PDA

View Full Version : Poolee Hike!

pezzman
07-21-07, 04:29 PM
So I just got back from the poolee function. This time we went to a state park and humped 7 and some miles with packs. I had the privellage of wearing a flak jacket and we all had two flack jackets in the pack. So I was humpin' it with 3 flacks while everyone else was carrying two. Why? Because 3 of the 5 Marines (all recruiters) said i'd never make it. And although AFTER we finished I got pretty light headed, dizzy, and now have a massive headache. I pushed through pain in my calves and dug in and got it done. Didn't fall back once. It was pretty motivational. For everyone else too. And MAN was that flack COVERED in sweat. It was litterally dripping off of it. Good times! I love it. Sgt. Brown pulled most of us through with some bad *** cadences. Other than that, it was all MOTIVATION and DEDICATION.

p.s. there was some other things carried in the packs to. day pack, waters, MRE's, etc.

STOP OVERRIDING THE CENSOR>>>>WINKY WINK

ELLIE

Marine84
07-21-07, 10:09 PM
Glad you had a good time - make sure you drink A LOT of water - you'll sleep good as hell tonight and be BONE POPPIN' ACHEY tomorrow. Ain't it AMAZING what adreneline will do for you especially if you hear somebody tell you that you CAN'T make it! Good job!

Justin493
07-22-07, 12:11 AM
Way to tear it up. :thumbup:

jinelson
07-22-07, 12:46 AM
OORAH!!!

Jim

bgsuwoody
07-22-07, 12:52 AM
Hell yeah, finally some stories about determination and personal achievement instead of complaining about others. I'm loving your style pezz. No poolee function for me today. Quarry w/ hot girls then shooting the AR-15, M1 Garand, the new Glock, and of course we broke out the mortars tonight lol...and the brew of course. 2 weeks...Can't wait till tomorrow meeting up with Justin493 to have a good time ;)

jetdoc
07-22-07, 09:38 AM
Cool stuff poolee crew. That whole poolee deal is a good program, running, gatherings and such. It keeps you guys focused on the Marines while in the DEP. I was in the DEP for over a year but they didn't have poolees back then. I would just hump over to the recruiters office and hang out and talk and whatnot. Guess that was during the "pre-poolee" days, lol.

Woody, good post.

pezzman
07-22-07, 09:52 AM
Cool stuff poolee crew. That whole poolee deal is a good program, running, gatherings and such. It keeps you guys focused on the Marines while in the DEP. I was in the DEP for over a year but they didn't have poolees back then. I would just hump over to the recruiters office and hang out and talk and whatnot. Guess that was during the "pre-poolee" days, lol.

Woody, good post.

Oh yeah I spend so much time at the office. Poolees and recruiters really become good friends. We go out together, eat lunch, watch movies, sit and talk **** and learn about the Corps all day. It's great.

Marine84
07-22-07, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah I spend so much time at the office. Poolees and recruiters really become good friends. We go out together, eat lunch, watch movies, sit and talk **** and learn about the Corps all day. It's great.

:confused: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different than MINE - I was in DEP for 9 months and I bet I didn't see that SOB 3 times before I left.

bgsuwoody
07-22-07, 10:35 AM
Pezz, I'm looking at your signature and I'm guessing your shipdate changed? However, good to see another Ohio boy around here. I spent a lot of time in the Dayton area as a kid because my mom was at Wright Patterson.

jetdoc
07-22-07, 10:48 AM
Cool Woody....I was the same way except for the offical functions and stuff. It was about 4/5 miles to the recruiters office, I would either jog, walk, ride my bike, or whatever to get down there. To me, just being around Marines was moto....I got PFC prior to going in just for referring some of my friends who came down and visited and stuff.

Kim, sound like you were real close to your recruter? lol. You know a good recruiter makes all the difference in the world. I still remember my recruiters name, Gunny Tiegent. He as a good guy.

Marine84
07-22-07, 02:26 PM
Jetdoc - I remember mine's name too - SGT (maybe SSGT) Manuel Pierre Beasley. I come from a pretty small town so the closest Recruiter's office was some 30 miles away. IF he DID have anything like that going on, he didn't say squat to me about it - I guess he thought I wasn't worth his time and that I would only drop out anyway - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! He didn't have to "sell" anything to me - all I wanted was IN the Corps and OUT of Union - the faster, the better. 9 months was the best he could do.

HurricaneRJ
07-22-07, 03:32 PM
I'm really good friends with the recruiters especially my NCOIC. They helped me fixed my jeep and sometimes they even give me gas money. Hell even my brother loves hanging around them. Some people never forget their DIs. I know I won't forget my recruiters.