PDA

View Full Version : Good ridens Jacksonville, NC.......

immaproshooter
08-03-07, 03:04 AM
so im finally home after training...no longer in Jacksonville...and it feels great to be away from that place......but ITB was fun.....lol

Kegler300
08-03-07, 05:56 AM
You'll be back...

thedrifter
08-03-07, 05:59 AM
You'll be back...

;)

You didn't find the right things to do...;)

Ellie

DWG
08-03-07, 06:19 AM
You didn't find the right things to do...;)

Ellie

You must not be putting out enough flyers Ellie! :D

Phantom Blooper
08-03-07, 06:28 AM
Grass is always greener over the septic tank.

Been in Jacksonville...Onslow county for 28 years and have always found something to do. It's how you look at it and how you manage it. Any duty station,any clime or place you can claim that its the pits and nothing to do...something strange 90% of my circle are retiree's and veterans and left the old birthplace to live here and push up clover here. If theres nothing to do you ain't looking in the right places.:evilgrin:

thedrifter
08-03-07, 06:41 AM
Grass is always greener over the septic tank.

Been in Jacksonville...Onslow county for 28 years and have always found something to do. It's how you look at it and how you manage it. Any duty station,any clime or place you can claim that its the pits and nothing to do...something strange 90% of my circle are retiree's and veterans and left the old birthplace to live here and push up clover here. If theres nothing to do you ain't looking in the right places.:evilgrin:

Chuck You said it in a nutshell....

You must not be putting out enough flyers Ellie!

I told mark not to send them out by mail..:D

Ellie

thedrifter
08-03-07, 06:51 AM
See what you are missing......;)

North Carolina base holding beach party for single Marines

Associated Press - August 3, 2007 6:45 AM ET

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (AP) - Camp Lejeune is hosting a beach party this weekend for single Marines and the public.

The base's Single Marine Program hosts the party all day tomorrow at Onslow Beach, the recreational beach on the base.

Activities include a muscle contest, tug of war and volleyball.

The even is called Sand Jam and is free and open to the public.

Ellie

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-03-07, 07:29 AM
When I got to NC I hated the place. It never became my favorite, but it isn't horrible. You're close to the beach, Willmington and Greenville are college towns that aren't too far away, you can get to the triangle without too much dificulty, and the weather is decent. Things could always be worse, you could have been in 29 Palms for the summer (Which I was for every summer 1995-1999)

Marine84
08-03-07, 08:26 AM
You couldn't find anything to do in Jacksonville? Geez, you must be hard to please dude!

davblay
08-03-07, 10:11 AM
Hell I had a ball there in 1969 and 1971. Always something to do, and a lot of it was free. Of course you had the STRIP, but you had to be careful there with your money, The Cops used to love messing with us, but over all, It was a nice town to party and have fun.

You must have stayed on base or got with the wrong crowd!

immaproshooter
08-03-07, 10:26 AM
well its not tht i really couldnt find anything...it was more there being a student in ITB sucked....im sure if i was stationed around there it would have been better but not bein able to d much doesnt help one like the area that much

Phantom Blooper
08-03-07, 10:28 AM
The 2nd Front is gone and a bypass runs thru town now. Court Street is shut down NO more bars. Gone is Jazzland & all the bars names I forgot.

Mostly,county,lawyers and plenty of bondsman. Geiger gate is shut down and entrance is at the MCAS.

There is alot to do. Age appropriate... Even in a persons hometown...hick or big city.Theres nothing so just join the Marines and see the world.:banana:

yellowwing
08-03-07, 11:12 AM
See what you are missing......;)

North Carolina base holding beach party for single Marines

Associated Press - August 3, 2007 6:45 AM ET

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (AP) - Camp Lejeune is hosting a beach party this weekend for single Marines and the public.

The base's Single Marine Program hosts the party all day tomorrow at Onslow Beach, the recreational beach on the base.

Activities include a muscle contest, tug of war and volleyball.

The even is called Sand Jam and is free and open to the public.

Ellie
Wow! They are just rinnging a big 'ole dinner bell for 'cougars' and husband hunters! :scared:

Dave Coup
08-03-07, 11:49 AM
Oh MY God! Speedo's, The Rathskeller? Eight Ball Gone? I have a lot of memories of those places. Me and three other guys used to bring $5-10 each on Sat afternoon and get mildly hammered on 3.2 draft beer and then eat Lasagna wwith all the hot fresh bread we could eat in some little Italian Restaurant there.
As to other things to do someone else mentioned the beaches, there's also great hunting and fishing.

I had a great time there and that was '70-71.

SF

Dave

Camper51
08-03-07, 11:58 AM
I was there for two years in the mid 70's and never lacked for something to do. I used to get a canoe from special services and go canoeing up the New River hunting snakes, turtles and such. Only time I ever went downtown was to bail dumb sh*ts out of jail. There was always something going on. I was a scout troop leader for a troop on base and got to know a lot of brass (through their sons). Went camping all the time and in general I had a great time and great memories ....

mrbsox
08-03-07, 12:16 PM
78/79
Don't think there WAS a by-pass.
'Siagon-Sams' just out of town.
At the end of Court street (high crawl distance to the bus stop) was 'THE CASTAWAY LOUNGE', with a light house tower at the door. Buffalo ran the door and kept the place pretty quiet. All you could drink PBR for like $5 or something.

Me and my Bro got a trailer off base ($125 a month) so we could stay away from the riff-raff and enjoy our liberty time, without worring about getting into the middle of a bunch of drunk Jarheads.

Ahhhh yes.... the good ole' days !!

xdirufilth
08-03-07, 02:10 PM
Ha, I was born in Onslow County Hospital and lived in Camp Lejeune / MCAS New River a couple times growing up; I can honestly say I miss that place; so i hope to see it soon as a Marine this time.