the poolees come here ands ask the same question in two or three threads! This was aked in another thread, asking it here in another way will get you no better answers. Us the search button!

Marine84
08-27-07, 09:29 AM
i Just graduated boot and i have a quick question im Infantry Active and i was wondering after i complete SOI can i like do a switch from active to reserve like i want to become an officer is there anythihg i cna do like that cuz im currently active but i was talking to my recruiter and he was saying like If i Wanted to get out without any hassle i can get out nowbut i really want to be an officer is it possible to switch from active to reserve to do a ROTC?

What AGAIN? Do you think the answers will be any different? Suck it up man - YOU signed the contract on your own free will - nobody twisted an arm and made you do it. Seems to me that you want to reap benefits that come with the Title but you don't want to hold up on your end of the committment. What a waste! Why don't you just go ahead and apply for CO status?

PatriotGirl422
08-27-07, 10:01 AM
Man what are these drill instructors doing lately to make all these Marines want to get out of their active duty contracts?

Marine84
08-27-07, 12:05 PM
It's not the DIs - it's the bozos that actually TRY this $h!t.

Phantom Blooper
08-27-07, 12:28 PM
poolecarollo, what part of NO don't you understand? This question is the same question that you posed on Saturday 25 August. The answer is not going to change. There are ways to become an officer through different programs. Do a search in the Poolee Forum and you will find answers. Also since you are not even out of SOI and with the fleet this should have been a question that you asked of your recruiter before you even signed your contract to enlist.When you do get to the fleet ask your platoon leaders what options you have.

For now concentrate on the job at hand instead of trying to change from active to reserve for your benefit.You may be make a good officer but right now you are in the PPPPP stage. This should have been done prior to May. Act like a grown Marine and quit

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-27-07, 04:22 PM
Wow, I am glad none of my Marines ever came to me acting like this and then trying it again a few days later. I'd still be in the brig.

JCam0331
08-27-07, 06:16 PM

Dude ok first of all your typing sucks. Officers are well spoken and articulate, so fix yourself please if you aspire to become an Officer.

2nd of all - If you apply for an NROTC scholarship and you get it, it releases you from your active duty obligation and you will go to college full time.

I don't know how it works, but I know this Lance Corporal that used to be in the Wing and now he is a Midshipman. He just completed his Bulldog session of OCS and will commission when he graduates.

Or you can apply for the Naval Academy/Naval Academy Prepatory School, but good luck with that. They only take the best and the birghtest. And you need a Congressman's recommendation.

JCam0331
08-27-07, 06:18 PM
Man what are these drill instructors doing lately to make all these Marines want to get out of their active duty contracts?

trust me the DIs are not any easier than they were before...as recent as 2004 the DIs are still the meanest sons of guns in town.