PDA

View Full Version : 8th & I Pictures and more...

bgsuwoody
07-08-07, 07:11 PM
Here are the first of the pictures from the DC trip and 8th and I Barracks.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/bgsuwoody/DC%20Trip/23.jpg

The rest can be found at this link...
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/bgsuwoody/DC%20Trip/

Any questions about what things are just ask, I am going to try to title them, but I wanted to get them up here as soon as I could.

bgsuwoody
07-08-07, 07:33 PM
And here is Marine Corps Museum Pictures...
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/bgsuwoody/DC%20Trip/Marine%20Corps%20Museum/1.jpg

And more at this link...
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/bgsuwoody/DC%20Trip/Marine%20Corps%20Museum/

jetdoc
07-09-07, 05:14 PM
Good stuff Mike, thanks.

GriT
07-09-07, 07:50 PM
Awesome!

I went to the barracks back in 04. I don't think they do it anymore, haven't seen it in any videos or pics lately but in one part of the show they had a platoon come out in a sort of Marine continental uniform from way back when and performed a demonstration of fireing techniques that kept a constant barrage of fire on the enemy. They used blanks of course but it was one of the best parts of the show.

I definitly need to go back there some time. Thanks for the pics!

Books
07-10-07, 01:57 PM
I'm at Georgetown University right now and will be until the 27th. Where should I go to get tickets for one of their parades (or whatever they are called... demonstrations?). Any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.

SGTBrentG
07-10-07, 02:08 PM
I can't help you before the 27th, but I have tickets for the Evening Parade on Aug 3. Anyone who would like tickets, please PM me. I have 10 and I can not make it. I am now going the following week.

yellowwing
07-10-07, 02:53 PM
Great pics Woody :thumbup:

I didn't know you were such a large human being. You feel like humping a mortar or a M240G in Our Beloved Corps? Don't tell me your girlfriend is 4'11" :D

bgsuwoody
07-10-07, 07:10 PM
I'm at Georgetown University right now and will be until the 27th. Where should I go to get tickets for one of their parades (or whatever they are called... demonstrations?). Any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.

All the tickets are spoken for until next year. If you want to go I would wait outside around 6:00 until 8 on the corner of 8th and I. It is worth it. Almost everyone gets in, but my day was special becaue it was the 50th anniversary. That's all I can tell you.

Books
07-11-07, 02:41 PM
Tickets are not required in order to view the museum, correct?

bgsuwoody
07-11-07, 02:46 PM
Correct, but it is in Quantico/Triangle which is like a 45min to 1 hour drive from DC. Parking and entrance to the museum is free. Feel free to visit their website to get a lot of information on it.

bgsuwoody
07-14-07, 12:42 PM
I'm so glad that I got to do everything I wanted to in DC. Today at the poolee function my recruiter said that he called me in DC to see if I wanted to leave early...that week, but I was in DC. He didn't tell me that because he knew I would drive my ass home and not have fun. I'm kinda upset, but he told me to pump me up for my IST...placed first overall of 12 of the poolees that were there. 19 Pullups (Stupid bar was awful...1st Overall), 126 Crunches (first overall), and a 9:51 1.5 Miles (Second Overall...thanks for the advice Snow...I think the run was longer than 1.5 miles, but I pushed myself harder thinking about what you said. I was 2 seconds behind the guy who usually does the 8:50 1.5 mile and he got 9:49... My recruiter was running and told the kid behind me to catch up with me...I was like **** that...I said to myself if you are going to catch anyone you are catching the guy in front of me and I sprinted the last 1/4 mile to catch up, the guy in front of me heard me and busted it to beat me...the two best leave the same day...

Still kind of upset, but what can you do!

HurricaneRJ
07-14-07, 04:41 PM
Hmmm I can't improve my pull-ups quick enough to catch you Woody. I'm gonna get my running under a minute and get my crunches up.

Drehzahl7
07-30-07, 12:46 AM
while at my mos school in apg.. we went on a little trip to see the evening parade.. its amazing.. it just motivates you to see the precision and discipline those devildogs have.. too bad im only 5' 9" ...