PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Cbx9
06-07-07, 09:51 PM
First off, I would like to say hello to everyone.
I'm strongly considering joining the Marines at around this same time next year.
I'm wondering what I need to do to prepare for it, exercise suggestions, little tricks to help out, general mental preparation techniques etc...

Thanks for your time.

P.S.- I'm willing to work my . off, so feel free to post some brutal workout routines.

chili77bowl
06-07-07, 09:54 PM
run a mile, swim a mile, run a mile...and do thousands of flutter kicks...

bgsuwoody
06-07-07, 10:06 PM
GOT A GREAT WORKOUT FOR YA...

It's actually pretty simple...you go to the "SEARCH" function of this site and then you type in one of 1 million different words (workout, routine, exercise, etc. etc. etc.)

Wow I kinda sounded like an a-hole, but yeah use the search function and you will find a millions posts and stuff about routines. It all depends on what your strengths, weaknesses, diet, weight, preferences, abilities, goals, and everything are. Everyone is different, but you can find some good stuff here.

PS if you narrow down your questions, you will get better responses too!

bgsuwoody
06-07-07, 10:09 PM
First off, I would like to say hello to everyone.
I'm strongly considering joining the Marines at around this same time next year.
I'm wondering what I need to do to prepare for it, exercise suggestions, little tricks to help out, general mental preparation techniques etc...

Thanks for your time.

P.S.- I'm willing to work my . off, so feel free to post some brutal workout routines.

Oh and don't strongly consider it, get your butt off your chair see a recruiter and get yourself in the DEP, you will get a lot of workouts through them and there is no better time than now to make the best decision of you life...

249gunner
06-08-07, 07:49 AM
I'll be nice to you.

Aim for 10 pull ups, 80-100 crunches in 2min, 1.5 miles in 12min.
see a recruiter, interview, practice ASVAB

GO!

Marine84
06-08-07, 08:26 AM
GOT A GREAT WORKOUT FOR YA...

It's actually pretty simple...you go to the "SEARCH" function of this site and then you type in one of 1 million different words (workout, routine, exercise, etc. etc. etc.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I think I LOVE you!!!

davblay
06-08-07, 08:30 AM
Ah Kim, Always the sweetheart! :beer: