PDA

View Full Version : Here's a link for anyone wondering about promotions in their MOS

AMW
06-23-07, 02:28 PM
http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/g3/roadmap.php

From the few I've checked out on here it seems really good, gives you kind of a reference to what will make you competitive for promotions in your MOS (and whats required).

Sorry if this has been posted I saw it and thought it could be helpful :)

zackmerc
06-23-07, 03:10 PM
You must'have done a lot of diggin.
Are you allowed to simply look at military pages like this? Sometimes I wonder.

I looked at the papers and they mean nothing to me yet. Al complicated procedures and protocol.

Marines on the East Coast tend to have more updated websites. West Coast Marines tend to neglect their websites. The SOI East site is all nice and completely detailed. SOI West site is very short and brief.

AMW
06-23-07, 03:34 PM
I figure anything that could make you more prepared can't be a bad thing (barring illegal things, but if you're looking at the Marines you shouldn't be trying anything illegal in the first place that would prove to be detrimental to the Corps) I've seen a few threads asking about how you get promoted and things and I found this.

I'm pretty sure you can look at military pages, if I'm wrong someone PLEASE correct me but I've been doing it for a while.

What MOS were you looking at?

zackmerc
06-23-07, 04:37 PM
Guess, it's sometimes it seems to be the coveted (for some reason).

rundegrun
06-23-07, 11:36 PM
Holy crap that's one of the best resources for info I've seen for my mos yet, thanks!!

oh and zachmerc, if it aint on SIPR or an intranet, you probably don't have to worry about whether you should be allowed to see it.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-24-07, 01:40 AM
That doesn't actually tell you much about how to get promoted. You go to the schools you're told to go to and you should do all of the MCI's that you can anyway. It does show you how your career will progress if you stay in, and what jobs you can have.

It also showed me that my old MOS became two. I was a 2532 which became 0622 and is now 0622 and 0623, which is pretty cool. Should have stayed in, I could have gone to Security Forces now, which would have been a fun ride for a non-grunt. Thanks for the link, it was fun reading.

And for what it is worth, if it is on the internet you can look at it. The military is good about knowing what needs to be kept private.

GriT
06-24-07, 07:14 AM
Good find. Bookmarked.