PDA

View Full Version : Good evening!

762mm
06-06-07, 08:11 PM
Evening, I'm Neil. Rather straight to the point kind of guy, I might say, but I figured I'd pop on in and say hello.

Without further ado! I actually enlisted today, currently in the DEP shipping the second week of October unless the Corps needs to make a change. Going to go for an infantry MOS.

MEPS is a pain in the posterior, but anything is worth the reward at the end of this tunnel.

As for what I'm hoping to do? Well, I figured I'd try to become a range coach for a while, then see if I could do some PMI duty, then hopefully after a while and a whole bunch of high-speed schools send in the package for WO after 7.5 years to become a Range Officer ( 0930/9925 ) and hopefully somewhere along the way serve perminantly on the Corps' Shooting Team out of Quantico.

So, that said ( dang, I can finally take a breath )... Evening Marines and Corpsman, and hello fellow pool-rats!

Poolie 762, reporting as ordered!

Books
06-06-07, 09:22 PM
Hey Neil. Congrats on your enlistment. I always though October would be a good time to go to Parris Island. That way you hit SOI in the spring and not the summer.

762mm
06-06-07, 09:43 PM
Yes, I agree. My recruiter told me that Jan-March actually is a very good time as far as weather there goes, as one of his fellow recruiters in the same office went around that time.

My primary reason for shipping that late, is because on 1OCT, the new fiscal year for the Corps begins, and new MOS slots open up. In my case I wanted an infantry slot, and because I'm signing into the DEP now, I became first on the list to choose in October.

A little bit of strategy helps from time to time. :)

USMC90
06-06-07, 09:48 PM
Congratulations and best of luck to you.

:thumbup:

762mm
06-06-07, 10:02 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Now where all those old-salts at? I got some big ears that I want to put to use to start listening how things are done.