PDA

View Full Version : higher education

winniele
06-28-07, 06:35 PM
you guys probably know that I am going back into the Marines. Got my old rank and MOS back which is a 0621 field radio operator. I know that I will go to the field alot but do you guys think i will have a chance to also take some classes also? I never took any classes when i was in the Corps so I don't know where or how to start. Maybe online classes will be more appropriate for my MOS? I don't know. So anyone experienced school and Marines at the same time, feel free to reply. However, I already miss school and want to learn and higher my education. THanks a bunch.

winniele
06-28-07, 06:38 PM
i also noticed i went to the poolee section when i don't need too. Oops! don't know how to change it and will not try to.

bgsuwoody
06-28-07, 07:23 PM
Well congrats Winnie, I'm glad you got everything straightened out. I am also glad to hear you got your rank and MOS back as you said the MOS part might be a problem.

As a college student I found that online classes were an amazing way to balance my schedule of work and school. I would check out Bowling Green State Univeristy...reasonable prices, great professors, and most business, education, and sciences are possible online. Good luck in the future and I'm sure you'll be able to handle the balance.

winniele
06-28-07, 09:14 PM
seriously bgsuwoody, you are like a shrink on the poolee forum just because you can solve everyone problems. I'll keep that in mind :). thanx

HurricaneRJ
06-28-07, 09:40 PM
Community College at Jacksonville Florida is also a great choice as well.

http://opencampus.fccj.edu/mei/usmc/index.html

This is where I'm planning on getting my education from. After some years with the grunts "hopefully" I would like the chance to switch to another MOS, that I can actually use in the civiallan world.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-28-07, 09:51 PM
I was an 0622 (but they called us 2532 then) and I was able to take a few classes. You won't be a full time student, but there is some time to get things done.