PDA

View Full Version : Dental

slocke15
06-17-07, 10:33 PM
I was just wondering about what they do for the dental part of boot. Do they do you fillings and stuff along with gettin your wisdom teeth out or do they spread it all out?

davblay
06-17-07, 10:40 PM
fill out your profile then ask again!

slocke15
06-17-07, 10:48 PM
That good? Same question.

davblay
06-17-07, 10:59 PM
During the first few weeks at Boot Camp, the Navy dentist examine your teeth and assess your dental problems. Then they begin repairing any problems they detect while you are a recruit. If they don't complete your dental work you will be seen at the dentist where ever you go from there. They will treat you during your entire stay in the Corps, evrytime you need them. But yeah, they spread it out over time, unless you only have like one cavity or something. As far as your wisdom teeth are concerned, they will remove them if they deem it nessessary to prevent them from causing you problems, but unless they are causing problems, they won't do it in Boot Camp! They will save that for the Fleet Dentists to worry about. The Navy provides all medical and dental services to the Corps. :marine:

slocke15
06-17-07, 11:03 PM
Even if you have really bad teeth they will spread it out. My friend leaves in like 2 or 3 weeks and he is freaking out because his teeth are terrible and I am tired of hearin his wining.

BR34
06-18-07, 05:33 PM
They pulled all 4 of my widsom teeth. Plenty other recruits got a tooth of two, or three, four or five pulled. Don't know of anyone that went for just a cleaning or filling.

Zulu 36
06-18-07, 06:59 PM
The Navy got all four of my wisdom teeth too, but not before I made sergeant. They took them two at a time, one set in Iwakuni, the other pair at Pendleton. Plus a couple of root canals.

Marine84
06-18-07, 08:19 PM
They took 2 of my wisdom teeth in Iwakuni too Zulu! I think he was just bored and got everybody when they got there.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-18-07, 08:32 PM
I had all four pulled in one day at MCAS Beaufort back in '86. I was a Cpl and a Deck NCO in the barracks at the time, we were right in the middle of a big "Barracks of the Quarter" competition (hey, I know..but winners got a '96!). I had been pretty hard on my troops....but after I got those teeth pulled, they gave me percoset....and my Marines begged me "Cpl....PLEASE go and get some more done...maaan...you were all kinda mellow!"

LOL.

We won the competition 2 quarters in a row BTW LOL

Quinbo
06-18-07, 09:36 PM
They don't do dental work in boot camp but they do pull all your teeth and replace them with fangs ;)

SgtHMH
06-19-07, 12:05 AM
Now that is a good question, now what kind of Dr.s and Corpman do they have working at the MCRDs. Well these are two places were the patients can't complain and have to listen. These are Corpman in training or lack of good skills. The Dr.s are most likely just out of med school and you as Recruits are test patients, so they will do all kinds of dental and medical on you. Were will you be able to complain to ? After Boot Camp and in the FMF you can say more things and complain. So were is a better place to do stuff on people than MCRDs. I had my teeth done before Boot Camp, have fun.

Semper Fi

Zulu 36
06-19-07, 06:31 AM
They took 2 of my wisdom teeth in Iwakuni too Zulu! I think he was just bored and got everybody when they got there.

Well, one of them impacted and had to come out, so they went ahead and did the other one on that side. It went bad on me just as we went into Typhoon Condition One and I was in agony for three days before I could get seen. I just stood radio watch since I couldn't sleep.

Then I had to wait a week to get into the oral surgeon. They did give me some kickass pain meds. Fastest week I ever lived and don't remember.

Old Marine
06-19-07, 08:31 AM
Now that is a good question, now what kind of Dr.s and Corpman do they have working at the MCRDs. Well these are two places were the patients can't complain and have to listen. These are Corpman in training or lack of good skills. The Dr.s are most likely just out of med school and you as Recruits are test patients, so they will do all kinds of dental and medical on you. Were will you be able to complain to ? After Boot Camp and in the FMF you can say more things and complain. So were is a better place to do stuff on people than MCRDs. I had my teeth done before Boot Camp, have fun.

Semper Fi

The young men and ladies who work in the dental field of the Navy are not Corpman. The are Dental Techs. The dentists are mostly young guys, but I have seen some Commanders whrking on teeth in Boot Camp.

killerinstinct
06-19-07, 10:40 AM
if you get your wisdom teeth removed best place is if you happen to go with f-18's and get sent to NAS Lemoore.

I had one i need removed but decided to have them all ripped out so i would never worry aobu tit again. But anyways they put me to sleep there i have heard most places they dont and personally i dont want to see a dentist mouth **** me with some plyers yanking my **** out...

Phantom Blooper
06-19-07, 11:06 AM
so i would never worry aobu tit again. :banana:

Ifeel sorry for ya Killer! :evilgrin:

killerinstinct
06-19-07, 11:16 AM
so i would never worry aobu tit again. :banana:

Ifeel sorry for ya Killer! :evilgrin:

HAHA

Zulu 36
06-19-07, 03:14 PM
The young men and ladies who work in the dental field of the Navy are not Corpman. The are Dental Techs. The dentists are mostly young guys, but I have seen some Commanders whrking on teeth in Boot Camp.

I believe the Navy has changed that. The dental tech field was eliminated and amalgamated into the medical corpsman field. It happened within the last year or so.