PDA

View Full Version : DI and MOS?

KittyRina
06-28-07, 09:41 PM
If I choose Field Radio Operator as my MOS, can I serve a tour and then go into DI training? I really want to be a DI, but I also really want to serve overseas.
Also what is the process for becoming a DI?

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-28-07, 09:48 PM
Honestly, you need to make it through boot camp before you start thinking about putting other people through boot camp.

Anyway, you can't enlist as a DI. It is a B billet for people of the rank of Sgt. and up. (Although, I know of Cpls that were sent to DI school and promoted before they hit the drill field.) You have to have some other job before you can become a Sgt. When you start getting close to picking up Sgt. you will need to talk to your career planner about your future career. Most Marines that make a career out of the Corps end up doing MSG, DI, or Recruiting duty. You have to be a good Marine to be considered. You can request what you want to do, but there are no promises. i know several people that ended up with recruiting orders that had no interest at all in being a recruiter.

If you're selected you go to DI school, which is like boot camp times 10, and then you do your time on the drill field. You're looking at several years before you make a return trip to 4th Bn.

KittyRina
06-28-07, 09:58 PM
If you're selected you go to DI school, which is like boot camp times 10, and then you do your time on the drill field. You're looking at several years before you make a return trip to 4th Bn.

If the D.I's at Boot are bad, I wonder what the D.I's at D.I SCHOOL are like.......... lol:scared:

davblay
06-28-07, 11:01 PM
If the D.I's at Boot are bad, I wonder what the D.I's at D.I SCHOOL are like.......... lol:scared:

GOD!

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-07, 12:22 AM
They aren't treated like recruits, they are NCOs. But, the demands are many times that placed on recruits. Their uniforms have to be perfect, they must be able to recite the exact wording of drill movements from the drill manual, they must be in better physical condition- it is tough.

KittyRina
06-29-07, 11:57 AM
I don't doubt it a single bit. DI's work hard to get where they are.