PDA

View Full Version : Joining the marines

Nixus
06-07-07, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone.
I'm planning on joining the marines in a year, i've already spoken to a nearby recruiter and i've got pretty much everything set up that i need to.
However, given that i have a year to prepare...and have done no preparing.
I was wondering what exactly i should be doing with my time in preparation for the ultimate test.

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-07-07, 09:25 PM
To start, you should read the rules of the site. You need to complete your profile before you post- and Marine is always capitalized.

Master Sephiroth
06-07-07, 09:31 PM
For the record, welcome.

1. Fill out your profile
2. Marine and Corps are capitalized at all times
3. There is a rule that you have to word your messages in proper grammar.

USMC90
06-07-07, 09:50 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

All new members should read this before posting.

bgsuwoody
06-07-07, 10:02 PM
Oh and just in case you haven't heard it three times before this...you need to fill out your profile, capitalize Marine always, and use proper grammer. I figured since everyone else was pulling the lemming and jumping in...why can't I. :)

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-08-07, 02:35 PM
Please note, I was first!

poolarnold
06-12-07, 05:37 AM
listen i'm just about to leave for boot in a few days and i was in dep for a year to....WORK OUT!!! DON'T!!! be lazy run every night do sit ups, push ups and all of the above play sports so your active football wrestling(wrestling really helps to prepare ask any Marine thats a former wrestler) and then track or something of that sort in the spring and just watch you'll be in great shape before you leave
good luck,
-poolee Arnold

Covey_Rider
06-12-07, 08:55 AM
I'm going to give you some different advice then what most would most likely give you. Yes you should work out but don't over do it. Work out at most 3 to 4 times a week depending on your current shape. The PT will come to you whether you like it or not, so PT'ing before you go to boot will only help you but if you break down your muscles all the time then it won't help as much as you'd hope.

The main advice I would like to give you though is to learn. Learn anything and everything you can about the Marine Corps. History, Traditions, you MOS, what to do and what not to do. This site has a plethera of information for you to soak in. Know what you're getting into from Marines and not just recruiters. It will be a 100% commitment and nothing less. Knowledge is power and understanding what was happening around me and knowing my sh*t helped me though boot camp more then anything else did.

Good luck and study hard.

jinelson
06-12-07, 09:03 AM
Thanks Dom good advice but if he doesnt fill out his profile Im yanking his thread!

Jim

Covey_Rider
06-12-07, 07:09 PM
I've got no problem with that SSgt

davblay
06-12-07, 08:04 PM
I think nixus is a ghost!!

bgsuwoody
06-12-07, 08:08 PM
I still think a ghost would have a filled in profile :)

davblay
06-12-07, 08:11 PM
BUT----------ONE POST!!!! He a ghost! :marine:

Marine84
06-12-07, 08:57 PM
And I thought it was just my imagination!