PDA

View Full Version : Poolees Help A Worthy Warrior

jinelson
07-26-07, 07:42 AM
As promised we have come up with a way that any of us that wish to can help replace Pvt Arathuzik's dress blues so that he may be buried in them if that comes to pass. He has about two more weeks of chemotherapy after which the doctors have stated that there is nothing more that they can do for him. Tim has fooled them before as he has been read the last rights twice, come out of a coma they said he would not and survived a year and a half of very aggressive chemotherapy and treatments. Tim underwent a steroid treatment that caused him to out grow the blues that his Senior Drill Instructor presented him with. His mother requested information on how she might replace his blues as Tim indicated his wish to buried in them as a Marine.

Sergeant Tilley a Marine recruiter at RSS Worcester has graciously agreed to purchase the blues and present them to Tim's family. He has told me that the approximate costs would be about $200.00 for the blouse and $100.00 for the trousers. There would also be a UPS or FedEx fee for shipping from Camp Pendleton where his wife will purchase them to Massachusettes. Ellie will send Sgt. Tilley a check once we have collected sufficient donations. If we have any funds left over I asked that she use them for flowers if and when Tim passes on.

If you wish to help in this mission join me in sending a small donation to thedrifter at;

Eleanor S. Schallow and/or Mark Schallow

755 Grace Street

Jacksonville, NC. 28546-5120

We take care of our own and we leave no Marine behind and to that tradition I have no doubt that we will accomplish this mission. Thank You

Semper Fi

Jim

Pvt. Timothy Arathuzik News Article on USMC.mil and Leatherneck.com

http://www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/ac95bc775efc34c685256ab50049d458/59582efb93baafc385256feb004c356f?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,Arathuzik

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27739

bgsuwoody
07-26-07, 07:51 AM
Check will be in the mail this evening Jim. Thanks again!

yellowwing
07-26-07, 08:33 AM
For those that want a printable version of SSgt Nelson's post for their RS's, I have posted: Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf (http://www.ywg-web.com/Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf)

Right click on the Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf (http://www.ywg-web.com/Pvt_Arathuzik.rtf) link and either select Print Target or Save Target As...

bgsuwoody
07-26-07, 10:54 AM
Bump!

thedrifter
07-26-07, 10:57 AM
I'll make it a Sticky for you instead of bumping up....

Ellie

Justin493
07-26-07, 11:07 AM
Payday tomorrow. Check will be inbound.

bgsuwoody
07-26-07, 12:28 PM
My check is sent, hopefully it gets there ASAP! Thanks again!

KittyRina
07-26-07, 12:44 PM
I don't know much about money orders or anything, but can I send a money order? or wire some money? I get paid today at 1400.

bgsuwoody
07-26-07, 12:52 PM
Money order is just like a purchased check. You would go to the store and give them the amount of money plus a fee (less than 1 dollar) and then you write it to whomever and sign it. You can ask them at the counter, they will be more than willing to help, and then just send it like a check.

KittyRina
07-26-07, 01:01 PM
Money order is just like a purchased check. You would go to the store and give them the amount of money plus a fee (less than 1 dollar) and then you write it to whomever and sign it. You can ask them at the counter, they will be more than willing to help, and then just send it like a check.

Cool. Thanks woody!:D

My money order will be in the mail by this evening. :)

davblay
07-26-07, 01:57 PM
bump

Jdncowboy
07-26-07, 09:49 PM
My check will be in the mail first thing in the morning.

HurricaneRJ
07-26-07, 09:52 PM
I have nothing to offer at the moment, I'm barely making it myself with my budget. My brother was interested in the story and I'll see if he will donate some.

Kildars
07-26-07, 11:53 PM
How much are we at? I will send some money.

davblay
07-27-07, 12:17 AM
How much are we at? I will send some money.

How much we are at is not the question or the point here Poolee! As posted by Jinelson the overage will be used for flowers if and when they are needed for this Marine! If you want to give---give, it doesn't matter how much we have pledged so far! Let it be known that the total amount for the Blues will be covered as I have told the Drifter that i will donate the difference if it is short!

I never met this Poolee and I hope I will have the pleasure one day to do so, but If GOD calls him home before me, I want him wearing those Dress Blues when I do meet him in the here after! Nave has a Poolee ever given more to the Corps than this fine young man!

If all you active Poolees will send as little as 1 dollar, it will go a long way to help us meet our goal.

cdogg0311
07-27-07, 05:55 AM
jinelson, tell how much you need and i will send it no matter how much it is. i have no price tag for a fellow devil dog.

cdogg0311
07-27-07, 06:02 AM
where is he getting his treatment at? is he still in the D.C. area

thedrifter
07-30-07, 06:36 PM
Wanted to Thank the Marines and One Special Poolee that I just received some money that was sent for Tim.....

Ellie

davblay
07-31-07, 01:28 PM
Ellie, if you haven't done got my check you should today or tomorrow. My mail service takes four days to mail a letter next door, seriously!

If you are short when the time comes, PM me and I will Send you what you need.

Semper Fi, Ellie, Jim, and all my brothers and sisters.

futuremarine129
07-31-07, 04:56 PM
Could I just mail cash?

Jdncowboy
07-31-07, 07:13 PM
I mailed mine last friday, so it should already be there or hopefully be there by tomorrow.

KittyRina
07-31-07, 11:33 PM
My M.O is FINALLY in the mail. It will go out tomorrow morning, and should get there in a few days. sorry for the wait ellie!

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-01-07, 07:11 AM
I have been out of town and this is the first I've seen of this. Jim or Ellie, please send me a PM of what is needed and I will send the check.

thedrifter
08-01-07, 02:53 PM
Mark and I want to Thank All the Marines and poolees for all the monies we have received....

The personal notes to Mark and I a great touch for us to read...We appreciated them....

I will use one of the quotes from one of those letters...

This is what the Marine Corps is All about...BROTHERHOOD....

Thank You All

Ellie and Mark

jinelson
08-06-07, 07:18 AM
Mission Accomplished we received enough donations to get Pvt Ararthuzik another set of Blues. I will be coordinating with Ellie and Sgt Tilley to get it done today. I want to thank all those that gave it showed that we are truly a community of Marines helping Marines. The family is truly gratefull, I almost lost it when Mrs Arathuzik asked me if they had to return the set that Tims Senior Drill Instructor presented him from his command. Im sure that we will get a thank you note from Tims mom and I will post it here.

Semper Fi

Jim

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-06-07, 07:47 AM
That is fantastic. Once again, I'll hold my head a little higher today. This truly is an amazing brotherhood~ I wish I could step back in time and do it all over again.

KittyRina
08-07-07, 12:03 AM
OUTSTANDING!! Good job Marines and Poolees and Wannabes!! :)

davblay
08-07-07, 07:13 AM
Mission Accomplished we received enough donations to get Pvt Ararthuzik another set of Blues. I will be coordinating with Ellie and Sgt Tilley to get it done today. I want to thank all those that gave it showed that we are truly a community of Marines helping Marines. The family is truly gratefull, I almost lost it when Mrs Arathuzik asked me if they had to return the set that Tims Senior Drill Instructor presented him from his command. Im sure that we will get a thank you note from Tims mom and I will post it here.

Semper Fi

Jim

Jim I hope you told that kind lady to keep them and make a shadow box for him out of them. Something he will be proud of and the family can look at and remember him by.

Semper Fi, Jim and congrats on a job well done.