PDA

View Full Version : Drop put in boot camp

joker8914
06-06-07, 02:51 AM
What is the Drop out for Basic just wondering im hearing alot of numbers but none sound right and there is one test at the end of boot what happens if i fail i was never good at tests i dont wont to be all the way done and then fail the test to Become a Marine i leave this sat the 10 of june

ianmusto
06-06-07, 03:12 AM
I'll tell you what when I go to boot I WILL NOT fail, for me to come back without that EGA the DI's will have to drag me back to a bus while I try to claw my way back to the sandpit!

Kildars
06-06-07, 04:57 AM
Translation: <br />
<br />
What is the drop out rate for boot camp? I am just wondering because I hear a lot of numbers but none of them sound right. There is a test at the end of boot camp , what happens if I...

MKinney
06-06-07, 05:09 AM
I was dropped in training for pneumonia. Really weakens the lungs and I spent over a month in EHP while it cleared up. Hacking up blood and all that good stuff. Didn't help much that I had Pink eye at the same time. I picked up in mid June with my new platoon and completed September first (Was originally August 11)

Zulu 36
06-06-07, 06:00 AM
Drop out rates depend on many factors. Illness, injury, inability to adjust, criminal behavior in boot camp, discovery of fraud enlistment, etc. <br />
<br />
My platoon picked up 75 recruits. We graduated 65....

Marine84
06-06-07, 07:56 AM
You're up at 4 AM worrying about this? If YOU think you'll fail, you will. If you're afraid something will come out that you haven't told them, it will. My platoon dropped at least 15 - some went to PCP, some went home.

It's more of a mental thing than anything else. Failure IS NOT an option!

Goose
06-06-07, 08:37 AM
Here is some good advice. Don't think of failure. That is not a word that Marine use. Besides a medical condition, you will make it. Worst case is that you will be re-cycled. Moved to another platoon and start up again. Listen to what your told, work on things to make yourself better and you will be fine. Good luck

249gunner
06-06-07, 09:39 AM
10% to injury

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-06-07, 04:15 PM
About 10-15 percent will be dropped from any platoon. Some (such as mine) will drop many more, others will drop many less.

The test isn't difficult. If you can't pass it, you have no business in the Marine Corps, or having a high school diploma for that matter.

davblay
06-06-07, 04:39 PM
Unless the regulations have changed, if a recruit doesn't complete Boot Camp, he will be issued a &quot;TRAINEE DISCHARGE&quot;, like I said unless things have changed! <br />
<br />
Can any Marine dispute this or...

davblay
06-06-07, 04:47 PM
E4B is correct, I agree 100%! The test covers everything you were taught during Training, if you fail, then you failed to pay attention during training! That test, like all tests, is designed to see how well you learn, to wit "TEST"!
My advise is, pay attention to detail, and keep on trucking, you will find that the answers are there in your head, without even thinking about it. At that stage of Boot Camp, you have learned to respond, that's all! SOOO---DO IT!

joker8914
06-06-07, 08:10 PM
You're up at 4 AM worrying about this? If YOU think you'll fail, you will. If you're afraid something will come out that you haven't told them, it will. My platoon dropped at least 15 - some went to PCP, some went home.

It's more of a mental thing than anything else. Failure IS NOT an option!
lol no i work nights and i just got home lol no i was not worring about failing not my goal in life but my father had ask what the numbers were

CPLGRAY90-94
06-06-07, 09:59 PM
When i was in we started with 83 and graduated 53. If you got dropped for good, you got a one way greyhound bus ticket and 25$ cash and shipped home. I am sure things have changed. Anybody heard of the stress cards?? What the hell are those and whats the story??

Zulu 36
06-06-07, 10:02 PM
When i was in we started with 83 and graduated 53. If you got dropped for good, you got a one way greyhound bus ticket and 25$ cash and shipped home. I am sure things have changed. Anybody heard of the stress cards?? What the hell are those and whats the story??

No such thing as stress cards. Myth and fable. Even the Air Force doesn't have them.