PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from MEPs

mesaRAT488
06-07-07, 08:15 PM
I went down to MEPs yesturday afternoon, stayed in the hotel and did the whole deal. Well apparently I need a waiver for my back, guess it is a little curved near the hip. But it has never ever been a problem with me before. They had me right a letter to go along with it stating that it hasnt ever been a problem and that I play basketball and do sea cadets and just got back from a Yosemitee backpacking trip this last summer without any problems.

They said that it shouldnt be a problem if it hasnt ever hurt before but I just wanted to know what you Marines thought. I also had to submit a waiver for my eyesight as well. They told me I would know within the month and not to worry everything will work out but I just wanted to know how you thought about it. The Marine Corps Liason Officer was really trying to get me in and had me fill out a couple pages explaining what sports Ive played as I have stated above.

I just wanted to know your imput, I aint given up this fight to become a Marine until I am 29 ( and I just turned 17 last Monday). :banana: :yes: :no:

JesseR

bgsuwoody
06-07-07, 09:26 PM
I went down to MEPs yesturday afternoon, stayed in the hotel and did the whole deal. Well apparently I need a waiver for my back, guess it is a little curved near the hip. But it has never ever been a problem with me before. They had me right a letter to go along with it stating that it hasnt ever been a problem and that I play basketball and do sea cadets and just got back from a Yosemitee backpacking trip this last summer without any problems.

They said that it shouldnt be a problem if it hasnt ever hurt before but I just wanted to know what you Marines thought. I also had to submit a waiver for my eyesight as well. They told me I would know within the month and not to worry everything will work out but I just wanted to know how you thought about it. The Marine Corps Liason Officer was really trying to get me in and had me fill out a couple pages explaining what sports Ive played as I have stated above.

I just wanted to know your imput, I aint given up this fight to become a Marine until I am 29 ( and I just turned 17 last Monday).

JesseR

Hey I think you will be fine to tell you the truth. The biggest thing is you have one of the biggest first steps out of the way and now its just a waiting game. You seem to have the right attitude and your desire will get you where you want to go. Don't sweat the small stuff and just let it ride and see what happens...No one has told you NO yet and thats all that matters :thumbup:

mesaRAT488
06-07-07, 10:25 PM
Thanks for your moto info it helps