PDA

View Full Version : Bgsuwoody is alive and well

davblay
08-16-07, 01:28 PM
Just recieved a letter from Mike. He is doing well, he's a squad leader and has this message for any Poolees that want to know;

A. Don't come HUGE or untrained as it will ruin your experience.

B. Knowledge is power

C. God you won't understand a ****ing thing about this place until you step on this Island! It's impossible to prepare for anything, clear your mind, shut your damn mouth, and get your ass on line!

Then he said "ALL RECRUITS ARE JUST ORDINARY MEN, TRYING TO DO AN EXTRORDINARY THING".

I also have a special message for the following people; jinelson, KBS95125, Rvillac, Kurby, and Marine84. If you people will PM me I will relay that info to you ASAP.

He also says that Jakob Burkett is doing well in another platoon.

HIs letter was dated this past Monday, he began training The next day. So Nov 2 is his Graduation day.

rvillac2
08-16-07, 03:01 PM
C. God you won't understand a ****ing thing about this place until you step on this Island! It's impossible to prepare for anything, clear your mind, shut your damn mouth, and get your ass on line!

Truer words have never been said.

kbs95125
08-16-07, 03:10 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well. I sent you a PM Sir

kbs95125
08-16-07, 03:10 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well. I sent you a PM Sir

Fubar5812
08-16-07, 05:25 PM
Great to hear it,he definitely seemed squad leader material I hope he keeps it.

Marine84
08-16-07, 06:32 PM

I LOVE IT! :banana:

It IS impossible to "train" for bootcamp - that's what you go to BOOTCAMP for - to be TRAINED! Open up them thick a$$ heads some of you have (and some of you have 'em), listen to what you're told, do as you're told and MOVE your a$$ when told to do so. You don't even ask questions unless you've been told that it's OK.

Justin493
08-16-07, 08:09 PM
Good to hear from him. Bro's tearin **** up.

davblay
08-22-07, 09:24 PM
In a letter I received today Bgsuwoody says he has found his (what he calls) INTENSITY! quote "I don't know what is was or what kicked in, but everything here has changed. I still love it, but there's a different spirit to it now and it's like a freaking high. Now I can say I know exactly when I asked "why the F*** am I here", and when I said " I f***ing belong here, Ooo-Rah"."

Mike is doing fine and was in his 5th training day when he wrote that letter. His moto is good and his spirits are high. He still wants mail as he hadn't gotten any mail when he mailed this letter.

Just thought some of you would want to know.

HurricaneRJ
08-22-07, 09:39 PM
Hey Cpl. If you don't mind I would like to send him one. If you want I can just send you what I will write and you can forward it to him.

Covey_Rider
08-22-07, 10:43 PM
This is motivating. Poolees take note, if letters keep getting sent as quickly as they are...then you may be able to recognize the change in a person's mind as they transform from a civilian to a Marine. The change is amazing. I know exactly where he's at in his mind right now and I know what will come next. It's predictable and it's extremely effective.

davblay
08-22-07, 11:09 PM
This is motivating. Poolees take note, if letters keep getting sent as quickly as they are...then you may be able to recognize the change in a person's mind as they transform from a civilian to a Marine. The change is amazing. I know exactly where he's at in his mind right now and I know what will come next. It's predictable and it's extremely effective.

That's true Covey, I can see the pattern evolving in Bsuwoody now. He has the motivation and the desire to succeed, and he will make a fine Marine! As Woody said "you can't prepare for that place until you set foot in that island!"

Kurby494
08-22-07, 11:31 PM
I just got a letter from woody, I'm going to write him today so if you have a message for him let me know.

davblay
08-23-07, 12:04 AM
Mike would be proud to hear from any of you guys.

davblay
08-29-07, 01:59 PM
In a letter I got today, Mike seems to be going thru the first phase blahs! His platoon is beginning to grow at a pace that they can't keep up with, they are at each others throat, in other words. He is still not getting much mail and he NOW understands why mail is important. He said that any of you that want to write him, feel free to PM me for his address. He said he'd even welcome trash mail from some of us old salts, he said he wouldn't mind the 1/4 deck if he got mail. He has not lost his motivation, but he would really love to hear from any and all Poolees that know him from this site.

Oh yea, two squad leaders got fired when his SDI went off on them the other night-----yep he lost his billet. So that hurt his pride as well, but like I said he is still motovated and wants to go on with it all.

His advice to the ones leaving for MCRD anytime soon:

"EITHER SOUND OFF LOUD OR KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" :evilgrin:

GriT
08-29-07, 05:52 PM
Still getting shoved through the first phase grinder. Good to hear he still has his wits despite the chaos. He'll pull through.

PM'd you Corporal.

rvillac2
08-29-07, 05:53 PM
Letter gone downrange. Out.

kbs95125
08-29-07, 11:41 PM
I just got my first response from him, and he REALLY wants Poolees to ask any questions they can think of for him, so he can have something to bump up the motivation! Plus it'll give us more to write to him about because he really really wants to keep getting letters.

TrevelyanInc
08-29-07, 11:52 PM
Ask him if the amount of PT he's getting has disappointed him any!

davblay
08-30-07, 01:27 AM
He said he enjoys the pt part of the training. He;s gotten his knowledge down pact as well. Says to yell at the top of your lings when they ask you a question and they like you better.

marinepooly1361
08-30-07, 08:56 AM
Hey Dave,

next letter you send him ask him for some of the cadences they use. We can add them to the cadence forum, and have something current

davblay
08-31-07, 03:50 PM
OK guys and gals, I just got my second letter from Mike this week. He says that I am the only one that seems to be getting mail thru to him so far! WTF? I know some of you have his address, as I have sent it to you. The US Postal service wonders why so many more people are changing to UPS, FedEx and such!

Anyways, he is settling back down, the platoon is shaping up and are beginning to click as one. He says he hasn't seen Jakob Burkett since the other day when that guy was struck with heat. He still don't know for sure if it was him or not, but I havent heard from him either.

To all Poolees reading this, he said if you want to write to him he can give you good insight about Boot Camp (PM me for his addy). To the Marines that read this he would like to read about your experiences in Boot Camp, something to keep him motivated. He just wants mail!

He is still doing fine, and still motivated and looking forward to the day he finishes training and gets the title. Hes working hard for it and he will make it I am sure.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Semper Fi

HurricaneRJ
08-31-07, 04:25 PM
Cpl. I sent the letter out a few days ago. He should receive it soon.

kbs95125
08-31-07, 05:04 PM
I sent out another one today...
Hopefully he got my other one.

Marine84
08-31-07, 08:51 PM
Got my first one from him today..................he had to take a break for a few minutes to meet a DI in the quarterdeck for a few minutes of good ole IPT. He said reason being (supposedly, he said) was because he was caught laughing earlier in the day. Said he didn't remember doing it or when he did it but...................

He said they've only had 4 days without a black flag - which he said sucks because you lose out on some training. Says he's having a great time (HAHAHAHAHAHA - yeah, right Woody) and he thinks he's made an awesome life changing decision.

We do too baby boy............................

sparkie
08-31-07, 08:56 PM
Motivation????? Graduation.

davblay
10-12-07, 06:24 PM
Just to update you guys on Woodys progress. I got another letter from him today. He is still motivated and just finished TEAM week, so he is on the downhill stretch now, 3rd phase. He's making plans for graduation and family day, already. He's still squad leader and doing fine. He ain't happy with his 214 score at the range, but he said he will do better next year. :marine:

Just though I'd pass this along to you guys.

Semper Fi