PDA

View Full Version : Request Permission to Come Aboard

MavreenS
08-07-07, 11:14 AM
Candidate Smiel requests permission to come aboard from the Marines of this forum.

This candidate is slated for OCC-199 in September of 2008 and her package is being handled the Albany, NY OSO. This candidate holds a A.B. cum laude from William Smith College in Religious Studies and Classical Greek and will earn her M.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. This candidate hopes to move into Intelligence, either Signals or Air, after TBS and hopes to attain the Foreign Area Officer designation.

The two biggest impacts upon this candidate's life and decision to join the U.S. Marine Corps were her grandmother, a patriot and avid supporter of the United States Marine Corps, and her grandmother's cousin, Michael Benardo, a Marine who served on Iwo Jima and acted as this candidate's grandfather.

This candidate is a member in good standing at the MarineOCS forums.

jinelson
08-07-07, 11:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/156100.jpg

Permission Granted Candidate Smiel, Welcome Aboard!

OORAH!!!

Jim

KittyRina
08-07-07, 11:34 AM
Welcome Aboard!

davblay
08-07-07, 12:02 PM
Welcome aboard. We are always happy to have new blood on the site. Feel free to browse the forums and ask any questions you like.

Chumley
08-07-07, 12:33 PM
Welcome aboard MavreenS!!
You and I are geographically connected. I live in Waterford / Halfmoon and work for NYS in downtown Albany at the Corning Tower.
Best of luck to you at OCS!

SemperFi
Chumley

rvillac2
08-07-07, 02:08 PM
Outfreakin standing!
Welcome aboard and welcome home.

Justin493
08-07-07, 03:11 PM
Welcome Aboard.

Master Sephiroth
08-07-07, 03:17 PM
Request DENIED! Just kidding. Welcome to Leatherneck.

jetdoc
08-07-07, 06:26 PM
Welcome candidate Mavreen.

sparkie
08-07-07, 06:48 PM
and get to know your brothers and sisters. We don't bite much. Very much welcome,,,,,:thumbup:

sparkie
08-07-07, 06:51 PM
I see you have read the Iliad,,,,,,, Have you read Quo Vadis?

MavreenS
08-07-07, 06:55 PM
I see you have read the Iliad,,,,,,, Have you read Quo Vadis?

Not in its entirety, but only bits that were translated. I was a purist and focused only on Classical Greek.

sparkie
08-07-07, 07:01 PM
Read the full translated. Since you have chosen to defend your country, It would be wise to justify your decision. You will never sit on the fence again.

And, Welcome,,,,,,,home,,,,,,

MavreenS
08-07-07, 07:53 PM
Read the full translated. Since you have chosen to defend your country, It would be wise to justify your decision. You will never sit on the fence again.

And, Welcome,,,,,,,home,,,,,,

Simple, Sparkie. The Marines are the best and whatever I do in my life, I do the best and take the hardest route. No excuses.

Or, if you meant the Greek. Latin is common and is available just about anywhere. Greek is considered the harder of the two and even the Romans admitted that their language wasn't as nice as the Greeks. I read the Iliad when I was ten, vowed I would learn Greek and did it so well I had an Oxford Don give me membership to his college and made me a Scholar there. I have much respect for the Romans and their culture (I'm Italian), but when it comes to literature, the Greeks have it in spades.

And thank you everyone for your warm welcome.

Marine84
08-07-07, 08:14 PM
Sparkie! I'm startin' to see you in a whole new light dude!

sparkie
08-07-07, 08:38 PM
84, I've always had some culture I could call my own,,, And as a Marine NCO I never considered myself Neanderthal. But your respect,,, I will carry to work tomorrow, just for me, thank you.
Remember we are dealing with Officer material here. I would hate to think she would start to look down. She will soon get to know NCOs and I want her to know she can depend on us. Besides,,, Like I stated before,,,,, If I had a feminine side, I would have worn it out years ago. Sorry, I'm just a man ;}

MavreenS
08-07-07, 09:14 PM
84, I've always had some culture I could call my own,,, And as a Marine NCO I never considered myself Neanderthal. But your respect,,, I will carry to work tomorrow, just for me, thank you.
Remember we are dealing with Officer material here. I would hate to think she would start to look down. She will soon get to know NCOs and I want her to know she can depend on us. Besides,,, Like I stated before,,,,, If I had a feminine side, I would have worn it out years ago. Sorry, I'm just a man ;}

Everyday when I wake-up, I find another reason the love the Marines and the men and women that claim that title. Sparkie, you gave me my reason for today. Just because Marines are all about the winning wars, doesn't mean that they cannot expand their horizons.

One thing that I have learned in my life is that Marine NCOs and SNCOs are the lifeblood of the Corps. They have seen it all, done it all, and for the most part, retained their humor and humanity. I have such incredible respect for all Marines, but I have a soft spot for (S)NCOs. Even tho I will eventually outrank them, I will be their student in many ways and I will know I have achieved my goal, to be an Officer of Marines, the day I earn their respect. Not one day sooner.

sparkie
08-07-07, 09:56 PM
I think I love this girl.........:D :beer:

MavreenS
08-07-07, 10:14 PM
Well, I'm glad someone likes me. However, I am still a "Nasty Candidate" for another year.

Anyhoo, I've got a couple questions for you Marines here.

1. Is there a way that someone could change my "title" from DEP/Poolee to "Nasty Candidate" or "Officer Candidate". From what I've heard, I'm lower than a Poolee.

2. This is more for the female Marines running around. Have you found an accurate size conversion for Belleville boots from men's to women's sizes. I want to start hiking in boots to get used to them before OCS.

3. As you can tell by my location, I'm going to be heading to the UK very shortly. I want to keep my OSO and the Gunny in the loop on my PFTs. Do you think I could run PFT with Marines stationed there or could a Royal Marine officiate in their place?

Cheers Marines!

SlingerDun
08-08-07, 01:44 AM
Candidate Smiel requests permission to come aboard from the Marines of this forum. Yasoo, MavreenS.

I've requested permission to board a few vessels in various states of sobriety but was only once refused when i spied a female sailor and humped up the afterbrow of the U.S.S. Samuel Gompers. Thoroughly polluted and side gaited upon asking permission to board, the swab on duty replied: Well im glad to see you made it this far Marine and hate to send you back down but your on the wrong ship! We dont haul Marines.

--->Dave

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-08-07, 07:42 AM
1. I don't think we're set up to have a different title for candidates. But, then I don't know if you need one. You're not lower than a poolee, you're both near the bottom- but ahead of all of those that haven't decided to serve. You've already shown you have more than most.

2. Boots are boots. Any quality boots will do the job, and no matter what you do you will not be able to have a properly broken in pair when you get to OCS. If the brand of boots are that important, I am sure we can find the information for you though.

3. We don't have a too many Marines stationed in the UK, so that may be difficult to do. If you happen to be near a location where there are Marines you may be able to get someone to monitor your PFT. And I am sure that your OSO would be more than willing to accept a Royal Marine as an official monitor for your PFT. But, in all honesty, you're going to be an officer of Marines. You should be trusted to report your own numbers with honesty and accuracy. If I were your OSO I would be happy to accept your word about your PFT scores. If you can't be trusted to tell me how long it took to run 3 miles I couldn't trust you with the possibility of leading Marines into harms way.

MavreenS
08-08-07, 09:27 AM
SlingerDun, excellent story. The sailor must've recognized that you were a Marine on a mission.

Now, as it has been explained to me there is a difference between a "Nasty Candidates" and a Poolee. Nasties are the whale-**** on the bottom of the ocean until the day they get pinned. Poolees as soon as they ship and become Recruits and are slightly above the whale-****.

My OSO recommended that I begin training in Bellevilles or Bates ASAP since those are what they issue to Candidates and the sooner I get used to moving around in boots, the better off I will be. I asked her about other brands, such as Danners, but she insisted to stick with what they issue.

I update my OSO weekly on my run times and crunches, but the results I report are considered unofficial and are just for my OSO/A to track my progress. A Candidate can send updated PFT results to the board to be added to their package. In order for those results to be considered "official", the PFT must be monitored for proper form and safety.

Cheers Marines!

MotivatorJames
08-08-07, 09:39 AM
MavreenS,

I went to 1st increment this summer at OCS and you WILL be able to bring your own pair of broken in boots, just as long as they are either ICBs or Jungles. We were issued BATES ICBs and Belleville Jungles. If I were you I would buy a pair of the ICBs, they do get a lot hotter due to the gore tex lining but they have much more cushion/support for the humps. Just my $.02.

SlingerDun
08-08-07, 03:53 PM
My OSO recommended that I begin training in Bellevilles or Bates ASAP since those are what they issue to Candidates and the sooner I get used to moving around in boots, the better off I will be. John Newberry custom boot maker reccomended filling your lace up boots full of scaulding hot water let it penetrate the material some, dump the water pull on the boot, lace up tight and go for a walk it will hasten break in time. I tried it on a pair of 18inch topped lace up packer boots he had custom built like a tank and it did make a difference. On another thread it was reccomended to soak boots in a bucket of water for a day, i haven't gone that far but i would be damn sure they were quality boots and laced up tight as i've seen cheaper and loose fitting saturated boots roll over at the welt especially the heel area. Most of us have less than perfect leg conformation and a way of traveling that creates uneven wear patterns throughout the boot. If its soft cheapo construction its gonna fold.

Beware the Chinese boot! most are simply junk footwear even some with old time names founded on quality that used to be built in the USA and elsewhere. Generations of hard work and family names ruined.

I've worn out alot of hikers and field boots and have decided to go with the lightest most breathable unlined boot that still provides ankle support. I dont want hot sweaty feet, i've had that and it takes my mind off what im doing sometimes to the point its hard to block out or crippling.

If boots feel cranky or are cutting into you and you dont care to soak them, a liberal coating of Vaseline inside on the stress points will soften them up and ease abrasion. It feels a bit gooey though much more foregiving than angry corns and supporating blisters

--->Dave

immaproshooter
08-08-07, 06:28 PM
im not familiar with the others but bates and dannders are what i am familiar with bates you dont break the boots in...lol you breka your feet into the boot...the boots dont give.....and if you want to train with boots danders are really comfortable but heavier......and with the bates you have your gortex(all weather boots) and then your jungles.....the way you tell the diference is that the jngles have breathing holes in them..they are also lighter then wearing the all weather...for obvious reasons....i run all the time in my gortex boots......helps keep me some what in shape lol and soo much easier when putting running shoes on to go faster then with boots n utes.....

immaproshooter
08-08-07, 06:34 PM
and as far as the soaking the boots...iv enever heard that helping out..but will say with the ITBs ive never had a problem with them and my feet.....as far as them getting soaked...trust me when i say they can be soaked for a few days while wearing them and still stand jsut fine....lol sucks while wearing them and your woodlands are just weighing you down and your flak is full of watter sappys that are busted open and filled with water and duece gear pouches filling up with water as well and not to mention the Abag for your SAW drenched and weighin you down....but none the less ill stop drifting off topic....the boots stand up.....but if you hump alot.....get danders later on....they work pretty good....they will run ya like 200 or so though......not the cheapest but they are worth it on humps.....jsut for the running and training though...get ITBs..they dont breathe as easy but they sure do give you the work out on runs....

Marine84
08-08-07, 08:17 PM
Sorry honey - I haven't worn a pair of boots (hiking OR combat) in 19 years. I only had to run in a pair one time and that was in bootcamp - in the fleet, I was on the Wing side and worked in a Maintenance Squadron so it was steel toed.

I'm more of a stockings and heels girl but, I can handle a M16!

JCam0331
08-08-07, 08:27 PM
Candidate Smiel requests permission to come aboard from the Marines of this forum.

This candidate is slated for OCC-199 in September of 2008 and her package is being handled the Albany, NY OSO. This candidate holds a A.B. cum laude from William Smith College in Religious Studies and Classical Greek and will earn her M.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. This candidate hopes to move into Intelligence, either Signals or Air, after TBS and hopes to attain the Foreign Area Officer designation.

The two biggest impacts upon this candidate's life and decision to join the U.S. Marine Corps were her grandmother, a patriot and avid supporter of the United States Marine Corps, and her grandmother's cousin, Michael Benardo, a Marine who served on Iwo Jima and acted as this candidate's grandfather.

Ooorah Candidate !!!! I'm slated for the PLC-C Class next summer (I don't know what the number is haha)

You don't need to talk in third person !! We're not at boot camp or OCS here !!

I'm a member of MarineOCS.com as well I was going to recommend that site and have on numerous occassions. Semper Fi and hope to serve together as Officers of Marines in the near future !!

JCam0331
08-08-07, 08:29 PM
Everyday when I wake-up, I find another reason the love the Marines and the men and women that claim that title. Sparkie, you gave me my reason for today. Just because Marines are all about the winning wars, doesn't mean that they cannot expand their horizons.

One thing that I have learned in my life is that Marine NCOs and SNCOs are the lifeblood of the Corps. They have seen it all, done it all, and for the most part, retained their humor and humanity. I have such incredible respect for all Marines, but I have a soft spot for (S)NCOs. Even tho I will eventually outrank them, I will be their student in many ways and I will know I have achieved my goal, to be an Officer of Marines, the day I earn their respect. Not one day sooner.

Candidate you motivate me to no end !!!

sparkie
08-08-07, 08:31 PM
It's officers in Marines,,, Not officers of Marines. Get over it. Fragging is still an option. Mebbie your head is a little too big. Last I heard, we work together.JC

JCam0331
08-08-07, 08:35 PM
Well, I'm glad someone likes me. However, I am still a "Nasty Candidate" for another year.

Anyhoo, I've got a couple questions for you Marines here.

1. Is there a way that someone could change my "title" from DEP/Poolee to "Nasty Candidate" or "Officer Candidate". From what I've heard, I'm lower than a Poolee.

Not that I know of on this website. I know you are being humble but you are not lower than a poolee, that is for sure. Officer Candidates make E-5 pay while Recruits are paid as E-1, while all Candidates have completed or are in the process of completing a bachelor's degree, and upon graduation will be commissioned Marine Officers, while new recruits become usually Privates or PFCs. I don't see how a Candidate can be lower than a Poolee.

2. This is more for the female Marines running around. Have you found an accurate size conversion for Belleville boots from men's to women's sizes. I want to start hiking in boots to get used to them before OCS.

Cant help ya there...

3. As you can tell by my location, I'm going to be heading to the UK very shortly. I want to keep my OSO and the Gunny in the loop on my PFTs. Do you think I could run PFT with Marines stationed there or could a Royal Marine officiate in their place?

Cheers Marines!

No clue, all I know is that when I ran the PFT for my OSO it had to be supervised by a SNCO or above. It doesn't matter if it was a boot 2nd Lt out of OCS, (which I had supervised on of my official PFTs)...but PFTs signed off by Pvt-Sgt are no good (my buddy put in his package with a PFT signed off by his Sergeant he was told to do a new one)

JCam0331
08-08-07, 08:46 PM
It's officers in Marines,,, Not officers of Marines. Get over it. Fragging is still an option. Mebbie your head is a little too big. Last I heard, we work together.JC

Do you refer to yourself a Sergeant OF Marines or a Sergeant in the Marines?

MavreenS
08-08-07, 08:50 PM
I'm more of a stockings and heels girl but, I can handle a M16!

I'll tell you this, Ma'am, that's the one thing that makes me a bit nervous. I know the Marines will teach me everything, but how can I look my Marines in the eye if I have a "pizza box" on my coat? But, that's useless worry and it's a long ways away.

JCam, hopefully we will run into each other out in the fleet. I decided I would play by the book for the intro and bust out the third person, just to show proper respect and practice for when I've got an SI in my face. Best of luck with PLC-C, but I'm sure we'll talk plenty before you ship.

sparkie
08-08-07, 08:55 PM
I was a sargent IN the marines.... WTF... Get over it. you think I could never listen to a private, or what? JC..... you are trouble... Where does your brain reside? Don't even harrass me. I can hunt you down. From what Iv'e seen.... I do not yet like you.

JCam0331
08-08-07, 08:55 PM
I'll tell you this, Ma'am, that's the one thing that makes me a bit nervous. I know the Marines will teach me everything, but how can I look my Marines in the eye if I have a "pizza box" on my coat? But, that's useless worry and it's a long ways away.

JCam, hopefully we will run into each other out in the fleet. I decided I would play by the book for the intro and bust out the third person, just to show proper respect and practice for when I've got an SI in my face. Best of luck with PLC-C, but I'm sure we'll talk plenty before you ship.

dude you are squared away !!!

seriously though its not hard to shoot expert...a candidate of your caliber (obviously motivated and extremely intelligent) should shoot nothing but expert.

If a recruit right out of high school with a 32 on the ASVAB can grasp the fundamentals of marksmanship, so can you. Don't sweat it. Besides, in boot camp our drill instructors told us that females usually shoot better...I don't remember why but they said that.

Its really really cool to see another candidate on this forum so forgive me if I'm excited !

JCam0331
08-08-07, 08:58 PM
I was a sargent IN the marines.... WTF... Get over it. you think I could never listen to a private, or what? JC..... you are trouble... Where does your brain reside? Don't even harrass me. I can hunt you down. From what Iv'e seen.... I do not yet like you.

Want a T-shirt?

http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Grunt/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=TS355&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D17%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tre e%3D%2CT%2DShirts&HSLB=False&mscssid=00731C58A40C44591A820F3E40C12B86

Marine84
08-08-07, 09:04 PM
Besides, in boot camp our drill instructors told us that females usually shoot better...I don't remember why but they said that.

Cause we're a whole lot easier to teach than you knotheads - most women have never shot anything bigger than a SNS IF that. It's easier to teach someone to shoot it than to break somebody's habits.

Its really really cool to see another candidate on this forum so forgive me if I'm excited !

You should really get out more.

JCam0331
08-08-07, 09:08 PM
Cause we're a whole lot easier to teach than you knotheads - most women have never shot anything bigger than a SNS IF that. It's easier to teach someone to shoot it than to break somebody's habits.

You should really get out more.

1. What about us city boys who have never shot anything other than a paintball gun before we joined the Marines?

2. lol thanks jerkstore, will do :-)

MavreenS
08-08-07, 09:09 PM
dude you are squared away !!!

seriously though its not hard to shoot expert...a candidate of your caliber (obviously motivated and extremely intelligent) should shoot nothing but expert.

If a recruit right out of high school with a 32 on the ASVAB can grasp the fundamentals of marksmanship, so can you. Don't sweat it. Besides, in boot camp our drill instructors told us that females usually shoot better...I don't remember why but they said that.

Well I'm glad you're happy to see another candidate here. What is making me uneasy is that you're second guessing a NCO. One thing I've learned is that when an NCO is wrong or mistaken, you privately discuss it with them and don't incense them further with a comment that can be construed as sarcastic. In your case, you respectfully disagree. Something like that will not fly at OCS. Even when an SI is wrong, they are 200% right.

I, for the record, have heard it both ways. Officer of Marines or Sergeant of Marines, whatever, is a bit more formal. Nevertheless, everyone from the lowest Private to the Commandant himself is a Marine.

sparkie
08-08-07, 09:12 PM
Want me to stuff a T shirt down your throat JC? Your startin to pi** me off. And I'm not alone. It's called Gung Ho ,Ever worked together? I didn't think so,,, snot nose.

JCam0331
08-08-07, 09:41 PM
You're pretty formal and I respect that. I really do. As for me, I really see no rank on the internet. But I will try to be more respectful. <br />
<br />
Marines I worked with always referred to themselves as...

sparkie
08-08-07, 09:46 PM
It was always Green,,,, Guess you don't get it ...Semantics is top priority for some few..

MavreenS
08-08-07, 10:02 PM
You're right. I am formal because the job requires it on many levels. Officers are expected to have a certain decorum and the formality and composure shows that they trust and respect their NCOs to...

JCam0331
08-08-07, 10:17 PM
You're right. I am formal because the job requires it on many levels. Officers are expected to have a certain decorum and the formality and composure shows that they trust and respect their NCOs to get the job done. My friends and peers know me and that I am actually very laid back and easy going. However, when it comes to discussing my future in the Marines or my academic work, I am all business.

I am also more formal online because no one can hear the tone of your voice or your intent behind them. Being a bit more formal tends to prevent ambiguity and problems with interpretation.

I personally disagree and this is my personal opinion only and some POed SI will probably square me away next summer...lol

I think there is a certain point where you can carry the formality too far and come off as unapproachable.

I know having spent time as a junior Marine that sometimes Marines with a few rockers and especially Marine Officers can come off as downright intimidating.

I want to be approachable to my men. I want to be the platoon commander where a Private can come up to me and say: hey Lieutenant, I've got a question about...(whatever) can you give me some advice?

Famed Chinese military theorist Sun Tzu once said - " Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley."

If you were a father, would you require strict formality of your sons? Negative. Your relationship would be one based on love, trust, compassion and respect.

I believe that any leader, NCO or Officer that has achieved that rapport with his/her troops will achieve the pinnicle of leadership ability.

MavreenS
08-08-07, 10:32 PM
Here, let me clarify. My leadership philosophy is very much "Lead from the front" and I will lead my Marines as I myself would want to be led. With understanding, respect, and a firm hand that knows when to let go. However, you need to balance that approachability with command presence, etc., etc. I guess it'll be a big experiment until I find the balance that works for me and my future Marines.

Marine84
08-08-07, 11:02 PM
You go Girl!

Chumley
08-09-07, 08:39 AM
The last time I qual'ed at the range, a WM E-5 shot 249...highest that week.

MavreenS - You will rock as an Officer - you've quite a solid brain housing group! Trust in yourself and secure your emotions and you will not falter.

SFi
C

JCam0331
08-09-07, 09:17 AM
249 ???!!!!! how the heck??

Oh yeah, I just found out PLC-C is the same as OCC-198 so I'll be the class before you. Ooorah.

immaproshooter
08-09-07, 09:24 AM
Jcam what do you mean how the heck...lol 249 out of 250 isnt impossible..its not common but it aint immpossible

Chumley
08-09-07, 09:44 AM
If the point assignment has changed, the score might not make sense today. 250 was perfect then.

JCam0331
08-09-07, 09:58 AM
Jcam what do you mean how the heck...lol 249 out of 250 isnt impossible..its not common but it aint immpossible

she hit in the black every single shot except one. I'm an expert shot but a 249...I think thats way tougher than getting a 300 PFT.

Chumley
08-09-07, 10:23 AM
True story.

MavreenS
08-09-07, 02:57 PM
Damn. Well, that score is certainly Moto, but if i know what was going through her head it was "Sh!t, I missed one".

Chumley, thank you for your kind words. Now all I need to do is get Mom on board for me being a M.O. and everything will be good to go.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-09-07, 03:03 PM
MavreenS, I promise that is what was going through her head. When I shot a 245 with a clear miss at the 500. I couldn't believe I managed to miss the entire target. I'm sure she felt the same way, but at least her miss still got her 4 points.

SlingerDun
08-09-07, 03:46 PM
...jsut for the running and training though...get ITBs..they dont breathe as easy but they sure do give you the work out on runs....When the time comes for recruit and candidate and whoever to run on hard ground in heavy boots then you just do it. You get it done, but its not a good training method if you dont have to do it. hiking with a load is different, its lower impact more foregiving on your body. Your not training for an MMA match your training for a career. For the majority who dont make it a career you will still have to live in your body long after the Marine Corps has had its way and got its money's worth out of you. Think prophylactic training, it will pay off after decades of hard miles. Even with the way things are going in this world, believe it or not you just might survive past prime.

--->Dave

Chumley
08-09-07, 10:12 PM
MavreenS,

Live your life for you first - you can't take care of anyone until you take care of you. Mom may not like it, but she knows your right. She won't be able to be proud of you until you are proud of you. She'll be fine. Life is too short to worry. Just smile when you come home!

SFi
C

jpal3451
08-11-07, 01:27 PM

WTF? .............

jpal3451
08-11-07, 01:27 PM

WTF? .............

jpal3451
08-11-07, 01:30 PM
The last time I qual'ed at the range, a WM E-5 shot 249...highest that week.

MavreenS - You will rock as an Officer - you've quite a solid brain housing group! Trust in yourself and secure your emotions and you will not falter.

SFi
C

that is because in the fleet you tend to get hooked up on the range.........i personally doubt she shot a legit 249. just my opinion, i obv wasn't there.

MavreenS
08-11-07, 02:19 PM
WTF? .............

I was formally introducing myself the way an Officer Candidate does at OCS and out of respect for the Marines on this forum. This leaves me with one question, Marine. Why the "wtf"?

Chumley
08-11-07, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure why you're so shocked here Jpal?? On nice shooting days, with little to no wind, friendly clouds, and overall everything going well, this is almost easy if you're focused. I assure you, there were no "hook-ups". It was a full range that week. WM's tended to learn shooting fundamentals very well. Not only is this possible but happens all the time. You'll see....unless you're a shaky jake?

:nerd:

JCam0331
08-12-07, 08:23 PM
WTF? .............

You don't know what an Officer Candidate is?

Its like a poolee/recruit except she gets hooked up with E-5 pay during training and when she graduates she's a Lieutenant, not a Private.

jpal3451
08-15-07, 07:53 PM
because you aren't there, and this is the internet. sure, show respect and what not where it is due, but you just look like a moron all talkin in 3rd person and whatnot. You'll have plenty of time to talk in the third person like a machine or something when the time comes. Untill then, work hard and relax.... Thats just my opinion though.

sparkie
08-15-07, 08:00 PM
Respect and What not? Stand down, Jpal. WTF?

jpal3451
08-15-07, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure why you're so shocked here Jpal?? On nice shooting days, with little to no wind, friendly clouds, and overall everything going well, this is almost easy if you're focused. I assure you, there were no "hook-ups". It was a full range that week. WM's tended to learn shooting fundamentals very well. Not only is this possible but happens all the time. You'll see....unless you're a shaky jake?

:nerd:

I guess maybe I am, I am a marksman, hopefully I will improve this year on the range, I was just not accustomed to seeing 249s.

immaproshooter
08-15-07, 11:14 PM
I guess maybe I am, I am a marksman, hopefully I will improve this year on the range, I was just not accustomed to seeing 249s.

lol..not accustomed to seeing 249's?......you are actin as if you have been in the Corps for many years and in actuality less then a year......don't be so suprised about those things Jpal........the impossible isnt always that......:marine:

JCam0331
08-16-07, 08:28 AM
lol..not accustomed to seeing 249's?......you are actin as if you have been in the Corps for many years and in actuality less then a year......don't be so suprised about those things Jpal........the impossible isnt always that......:marine:

249 my rear unless she was Carlos Hathcock reborn.

yeah freaking hooking eachother up in the butts. Everytime I'm in the butts I get villified as a "Buddy F-er" because I flat out refuse to hook anyone up.

Ooops - you unq'ed?? Well, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SHOOT MARINE !! Isn't every Marine a rifleman??

immaproshooter
08-16-07, 09:03 AM
lol..ya "every Marine is a rifleman first".......but when you are talkin to grunts that doesnt have the same meaning.....lol

immaproshooter
08-16-07, 09:05 AM
but i do agree its not col to hook people up like that....tthey should get their buts out there n practice more......

SlingerDun
08-17-07, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure why you're so shocked here Agree, while firing alot makes more noise and smoke and snapping in creates habitual positions it does not neccesarily build an accurate marskmen, without awareness and skill assessment. Some people have to work hard and concentrate on many variables for every well placed round while others just naturaly take to the rifle or the pistola. Still others cast a fly between boulders with deadly accuracy or split an apple with an arrow even without "proper" training. If a new shooter is punching holes in the black with every round squeezed off they may have a gift for transfering classroom to field or they simply "get it"

--->Dave

jpal3451
08-18-07, 12:25 AM
Respect and What not? Stand down, Jpal. WTF?

what not being courtesy.

jpal3451
08-18-07, 12:32 AM
I will clarify --

I worked at a range for two weeks on a working party while I was in forming for MOS school and did not see one person including PMI's that had to qualify get over a 240. When I went to the range in the fleet the high that week was a 238. Obv it isn't impossible, I only said I was not accustomed to seeing it in the time that I've spent on ranges.

immaproshooter
08-18-07, 12:34 AM
ahh...gotcha...didnt know you spent a couple weeks at the ranges.....my bad bro

jpal3451
08-18-07, 12:53 AM
what not being courtesy.

lemme clarify that so no one is offended.

when I said "What not" I meant courtesy towards whoever rates it from her. whether the person is a Marine or not. When I said "WTF?!?" That was pretty much exactly what I would say if someone walked up to me in person and spoke like that. Maybe for the bulliten board purpose, ok, thats cool, I guess it went over my head ... But i'm basically tellin her that she can be respectfull without talkin like that. There's a time and place for it, and to me, it aint when you're home sittin on the computer before you even go to bootcamp or ocs ...... So I said work hard and relax. Relax as in don't be so uptight, there is a time and place for it, and there will be more than enough of it. This is all my opinion, and honestly I realy don't care to argue with folks over the net, so if I offended anyone just shoot me a msg.

Chumley
08-30-07, 09:16 AM
jpal3451
My bad for berating you with the shaky-jake comment.
SFi
C