PDA

View Full Version : Marine shirts

gatormatt
03-25-03, 04:19 PM
The other day we had a PFT and some of the poolees had on Marine t-shirts. I was wondering how people feel about using Marine stuff if you aren't already a Marine.
Part of me thinks that this is like wearing a frat shirt (of a frat you are not in) around campus. It just shouldn't be done because you haven't earned it yet. But the other part of me thinks it is just showing support for the Corps, like when people wear NYPD and FDNY tshirts. When I signed my papers for OCS they gave me a box with some Semper Fi bumper stickers but I am not going to put them on my car until I accept my commission.

What do the real Marines think about this; how about the poolees?

Matt

wrbones
03-25-03, 04:23 PM
Ya haven't read the POOL-ee forums yet, have ya?

GO back. DO it again! :D

gatormatt
03-25-03, 04:24 PM
I knew that was coming. Sorry.

wrbones
03-25-03, 04:28 PM
LMAO. So ya are payin' attention! :banana:

gatormatt
03-25-03, 04:45 PM
This is my reponse to the Boot Camp thread

gatormatt
03-25-03, 04:47 PM
these are my general orders: <br />
<br />
1. To take charge of my post and all government property in view <br />
2. To walk my post in a military manner keeping always on the alert and observing everything...

gatormatt
03-25-03, 04:50 PM
And I've looked through the forum and found no info on my question. Hopefully by doing this I have done what I wasn't doing right before and won't have to hear "Go back. DO it AGAIN" for at least the rest of this thread.
But if not, I'd be more than happy to go back and do it again, SIR!

ktriplett
03-25-03, 05:01 PM
gatormatt,

Check the mentor forum. I know for certain that your question about the shirts has been covered before, but I don't remember if it's in the Mentor or Poolee forums. Keep looking, bud.

wrbones
03-25-03, 05:13 PM
Thanks ktriplett. I thought I was goin' nuts. I can't find it either! LOL. Just spent an hour lookin'!

wrbones
03-25-03, 05:20 PM
Found it!

Buried in this thread!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4086&highlight=tshirt

ktriplett
03-25-03, 05:20 PM
Well, about the goin' nuts thing, I'm pretty sure that's happening anyway, but at least you don't have to worry about imagining the t-shirt thread. I know it's here somewhere. :)

wrbones
03-25-03, 05:21 PM
NOW. WTH was I doin.......

03Infantry
03-25-03, 05:41 PM
Our RSS gives them to us when we Dep in. We wear them when we PT

gatormatt
03-25-03, 07:13 PM
I was going nuts trying to figure out what you meant by I hadn't read the Poolee forum, then I started thinking it was a brain teaser kind of thing. It was good though, I learned a lot (and reread a lot of info) by looking at the previous posts. Thanks for putting the link up.

gatormatt
03-25-03, 07:18 PM
Its settled, I'm returning the grey "Marines" shirt my mom bought me.