PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

DemonicOne
08-25-07, 02:27 AM
I just bought a Marine Corps flag. Since I'm not a Marine yet will I offend somebody by putting it up, along the same lines of saying, "Semper Fi." I would love to put it in the window of my apartment when I move out in a couple weeks but, I don't want to make it out that I'm a Marine and offend somebody.

davblay
08-25-07, 02:54 AM
Just remember that our Flag is not a rag! It is not a curtain. If it is displayed properly there shouldn't be a problem. But if you show the least bit of disrespect with it, you will hear from some of us!

DemonicOne
08-25-07, 03:04 AM
Yes Sir.

docileurxtasy
08-25-07, 03:51 AM
since its about flags in this thread. I have seen houses with an American flag hanging with another country flag? How do people feel about this, is it disrepectful to you or you dont mind since we are a country that respect equality? Just food for thought since the topic of this thread is about flags. All opinons are welcomed for the sake of the argument

08-25-07, 06:45 AM
since its about flags in this thread. I have seen houses with an American flag hanging with another country flag? How do people feel about this, is it disrepectful to you or you dont mind since we are a country that respect equality? Just food for thought since the topic of this thread is about flags. All opinons are welcomed for the sake of the argument

We tend to leave politics at the door on this site.

On September 11, 2001, I was in the United States Army, and on that morning, I can't tell you that anybody, regardless of service, that walked past an AMERICAN flag and did not SALUTE with complete pride in who they were and what they were serving for...

If a CIVILIAN chooses to show pride in their ancestral heritage, that is their own business.

I would'nt worry about it too much...

Marine84
08-25-07, 07:23 AM
As long as the flags are displayed properly - no problem. Check this link out
http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

As far as the Marine Corps flag..................hang it properly - it has just as much meaning to some of us as the American flag does.