PDA

View Full Version : Just graduated SOI on Friday

Accord
06-11-07, 01:23 PM
I just graduated SOI on Friday, my entire class of approximately 250 Marines got sent to Hawaii except for 15 Marines who were 0351's that got sent to Lejeune, and yep, I was one of them.

There are no more wishlists at SOI, you go where the Corps tells you and you have zero say. The fleet is awesome, my unit is going on a MEU(SOC) pretty soon.

I'll be glad to answer any questions about SOI.

ElDiablo
06-11-07, 01:33 PM
I'll be the first and I'll ask the obvious...what was it like? Was it like some people say and like boot camp, or is it totally better? And from what I get, your 0351, (Assaultman right?), what's that like?

thedrifter
06-11-07, 01:49 PM
Congratulations!

You will get use to Lejuene..;)

Shoot me a PM that we can meet someday soon;)

Ellie

davblay
06-11-07, 02:16 PM
Congratulations John, You are now truly one of us! Get some! Ooo-Rah! :thumbup:

zackmerc
06-11-07, 08:12 PM
Congradulations sir!!!

About the Marines sent to Hawaii, are they going to be part of the 3rd Marine Division? I was always curious about how they sent you to your station.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-11-07, 08:23 PM
Get some, Laddie! Lejuene is great, I loved it there. You'll have a ball.

Congrats, and kick the tires and light the fires~!

Marine84
06-11-07, 09:20 PM
Congratulations John! Just beware of the barracks rats - b!tches are EVERYWHERE!

Covey_Rider
06-12-07, 04:39 AM
Congrats John. Just like Marine84 said beware of the barracks rats...and if you have any questions about what to do in NC you just ask. I just came from there less then a month ago, I was at Courthous Bay for 4 months. Hit me up about where to go in Jacksonville or in Wilmington. Hooligans isn't too bad in Jacksonville...just make sure you where your "MOP suit" when you enter into that "NBC" environment. I've got some buddies out there that are combat engineers that you may end up meeting.

thezero
06-12-07, 07:49 AM
Camp Legeune, North Carolina. That is an awesome place, you should have a hell of a time. My dad took me up that direction while he was stationed in Cherry Point. and Congrats on graduating from SOI.

Accord
06-12-07, 09:54 PM
Congrats John. Just like Marine84 said beware of the barracks rats...and if you have any questions about what to do in NC you just ask. I just came from there less then a month ago, I was at Courthous Bay for 4 months. Hit me up about where to go in Jacksonville or in Wilmington. Hooligans isn't too bad in Jacksonville...just make sure you where your "MOP suit" when you enter into that "NBC" environment. I've got some buddies out there that are combat engineers that you may end up meeting.
My buddy didn't wear his MOPP suit and he ended up going to BAS last week to get his bore punched.

Good times.

jimrod83
06-12-07, 10:01 PM
MOP suit? NBC environment? BAS? I really need to learn the lingo.

bgsuwoody
06-12-07, 10:03 PM
MOP suit? NBC environment? BAS? I really need to learn the lingo.

Let me just give you a hint "quotations" <---like that usually have a double meaning and with Marines and most men its sexual inuendo...I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-13-07, 01:32 AM
MOPP suit is the suit you wear when you are in a Nuclear, Chemical, or Biological (NBC) situation. If something bad happens to you, you go see a corpsman at the Battalion Aid Station (BAS). When you run a cleaning rod with brush or patch through your rifle you are punching the bore.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out why there were quotation marks and what they were really saying.

Accord, forget about Jacksonville. Head to Wilmington or Greenville. The Attic in Greenville was my personal favorite.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-15-07, 06:24 AM
Wilmington....Myrtle Beach, etc...... :)

TheBiggness
06-15-07, 10:22 AM
My buddy didn't wear his MOPP suit and he ended up going to BAS last week to get his bore punched.

Good times.

LOL never heard it put that way before. atleast they don't use rubber hammers anymore :scared:

jimrod83
06-15-07, 11:54 AM
Jeez. ok. Here I am trying to think proper stuff, and all, and you're WAY under my lvl(where I'm normally at, and trying to get out of). Shows what I get for trying to think highbrow.

ElDiablo
06-15-07, 11:59 AM
They're just messing with you. Don't take it so personally.

bgsuwoody
06-15-07, 12:42 PM
Jeez. ok. Here I am trying to think proper stuff, and all, and you're WAY under my lvl(where I'm normally at, and trying to get out of). Shows what I get for trying to think highbrow.

First off never get out of that level...you are only this age once, and if you join the Marines you are going to be surrounded by this...if you are trying to quit being the average 18-25 year old (older for many...I've seen it in here lol) the Marines isn't your best "AA meeting" if you know what I mean. Not to mention you were given both my brief explaination of the double entendre and the proper meanings of the terms so you really have no reason to complain about it or about us being under our level...and especially since it was said by Marines (two of the most highly respected for their spirit and determination I might add Accord and Covey) I hope you wouldn't consider them "WAY under [your] lvl"

ElDiablo
06-15-07, 12:49 PM
Hmmm....wasn't one of the rules for this site not to disrespect Marines? The way I see it, that was aimed towards Accord and Covey. Saying they were under your level is disrespectful. If anything they are way above, seeing as they earned the Title and are Marines.

bgsuwoody
06-15-07, 12:52 PM
Well I'm not taking it that far...I just figured I would open his eyes to the reality of 18-25 year old males...I can sum it up simply "24/7 perversion"

ElDiablo
06-15-07, 12:54 PM
:) couldn't of said it better.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-15-07, 12:58 PM
I think he was just admitting he didn't understand or know what he was talking about. It didn't seem disrespectful, or anything else, to me...

But, then again, I'm not Covey or Accord.

bgsuwoody
06-15-07, 01:04 PM
True, if you accent a few of the words differently than I did, I can get that too...and now that I read it that way you are probably right Sergeant

ElDiablo
06-15-07, 01:07 PM
Yeah, must of been the way a I read it too. If I read it a little differently, sounds a lot better. Sorry if I took it wrong jimrod83, no harm meant.