PDA

View Full Version : The Law

SnowPaint078
07-08-07, 05:56 PM
Alright so as many on leatherneck know, I am not the greatest swimmer. Well A friend & I ran to the beach for some swimming to be more prepared for bootcamp. He is in the Navy DEP, but any ways they're was a majority of people there. A lot who were just kind of sitting in the swim lane. They ended up getting really annoying so we went past the rope, maybe about 2 inches past the bouyes or w/e. After less than half lap, a sherriff told us to come to her. She said we couldn't swim where we were & told us to come to her vechile. Now the signs say "Swim At Own Risk, No Life Guard On Duty." so At that point we were a little confused but we decided not to argue as it would be best not to. She said she was giving us a written warning, she collected our information and sent it to where ever, Im assuming the Police Depot (she actually told us to run if we were hiding anything). She then wrote us up a warning with all our info. on it blah blah blah. She told us all though this is a warning it goes on our record. Now the question is, what does this mean as far as USMC, I mean I know its a warning but its on our record. I need Secret Security Clearence, Will this affect that or me shipping since it is on record? The whole situation is pretty depressing especially since we we're just trying to better ourselves for bootcamp. Last time I go swim psht, I might as well sit in this chair till I leave because for some reason the Law hates me.

Zulu 36
07-08-07, 07:50 PM
Make sure you tell your recruiter. He can best advise you as to the impact of a warning. I doubt there is any.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-08-07, 10:25 PM
Tell your recruiter. It won't hurt anything- it is less significant than a traffic citation. But you are supposed to disclose all dealings with the police.

killerinstinct
07-10-07, 09:29 AM
ya id tell your recruiter never trust a femal officer specially if she looks like a Marine Corps mascot she could right a ticket and not tell you you just never know it could mess ya up in the long run..

David Jameson
07-10-07, 12:00 PM
You might also want to ask officer hotsy totsy if she can find it in her (whatever)to **** can that warning.But be sure to tell your recruiter.Try to get a handle on your crime wave. LOL