PDA

View Full Version : Reserves

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 02:16 AM
Can anybody give me an idea of "A day in the life of a Marine Reservist"
please..

devildoghopeful
06-11-07, 05:47 AM
Although not 100% qualified to answer this question as I am not a Marine, as far as I can gather, a Reserve Marine has a civilian job until he/she has drill or is deployed. Bear in mind, with the Commandant's new policy 'Every Marine into the fight', ALL reserve units will get/have been deployed. As far as I'm aware, when on deployment, reserve units act exactly the same as active units with regards to the day to day happenings - meaning that more likely than not, reservists will be squeezing triggers as much as active Marines.

Any Marine or better informed poolee/wannabe can correct me if I'm wrong with any of this.

Kurby494
06-11-07, 08:08 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f317/Kurby494/usegoogle.jpg

http://www.nofuture.org.uk/diary/images/i_will_use_google.jpg

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 08:37 AM
i did use google but everything i read was all from a sellers point of view. i want to know peoples experiences first hand rather then just being told by sources that may not even be reliable.

davblay
06-11-07, 08:45 AM
Can anybody give me an idea of "A day in the life of a Marine Reservist"
please..

Unless that is a book title, there ain't no average day in the life of a reservist! While you are on drill status, or on deployment, you are a Marine, if not then you are the same civilian piece of **** you are now (no pun intended)! You work, go to school, whatever you do now! The reserves doesn't have a manual that tells you what to do next with your time! To tell you the truth, I am confused as to what you are esking, exactly! Clear up your question, be specific and to the point, one point at a time, ok? :confused:

ElDiablo
06-11-07, 08:48 AM
Then join the reserves and find out for yourself. Everyone's gonna give you a different answer, as it depends on their time in, when they were in, how much they liked it, and a lot of other variables. Sorta like Kurby said, search for this question on here. It's been asked AT LEAST a dozen times. It gets a little old seeing the same question on twelve different threads day after day.

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 08:53 AM
Oh, but reservists are being deployed these days to fight in combat...something I thought you did not want to do?

ElDiablo
06-11-07, 08:57 AM
I was going to say that, but decided to go easy on him. Not everyone's cut out to be a Marine, right? :)

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 09:02 AM
I was going to say that, but decided to go easy on him. Not everyone's cut out to be a Marine, right? :)

I give no quarter to those unworthy...
I say what I mean and I mean what I say...
and I agree with that assumption that not everyon'es cut out to be a Marine...my test is coming soon;)

ElDiablo
06-11-07, 09:05 AM
and I agree with that assumption that not everyon'es cut out to be a Marine...my test is coming soon;)

About two more years for me....:cry: ...so close......

devildoghopeful
06-11-07, 09:52 AM
Exactly 3 years to go for me if all goes to plan. I hate this wait.

ElDiablo
06-11-07, 09:57 AM
It's so long.....I can't wait for the day I ship.

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 09:58 AM
What school are you going to for 3 years...I am guessing you are doing PLC or something, but I am having trouble understanding the 3 year part unless you aren't counting the years the same way

devildoghopeful
06-11-07, 10:04 AM
Yeah PLC, OCS take place between Jr and Sr year of college. I'm about to graduate High School, so in 3 years I'll have just completed my Jr year of college and be heading off to Quantico VA for OCS. Then back to school (which will be torture knowing that I've got the Corps waiting for me), graduation, commissioning, The Basic School, MOS school (ideally infantry, but if that's not avaliable, anything in Combat Arms), then the fleet!

USMCJohnson
06-11-07, 01:41 PM
Oh, but reservists are being deployed these days to fight in combat...something I thought you did not want to do?

Looks like I get the day off.lol

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 02:20 PM
Looks like I get the day off.lol

No No, I think we need to hear it from the perspective from both a male and a female...and you are funny so go ahead! :cool:

USMCJohnson
06-11-07, 03:00 PM
I was just thinking that maybe he wanted reserves because"His recruiter told him" that all you do is go to drill one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer. But we all know that's not true. Tampons are just as likely to go to war as active duty, if not more likely. Not that I have any thing aganist them I use them once a month my self. But they only exsist (sorry guys) to get bloody. Sorry you won't excape work this way either.

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 05:01 PM
I swear your all ****ing retarded.
Im not trying to "escape" going to war.
Im trying to get the most out of the corp that i can so that i can get out and have a 10x better chance at being sucessful.

If you get tired of reading 12 threads of the same thing everyday
you need to get out of the house more often.

I say it like I mean it too.

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 05:04 PM
I'm here for one ****ing simple thing. advice
I dont want to hear your criticism or opinions about what I'm doing is wrong
I just want to hear other peoples experiences.

I'll just start messaging more of the Officers and Higher Ranked Enlisted Marines so that I can get some kind of USEFUL information.

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 05:18 PM
Im trying to get the most out of the corp that i can so that i can get out and have a 10x better chance at being sucessful.

I can tell you will be good with one thing in the Corps and that's an entrenching tool because you are digging yourself a huge hole right now. You are just exemplifying the things we are saying "I'm trying to get the most out of the Corps (always capitalized) so that I can get out...
You are in it for yourself ONLY and not for the Corps...this is one HARD LESSON you are going to have to learn and one of the major mind ****s in recruit training if resisted. Attempt to be an individual there and come back and tell me what your D.I. say (or does ;) )

On the word of advice, criticism is advice, though you can take a word of advice or the otherwise without a smartass remark...again try that in bootcamp and tell me what happens.

I heard a few experiences too...these Marines have ****ed around long enough with people like you and they are advising that not only are their lives more miserable for it, but yours will be too.

Have fun talking to any officers or higher enlisted when you have already lost the respect of those who are more willing to give it. They won't touch you with a 5 foot pole because if you **** up, you **** their men up and you **** them up...You'll be done before you start...unless of course you can un**** yourself ricky-tick.

USMCJohnson
06-11-07, 05:57 PM
*sighs* I tried........... Look you little phucktard.I am willing to bet that most of the ppl here have a way higher IQ than you do. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because we can see right through your phoney a$$.You are not in it for the long haul. You just want the glory of the name, but you don't really want to do anywork. The Corps is what you put into it. You get what ever the phuck it is that you give. And right now what you are giving is a whole bunch of friggin attitude. We neither need nor want it. If you don't like what's being said here take your a$$ some where else no one forces you to come here. Stop trying to use the Corps for you own little pitifull needs.

Kurby494
06-11-07, 05:59 PM
I'm here for one ****ing simple thing. advice
I dont want to hear your criticism or opinions about what I'm doing is wrong
I just want to hear other peoples experiences.

I'll just start messaging more of the Officers and Higher Ranked Enlisted Marines so that I can get some kind of USEFUL information.

1. Advice is'nt allways simple!

2. If you want advice you'd better be ready for criticism and opinions. Especially when you're wrong

3. If you're only here for ONE thing, then which is it Advice or other peoples Experiences. Or is it USEFULL info? Make up your mind. Attention to detail ****wad!

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 06:01 PM
*sighs* I tried........... Look you little phucktard.I am willing to bet that most of the ppl here have a way higher IQ than you do. Don't get your panties in a bunch just because we can see right through your phoney a$$.You are not in it for the long haul. You just want the glory of the name, but you don't really want to do anywork. The Corps is what you put into it. You get what ever the phuck it is that you give. And right now what you are giving is a whole bunch of friggin attitude. We neither need nor want it. If you don't like what's being said here take your a$$ some where else no one forces you to come here. Stop trying to use the Corps for you own little pitifull needs.

I'm glad you aren't taking your last week off from owning some of these idiots :D

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 06:24 PM
what makes me laugh is that you talk like you've been to boot.

as for respect.. its the internet kid !!! ha ha
im not here for respect.
just to hear others experiences.

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 06:28 PM
why do all you POOLEES TALK LIKE YOUR BETTER THEN ME HAHAHAHAHAHA!
you are fuuckin CLOWNS i swear. keep saying "OUR" Corps.
your not A Marine.
don't try to claim something your not old enough to be.

you can call me an idiot if it puts a smile on your faces.

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 06:36 PM
We aren't claiming to be better than you...we ****ing KNOW IT. We respect THE Corps and the Marines that are a part of it. Some of us like Johnson are respected on this forum by the Marines...which in turn is a reason to respect her. We never said it was "our" Corps, however many of the Marines have! You are the one who wishes to use the Corps, capitalize on it, and throw it away like its nothing but a "stepping stone" to greatness (which I forsee in your life as middle management at Burger King at best)
We are plenty old enough, Johnson leaves in a week for recruit training and I am 22 years old...

Oh and the only reason I am a clown is because I have a huge ass grin on my face everytime you get completely OWNED by Poolee Johnson

USMCJohnson
06-11-07, 06:36 PM
what makes me laugh is that you talk like you've been to boot.

as for respect.. its the internet kid !!! ha ha
im not here for respect.
just to hear others experiences.

Who do you mean when you say you. I mean you know that I'm talking to you, but when you say you, you use it in general. Name names so that that indivdual has an opportunity to reply. And as for your comment."im not here for respect." I can tell.

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 06:38 PM
Who do you mean when you say you. I mean you know that I'm talking to you, but when you say you, you use it in general. Name names so that that indivdual has an opportunity to reply. And as for your comment."im not here for respect." I can tell.

I went ahead an took it as a slash towards me "THE KID." I at least hope so, because I like not feeling almost 23 ;)

USMCJohnson
06-11-07, 06:40 PM
why do all you POOLEES TALK LIKE YOUR BETTER THEN ME HAHAHAHAHAHA!( Hum. I never once said that I was better than you. But, if this is what you assume, then Thank you.
you are fuuckin CLOWNS i swear. keep saying "OUR" Corps.(When did I say this??)
your not A Marine.(I kno. I never said I was. When I become one in 14 weeks, I will be a better one than you will ever be.)
don't try to claim something your not old enough to be.(Maybe you should check age requirements)

you can call me an idiot if it puts a smile on your faces.( I will and it does)

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 06:42 PM
why do all you POOLEES TALK LIKE YOUR BETTER THEN ME HAHAHAHAHAHA!( Hum. I never once said that I was better than you. But, if this is what you assume, then Thank you.
you are fuuckin CLOWNS i swear. keep saying "OUR" Corps.(When did I say this??)
your not A Marine.(I kno. I never said I was. When I become one in 14 weeks, I will be a better one than you will ever be.)
don't try to claim something your not old enough to be.(Maybe you should check age requirements)

you can call me an idiot if it puts a smile on your faces.( I will and it does)

I found my CLOWN face again!!!! :yes: :D :yes:

Marine84
06-11-07, 06:45 PM
ALL OF YOU SETTLE THE HELL DOWN! Johnson - you have not earned the privelege of calling Reservists tampons....................yet. Woody - clean up your own damned testosterone before somebody falls.

motivatedpoolee - I think someone already answered your question - it's all on you as to what the daily life of a Reservist will be like. Whatever you decide to do when you're not drilling is pretty much it. But, when the Corps rings their school bell and tells you to saddle up - you get no say so in the matter - you could miss an important test, phone call, date.............you get my drift?

What answer is it that you're looking for exactly?

bgsuwoody
06-11-07, 06:49 PM
Yes ma'am...I'll go get the mop...

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 06:55 PM
thats the kind of answer im looking for..
none of that childish **** that has been continously over used by those other poolees..

now, as a reservist, would i be able to have another career outside of the corps?
i remember when my grandfather was in the service he was caught working for a company while he was enlisted and lost a rank for it...

how does that work?

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 06:59 PM
as for johnson and the other poolees that i've been an ******* to, i apologize.

we each have our own opinions and expectations of the the Corps, but truth is none of us KNOW **** about it until we get there.

I'm sure you are all going to be stellar Marines and I want yall to know that soon enough we will all be brothers. regardless of mos or enlistment option..
we still have to go through the same Bootcamp ;)

right?

i've been acting completely stupid because of sh!t thats going on in my personal life. excuse my attitude.

Marine84
06-11-07, 07:03 PM
thats the kind of answer im looking for..
none of that childish **** that has been continously over used by those other poolees.. You were done throwing comments towards them when I stepped in. Nobody really gives a fat baby's a$$ WHAT you think about them.

now, as a reservist, would i be able to have another career outside of the corps?
i remember when my grandfather was in the service he was caught working for a company while he was enlisted and lost a rank for it...

how does that work?

Unless you can live off of what little money you'll get paid drilling, you'll HAVE to have a job. The only way I can see where your grandfather may have lost rank over having another job was if he was AD and didn't ask the unit's permission to work another job - he obviously got busted for something but I doubt it was that.

motivatedpoolee
06-11-07, 07:18 PM
whats AD?

damn, i really need to learn the terms ahha

Marine84
06-11-07, 09:16 PM
whats AD?

Sorry................Active Duty

davecerami275
06-11-07, 10:40 PM
dam you kids done went and p$$ed off 84.

get your sorry a$$es in the pit

davblay
06-11-07, 10:50 PM
84 wants you guys on her quarter deck, now! Get on your faces---ready---excercise!!!!!!!!!

Kim, have one one me! :beer:

USMCJohnson
06-12-07, 12:19 AM
ALL OF YOU SETTLE THE HELL DOWN! Johnson - you have not earned the privelege of calling Reservists tampons....................yet.
Aye Aye Ma'am.

USMCJohnson
06-12-07, 12:20 AM
84 wants you guys on her quarter deck, now! Get on your faces---ready---excercise!!!!!!!!!

Yes sir, 1 sir, 2 sir,3sir,4 sir...............

USMCJohnson
06-12-07, 12:23 AM
I found my CLOWN face again!!!!

All you had to do was look in the mirror. Wasn't hard at all was it?

ElDiablo
06-12-07, 07:55 AM

I know some mentally challenged people, so that's not funny, one of them happens to be my cousin. And the way you keep writing, it does sound like your trying to escape war. The Corps is spelt with an s and it is always capitalized, as is Marine. And I don't spend all my time in my house. I don't even have internet at home, I'm at school right now using there server, so with a lack of better things to do, I come here. And I say it like I mean it.:evilgrin:

kbs95125
06-12-07, 12:27 PM
Not everyone joining the Reserves is trying to escape going to war.
Or "use" the Marine Corps.
Just felt like I should defend my choice since asshat here isn't doing a good job.

Marine84
06-12-07, 01:03 PM
Not everyone joining the Reserves is trying to escape going to war.
Or "use" the Marine Corps.
Just felt like I should defend my choice since asshat here isn't doing a good job.

I don't remember anybody asking what your choice was - but, since you're obviously looking for some attention............................

devildoghopeful
06-12-07, 01:22 PM
I don't remember anybody asking what your choice was - but, since you're obviously looking for some attention............................

Marine84 is always happy to oblige! :D

kbs95125
06-12-07, 05:27 PM
No ma'am not looking for attention. My apologies for speaking out of turn.

Marine84
06-12-07, 05:32 PM
Number 1 lesson grasshoppa.......................as a civilian, it's PC for you to speak your mind - IF you make it into the Corps, you do not voice your opinion about something that doesn't concern you.

kbs95125
06-12-07, 05:40 PM
Yes ma'am. Thank you for the advice.

CPL D L Guanzon
06-15-07, 12:31 PM
If you would like some useful information, you can e-mail me.