PDA

View Full Version : Mct

tonyyybro
08-24-07, 10:16 PM
I was wondering during MCT am i allowed to leave base and go back home, during the weekends or something? thanks.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-24-07, 11:26 PM
No, MCT people aren't allowed to go anywhere. In fact, I think you only get off on Sunday now or something like that. You'll have to make do with a phone call when you get the chance.

Haffner
08-24-07, 11:33 PM
Hell no. Couple hours of base libo on Sundays if you're West coast. Apparently, East coast gets a few hours of libo in the literal direct vicinity of the barracks. It sucks for them, as Marines tell me.

Can't be worrying about new, undisciplined Marines ****in' around near the homestead on libo at MCT (you may think you're disciplined now, but holy ****, things really change after a bit of boot leave -- in general, not every Marine, of course).

Time for leave will come soon enough. MCT time is spent mostly with hurry up and wait, however, you'll get some fundamentals which may save your ass someday in combat.

There are three ways to hurt a PVT (don't give me some smartass answer, ANY of you, like "Im a PFC/LCPL"), they are as follows: take away their chow, take away their sleep, or take away their libo. Some of that ****'ll hapen, so just don't worry about it at all, and it won't affect you whatsoever.

BR34
08-25-07, 03:04 PM
I don't know LCpl, I think money is more important to a Marine then sleep.

Haffner
08-25-07, 03:22 PM
I don't consider money one of the considerations because if you're a single Marine in the barracks you can survive with exactly 0 dollars in the bank. Meal card plus free room and board =p

Also, that was a quite from one of my combat instructors in MCT, and hell, in MCT if they give you barely any time to eat, barely any time to sleep, and barely any time for Libo, those were the three things that would really bunch up all the Marines panties the most.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-25-07, 04:44 PM
That isn't how you can hurt a private, we used to say it was the only way you can hurt any Marine. Taking money means nothing. If you have sleep, chow, and libbo you'll be fine.

When I went to MCT we got time off- but we were there longer. Every time we had libbo kids showed up late and ended up with an NJP for UA in their records. You would have to do fire watch, so you couldn't get too far away anyway. For the most part we just went to one of the e-clubs and tried to stay out of trouble and out of the way of the grunts down at horno.