PDA

View Full Version : Recruit Training

docileurxtasy
08-25-07, 01:49 AM
Ok, here is something new as a topic since mostly everyone on here is a Marine. Does anyone know someone (please, for the sake of the topic no names) who quitted or just couldn't handle the training? If so, what happened?

Marine84
08-25-07, 08:02 AM
yes..................some get there and see what it's REALLY all about and they just want no part of it. I saw girls stand up to DIs and flat out tell them "NO I WILL NOT" - needless to say they were gone within 24 hours. We had one chick from NY, thought she was a bad a$$ and bowed up at a DI - they ran all the rest of us out of the barracks and when we got back SHE was gone. There ARE some that drop on their own and REQUEST it but, not very many.

Phantom Blooper
08-25-07, 08:35 AM
We had one chick from NY, thought she was a bad a$$ ....

Lorix..Strawberry....???:banana: :banana:

:evilgrin:

thewookie
08-25-07, 08:54 AM
It happens all the time, people either voluntarily quit or are physically and mentally incapable of handling it, and quit. We don't want any quitters so they didn't make it too tough on those types while I was there. I know a kid from my hometown that left boot camp becuase of "bad" shin splints (f-in shin splints, who hasn't had bad shin splints?) Admin separation and c ya. When I was on the Island, we had a couple of knuckleheads that tried to leave at night, admin sep. Bald morons dressed like a recruit walking down Boulevard de France at midnight? We had a few that basically broke down to the Senior DI, admin sep. And I think, or I was told, that if you get out (quit) before you've finished your primary MOS school, then they give you a failure to adapt, admin sep, and c ya. Good for the Corps.

What a waste to go there and not make it, I bet more then a few who don't make it regret it for life. It's not that hard, it's just a mind game related to some mental re-training.

I hear they just busted some DI's and threw the book at them. They made some recruits jump into trash cans, whats wrong with that? Mothers of America is killing our Corps! The more you bleed in peace the less you bleed in war.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-25-07, 11:20 AM
We had a kid that jumped the fence at MCRD SD and was in the airport trying to buy a ticket home when he was caught. He was wearing a sweatshirt, complete with platoon number and fatbody stripes, green PT shorts, issued go fasters (which were red, white, and yellow Nikes) and BC glasses.

I would tell his name, but I can't remember it.

immaproshooter
08-25-07, 11:56 AM
we had a kid go UA at night ran off wearing pt shorts skivvie shirt go fasters and a ****in glow belt lol..thought hed make it off the Island that way.....he ran around for a few hours and you wanna know where he got caught?..on the parade deck right across the street from our barracks...needless to say we witnessed his NJP and on training day 45 they sent him to Forming day 1 to start over again...

PatriotGirl422
08-25-07, 03:48 PM
we had a kid go UA at night ran off wearing pt shorts skivvie shirt go fasters and a ****in glow belt lol..

Why the hell would he choose to wear his glow belt when staging his escape? lol

immaproshooter
08-26-07, 10:24 AM
lol who knows

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-26-07, 01:11 PM
I just want to know when the Marines started wearing those things. It was one of the fun things to make fun of the Army for.

JCam0331
08-26-07, 02:20 PM
There is no DOR (quitting) in recruit training. The training is hard but even if you suck at every event they will still make you pass because they need bodies in the Corps. <br />
<br />
<br />
I've seen a...

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-26-07, 02:50 PM
BS. There are plenty of people that don't complete the training. You can always quit- just refuse to train. You don't just get to leave, there is a penalty, but it does happen.

I saw more people than I can remember come and go. There have been people from this forum that didn't complete training. There are injuries, failure to adapt, and other entry level seperations that happen daily.

JCam0331
08-26-07, 03:06 PM
and none of them are honorable discharges I'd assume.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-26-07, 03:38 PM
Why is that? Do you believe that someone that was injured while training should leave the Corps with a service record that will haunt them for the rest of their life?

davblay
08-26-07, 04:04 PM
Believe it or not---most Trainee discharges are &quot;for the convienience of the Government&quot;, types! Most Trainee discharges are not going to haunt anyone as they simply release you from the Military...

JCam0331
08-26-07, 04:05 PM
Of course not. That would be a General (Medical) discharge, not honorable? correct me if I'm wrong.

thewookie
08-27-07, 09:22 AM
If they quit or they can't make it they go home to mommy and daddy like nothing ever happened. Can't DOR, are you kidding me? I know more people graduate then should but they can't force you, not yet anyway. Get rid of them, they tried and couldn't for whatever reason. Maybe today it's different, I don't know.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-27-07, 04:26 PM
Davblay, you are correct that most are entry level seperations and it is like they were never there--- but not all. <br />
<br />
JCam, I misunderstood what you were saying. I apologize. I thought you were...

ItzAlex
08-27-07, 05:35 PM
There was this recruit that tried so hard to drop but just couldnt manage to drop no matter how hard he tried. Either by chance or purposefully, he managed to drop from 3rd BN to 3rd BN. He started India Co, but then 2 weeks into training he tried to get out of it by claiming psychological problems, was sent to EHP and from there he picked up with us at Kilo Co. on forming day 1. He has gotten out of every PT session either with a sick call or some other excuse. One time he just plain refuse to go to PT. Our Senior didnt want to drop him so he kept training. Then finally one PT session like training day 35 he just went UA and walked around the woods (Weapons BN.) He got caught because he came back to the squadbay to make a head call... The Series GySgt. dropped him to Mike Co. Forming day 1 again. Last time I saw him was at church right before we graduated.

thewookie
08-27-07, 05:47 PM
There was this recruit that tried so hard to drop but just couldnt manage to drop no matter how hard he tried. Either by chance or purposefully, he managed to drop from 3rd BN to 3rd BN. He started India Co, but then 2 weeks into training he tried to get out of it by claiming psychological problems, was sent to EHP and from there he picked up with us at Kilo Co. on forming day 1. He has gotten out of every PT session either with a sick call or some other excuse. One time he just plain refuse to go to PT. Our Senior didnt want to drop him so he kept training. Then finally one PT session like training day 35 he just went UA and walked around the woods (Weapons BN.) He got caught because he came back to the squadbay to make a head call... The Series GySgt. dropped him to Mike Co. Forming day 1 again. Last time I saw him was at church right before we graduated.

That's BS, I'm surprised but I guess it happens, so maybe it isn't so easy.

JCam0331
08-27-07, 05:52 PM

All he needed to do was feign a suicide attempt...automatic go home chit.

immaproshooter
08-27-07, 06:56 PM
theres this kid at SOI Camp Geiger...... he apparently has narcolepsy and is in SAC and has been there for two years now they keep offering to discharge him and send him hoem because he cant continue...

davblay
08-27-07, 11:08 PM
Administrative Separations. Administrative separations cannot be awarded by a court-martial and are not punitive in nature. Enlisted personnel may be administratively separated with a characterization of service (characterized separation) or description of separation (uncharacterized separation) as warranted by the facts of the particular case.
"Basis" is the reason for which the person is being administratively separated (e.g., pattern of misconduct, convenience of the government for parenthood, weight control failure, etc.). "Characterization of service" refers to the quality of the individual's military service (e.g., honorable, general, or Other Than Honorable).
Individuals who are separated with less than 180 days of continuous active military service may be separated as an "Entry Level Separation." In these cases, there is no characterization of service at all.
Another type of administrative separation is "Order of Release from the Custody and Control of the Military Services" by reason of void enlistment or induction. This type of separation also has no characterization of service.

thewookie
08-28-07, 06:09 AM
This, I have no problem with. If the kid has heart, and doesn't have quit in him then I can work with that. It's a medical issue, it sucks that he has nothing to return to, hopefully he'll bond...